Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How pure is acid these days?
BrainMeta.com Forum > Enhancing Consciousness and Cognition > Expanding Consciousness > Entheogens
Substance abuser#9181985
Has rat poison or any other foreign ingredient been used to subsitute Lsd for Acid.
richard evans
I also heard that somewhere too,and when I mentioned it on another site(The Lycaeum),the response was a pretty sarcastic one,as if I was born yesterday and didn't know the score,and had never tripped in my life.(Bloody students!I've nothing against them,but sometimes,you get the odd one who thinks they know all there is to know about tripping because they have read Aldous bloody Huxley,and they have probably never even had a proper("mythological") dose where the hallucinations take on a life of their own without your actve participation,i.e.by staring(hard)in order to hallucinate instead of the hallucinations just "being there",without (my) effort.This dose is like a "critical mass" of a nuclear reaction,which means at least 100 liberty caps,but I couldn't tell you how much acid is needed-1,2....7 tabs,I don't know,it all depends on how much acid is in each tab,I guess,and although I am an experienced tripper,I am no scientist.HeHe!If only they met me in person!And I have nothing against students,only the arrogant ones who think they know what tripping is all about because they read it in a bloody book-reading the kama sutra does not make a virgin a sexual god,does it?!Anyway,I digress-anyone reading this will think that I have a chip on my shoulder....like I said,I've nothing against students,so,please don't take me the wrong way if you are a student,by chance!

Anyway,maybe it is a myth,but I was always led to believe that sometimes,LSD manufacturers use strychnine(!) to cut a few corners and costs,or,if they can't acquire the exact ingredients,so they use the "next best" thing,F#####G STRYCHNINE,if what I am told is true.And-if I am correct in saying so-this is what is known as "BAD" acid,you know,"Stay away from the bad acid",Woodstock.I do know this though,I have taken acid with something in it,and it made all my joints-especially my the back of neck and legs,my fingers/knuckles,and my knees stiff,which is in fact-although not necessarily-a symptom of (mild) strychnine poisoning.Acute strychnine poisoning is supposed to contract the muscles so much,that the facial muscles are contorted/contracted to the point where it looks like you have died with a big cheesy grin on your face.It might have looked like the victim died happy,but actually,it is supposed to be a horrible agonising death!

So,I don't know for a fact that sometimes rat poison/strychnine is sometimes used as a short cut when making LSD,but,I have had acid with all the hallmarks of mild strychnine poisoning,so,it could be true.
Unknown
There is a great deal of superstition regarding purification of psychedelics. Actually, any impurities which may be present as a result of synthetic procedures will almost certainly be without any effect on the trip. If there are 200 micrograms of LSD in a tablet, there could only be 200 mics of impurities present even if the LSD was originally only 50% pure (assuming nothing else has been added), and few compounds will produce a significant effect until a hundred to a thousand times this amount has been ingested. Even mescaline, which has a rather specific psychedelic effect, requires about a thousand thimes this amount.

Note that:

on a piece of paper, vs. a tablet, you can't even add significant amounts of adulterants
adulterants would cost, whereas blank paper will rip someone off just as well.
LSD itself has some "body-kinks" on some people some times. Nausea is one of them. its usually mild and transient. It also has speedlike (ie, adrenergic stimulation) effects, etc.

From: Handbook of Poisoning, 10th ed, R.H. Dreisbach, M.D., PhD, Lange Med. Pub. Co. Los Altos, Ca.: strychnine is lethal in 15-30 mg amounts to adult humans. (Pure nicotine is fatal at 40 mg./person; cyanide salts are fatal at about 100 mg./person) Strychnine causes death by respitory failure, via increased spinal reflex excitability.

According to Alexander Shulgin the difinitive answer is that strychnine is neither used in the synthesis, produced by the synthesis, or a possible contaminant of the synthesis. But just look at the structures of strychnine vs Lysergic acid/LSD/etc and you should be able to understand that readily.
richard evans
Thankyou Unknown for your informative answer-and not a hint of sarcasm!A lot of it still flies over my head though-I only use drugs,and don't study them,you see.Thanks anyway.
theres nothing that can fit on a piece of blotter paper and be active with similar effects to LSD at such a small amount of materal. i mean some drugs can be active at very small levels like nicotine, risperdal, xanax, but none of them are like LSD. anytime you take such a small little bloter paper and get acid like effects from it, its LSD, cant be anything else. so LSD is LSD, its not a matter of purity, but dosage...the dosage tends to be smaller today than in the past
Psiloman
THe only thing that can fit on a blotter paper is LSD,DOB and in rare occasion shulgins research chemical 5-meo-AMT. Im back guys,after a loooooong loooooooong time!
Unknown
i love lsd
SooperStooge
There is DOB going around on blotter now. So be careful. The blotter has a very bitter taste to it.
Hey, I dunno if anybody is even still reading this-but I just stumbled across it while reading about other chemicals you could put in a blotter. First off, there's no way to really know what's in your drug if you buy it off the streets so be careful. Secondly, people who say that LSD is the only drug you can put in a blotter are completely and totally full of shit. There are several chemicals that have been found as blotter adulterants, like DOB, DOC, ALD-52, LSA, 2C-C (2C-C blotters were siezed by the DEA) and a whole bunch of other chemicals. You have to understand that there are an endless amount of chemicals out there and some of them do have high enough potency to be put in a blotter. The ones I named up there are just a couple off the top of my head, that are either analogues of acid, chemicals in blotters that have been siezed by the DEA or just known blotter adulterants. Anyway, as for the symptoms you described I'd guess DOB, but it could really be any research chemical. Since you described a body load, I'd say a DOx chemical because those usually have body loads to them. But again, you have to understand that there are all sorts of chemicals that they put in drugs, and when you ingest these chemicals you're taking a bit of a risk. Acid's a little safer, but I've seen some kids tweak out on tabs that were obviously not acid. So Have Fun-Be Safe, and most of all Be Careful!
Culture
QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 11, 12:46 PM) *

Hey, I dunno if anybody is even still reading this-but I just stumbled across it while reading about other chemicals you could put in a blotter. First off, there's no way to really know what's in your drug if you buy it off the streets so be careful. Secondly, people who say that LSD is the only drug you can put in a blotter are completely and totally full of shit. There are several chemicals that have been found as blotter adulterants, like DOB, DOC, ALD-52, LSA, 2C-C (2C-C blotters were siezed by the DEA) and a whole bunch of other chemicals. You have to understand that there are an endless amount of chemicals out there and some of them do have high enough potency to be put in a blotter. The ones I named up there are just a couple off the top of my head, that are either analogues of acid, chemicals in blotters that have been siezed by the DEA or just known blotter adulterants. Anyway, as for the symptoms you described I'd guess DOB, but it could really be any research chemical. Since you described a body load, I'd say a DOx chemical because those usually have body loads to them. But again, you have to understand that there are all sorts of chemicals that they put in drugs, and when you ingest these chemicals you're taking a bit of a risk. Acid's a little safer, but I've seen some kids tweak out on tabs that were obviously not acid. So Have Fun-Be Safe, and most of all Be Careful!

Yip I am still reading this. Interesting post and will definitely it out. What I am a bit confused about is your last comment " Acid's a little safer, but I've seen some kids tweak out on tabs that were obviously not acid"
I have seen people tweak out on a host of substances - mdma/thc included. But how could you say with certainty that the tabs were obviously not acid? Unless you have a method of testing on site it would be impossible to be sure.

Know your mind and source.
Darksanity
LSD is the purest chemical black-market drug.
trojan_libido
Can I ask why people would assume that LSD was tampered with? It is one of the most powerful drugs on the planet, simple lowering the quantity applied to the blotter paper/microdot would mean your getting ripped off in a much easier way. In fact, giving you paper with nothing on it at all is much simpler than poisoning people.

There is no such thing as "Bad Acid". The trip is entirely dependant on the set and setting. As far as I know, the LSD of the 1960's was around 3-5 times stronger than you'll find today. No wonder those hippies saw God and the Devil. lol.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright � BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am