Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brain Dead
BrainMeta.com Forum > A Little Humor > Realm of the Ridiculous
Peace2u
Hi all, I'm new to this site.

I think we're all brain dead, which is to say that our brains as well as the rest of our bodies are neither alive or dead. Have any of you read about George Rodenia?
He was a Soviet scientist who was killed by the KGB in the late 70's, I believe. They ran him over, stopped, backed up and ran him over again just to be sure he was good and and dead, which he was. His body was was pronounced and no brainwave activity was registered at all. So old George was placed in a cold morgue storage compartment for three days. During this time he was experiencing what we would refer to as a near-death experience. The thing is he wasn't near dead, he was dead dead.

When they pulled him out to begin the autopsy he awoke when they began the first cut. The first thing he said was, " Check the boy's left arm. It's broken." There was a kid in another room, in another part of the hospital who was crying and the doctor's couldn't figure out what was wrong. They checked and sure enough his left arm had a hairline fracture that had been overlooked. George had no idea he had been there for three days but he had been having quite an experience in consciousness . . . even as the brainwave activity was non-existent and as his body was in a freezing cold, airless compartment.

I first saw this on the Discovery channel. They said this was evidence that the mind existed outside of the body and that the brain might just be more of a receiving instrument. . . .

"The world is only an illusion, a trick of conciousness." - Albert Einstein
QUOTE (Peace2u @ Apr 09, 09:58 PM)
I first saw this on the Discovery channel.

*hint* Don't believe everything you see on TV.

Your Einstein quote is inappropriate since he did not believe in the type of phenomena underlying your comical story above. Also the quotes validity is highly questionable (you should cite sources better, not just tag on anyones name)
Laz
That's rather harsh Guest, and not much of a way to welcome a new member!

AriAnnis
Laz:

I agree.

"GUEST" --although having some intellect lacks a fundemental understanding of the greater reality. Unfortunately... intellect isn't going to be the only means of getting that VOID filled and until you find it within yourself to understand that -- you will keep being an empty vessel.

ganji
Laz, it may be harsh but Guest's comments are not unwarranted.

Ari, I have no idea what you're trying to say. Are you trying to say that having an intellect interferes with understanding greater reality? Are you praising the lack of intellect?

Laz
I see, so you believe it's survival of the fittest out here, the weak will fall by the way side and those who remain will be the strongest, with the best thoughts on topics, and only speak the truth?

I can't view this board as a battle ground, our peers are not all the same as us, we have kids and OAPs contributing, people from all over the world with different ideals and philosophies. It should be our duty to help them and try to understand them rather than chastise them like a Victorian headmaster.
AriAnnis
Ganji:

I am saying that intellect interfers with enlightenment to some degree. Lets just say that the logic GOD "uses" isn't our kind of logic. Infact it might be BACKWARD to the way we think. Who's logic is more truthful?? Our logic is for OUR world... God's logic is for GOD's. If you try to logically figure out GOD and DIVINITY from your perspective --it's going to be wrong. In my encounter there was so much abstract thought that I'm convinced of this.

Here on EARTH it is survival of the fittest . . . but if that were so --how come the soul doesn't feel the same way? In fact the soul would willingly give up it's life for anothers . . . because it knows that this is not really life. But you THINK it is.

When we die . . . on EARTH it is DEATH to us . . . it is not death to GOD . . we are still living. From our perspective (on earth) that person that died is Dead . . . but that person/soul is still LIVING (to GOD) only in another greater reality. So what is Death? From your point of view or from God's and which is right???

And I was saying that "Guest" is being some what rude . . . he has intellect though
Laz
Woah there Ari! slow down a bit, my logic can't keep up with yours! You've got some great ideas in this post and it's caught my imagination.

I'd like to explore them with you, but maybe one at a time wink.gif

Lets just say that the logic GOD "uses" isn't our kind of logic. Infact it might be BACKWARD to the way we think

Can you elaborate on what you know about God's logic? Surely we could infer gods logic if we could see the bigger picture?
AriAnnis
Laz:

Did you ever wonder why God doesn't seem to be concerned with our deaths? Because it isn't DEATH at all... all of it is LIFE (from God's perspective). This Earth is like a playground where we learn. Although we THINK it is real and THERE seem to be REAL consequences of our actions... from our perspective --but NOT from God's.

How much MORE free YOUR children would be if YOU weren't concerned about THEIR deaths. But you limit them . . . they can't go out to play someone might kidnap them, you see dangers everywhere and limit them. God doesn't limit you though... because he KNOWS something YOU don't (this is HIS logic). If you let your children run free here though --I can guarantee that child services will be knocking on your door(OUR LOGIC). How much damage is done from all this limiting???? Do you think your children are ALL THEY CAN BE?

Laz
interesting wink.gif I don't have an idea of God to which i can attach your words, but given the Christian God as a placeholder for your words; i can see what you mean. However this idea does run into problems when free will turns to crime.

While Gods logic may not contain this particular concept, human logic does, so the too cannot co-exist, this can lead to people killing others and claiming that God told them to so it's okay. Oh, and no human can judge them! Perhaps this is where your idea of death being irrelevent comes in?

I don't have kids of my own yet, but from personal childhood experience; kids left to do as they please end up doing stupid things and getting in lots of trouble.
AriAnnis
Laz:

I was a perfectly SANE person and I got in touch via the internet with a person who knew something that I didn't know... I was told a riddle -- this riddle gets stuck in your brain and focus's you on God... it speeds up the brain and fixes it on ONE subject. It fires ONE question after another.... without rest.....it supposedly came from GOD.

I had THREE days of Abstract thought going and NO SLEEP (ripe for an altered state cause I couldn't let go of that riddle )--I had difficulty relating back to the way that HUMAN BEINGs think. I was elated to finally have found the answers to many of my questions.....I was taken in to protective custody...and then to the hospital....I said -- a totally illogical statement.....(from OUR point of view)

"I am immortal" this is because from God's logic --I AM IMMORTAL-- but I forgot that people don't understand that. That alone WAS proof of my instability to them. What I needed was a bit of down time to figure out what had happened and how to relate again --with the human logic.

Because they COULD not understand me I found in an effort to TRY and get them to understand me that I was trying to talk faster...find different ways for them to understand -----this they called "pressurized speech" and MORE proof of my insanity.

It was a no win situation. I gave up realizing they weren't going to get it and I was better off just not saying a thing. They let me out.
Laz
Is this pressurized typing wink.gif

I am listening to what you say, tell me the riddle, see if it gets stuck in my head smile.gif
Steve
3 days with no sleep! It's no wonder you could suddenly relate to a "reverse logic." Not to discount the reality of your experience, but perhaps it's not the greatest idea to base your faith on a line of abstract thought you had after 3 days of sleep dep (during sleep dep your reasoning skills go down the tubes, especially after 3 days!). I'm also very curious as to what this riddle is, and even moreso interested in how you ended up in protective custody after your experience, if you'd care to share.
Joesus
You can't explain enlightenment to someone who doesn't know what it is.
Dan
that helps explain how you can believe that you are enlightened
tongue.gif
Laz
Joesus, Can an enlightened person not know of their status? I'm guessing enlightenment is not an on/off switch but a gradual progression so a person can can be given guidelines, rules, things to expect?
Joesus
What would be the gage or the point of reference?
Do you believe it has a starting point, an ending and possibly something in between?
One could reference Patanjali but even that is only a description and there are no descriptions that are absolute.
Consciousness does recognize itself however.
Laz
So it's a members only club then, a catch 22 situation?
Can an enlightened person not know of their status?

No. To extend Joesus post, Enlightened consciousness recognizes itself.
Laz
So if it can't be spoken of in relative terms, and cannot be learnt, or shared, and only an enlightened person can tell if they are enlightened, anyone can say that they are enlightened.

However would an un-enlightened person claim to be enlightened, and vice versa, would an enlightened one claim to be un-enlightened? hmmm.
QUOTE (Laz @ Apr 15, 03:57 AM)
However would an un-enlightened person claim to be enlightened, and vice versa, would an enlightened one claim to be un-enlightened? hmmm.

anyone can claim whatever they want. Enlightened consciousness recognizes itself as much as deluded consciousness deludes itself.
Laz
which are you guest?
would you be able to tell the difference?
Laz
it's probably a fine line, right? like genius and insanity
QUOTE (Laz @ Apr 15, 04:50 AM)
it's probably a fine line, right? like genius and insanity

No. Genius is like insanity but it has better control over itself and remains anchored in reality. Enlightenment is nothing like delusion except that they both share the belief of enlightenment.
Laz
So we're back to enlightenment being something that you just know.

would you say that any particular religion would get you to enlightenment?
QUOTE (Laz @ Apr 15, 05:10 AM)
So we're back to enlightenment being something that you just know.

would you say that any particular religion would get you to enlightenment?

not just know, but know, feel, are.

particular religions are not necessary and often act as a hindrance.

Laz
So do you believe as i do that one can find the way to enlightenment without outside help?
Joesus
Anything is possible
Dan
how ridiculous

watching 'ascensionites' act enlightened without actually claiming to be does make for sound entertainment
cckeiser
QUOTE (Guest @ Apr 10, 09:50 AM)

Your Einstein quote is inappropriate since he did not believe in the type of phenomena underlying your comical story above. Also the quotes validity is highly questionable (you should cite sources better, not just tag on anyones name)

http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Albert_Einstein/11

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Albert Einstein

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
Albert Einstein

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity.
Albert Einstein

http://www.brunardot.com/  Quotations in t...onceptualism  /

The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Albert Einstein
cckeiser
It is always easy to criticize the creative works of others. Especially when you do not have any of your own.
An Intelligent mind will analyze, not criticize.

"There is more in the world than you have dreamt of in all of your philosophies,Horatio."

Hamlet (Act 1Scene IV.)
Substance abuser#9181985
"When the universe stops you will see the star that stares you in the face." -Ryan Hope
vicky
i don't belive in god bcose i'm god .if u give more info send me massage bcose it's a topology in the universe.
vicky
if i'm living u r living (all things ) in universe.
rhymer
Vicky,

You say you don't believe in god because you are god.

This means that you don't believe in yourself !

What do you believe in?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am