Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Fourth Way
BrainMeta.com Forum > Philosophy, Truth, History, & Politics > Theology > Religions and Esoterism
Steve
Has anyone heard of this system? I only came across it recently, but I'm very impressed with it. It isn't a so-called system of beliefs, as there is no faith involved, but more of a system for gaining consciousness. Basically the idea behind it is that we are all mechanical beings and in our current state have no consciousness, but by observing ourselves and struggling with barriers such as negative emotion and identification we can become conscious. It states that we have no free will in our current state; "I" cannot "do". Its description of the mind and the breakdown of functions I think blows modern psychology out of the water, because this system studies the human mind as a being that is in transformation, not a complete being. It also offers many interesting theories about the universe and cosmology including the law of three and the law of seven(the law of octaves). The best part is that this system is very logical; everything can and must be verified by the reader by self-study. So, has anyone heard of this before? I'm very surprised that it hasn't been mentioned on these boards yet. I think a discussion about it would be most interesting. biggrin.gif
Unknown
I don't think I've heard anything of the Fourth Way (what are the other three ways?). Do you have any webpages you can point us to?

Unknown
oh, nevermind. I see the description of your thread is "Gurdjieff and Ouspensky". Yes, I've heard of Gurdjieff (sp?) and think maybe I've seen a thread on him here somewhere. I don't know that much about him and so it might be good to get more info about him. Never heard of Ouspensky though.
Robert the Bruce
Yes, I have studied them both in great detail decades ago.

Gurdjieff's life is most interesting and drawn from the Sarman Brotherhood which I show is related to the Tarim Basin Red-Heads who created almost all religions and myths so that average people could be managed. I start this exploration in Diverse Druids and carry it forward through all my books.

Some interesting tidbits include Bernard Baruch - he studied Gurdjieff and thus was (Like most Rothschilds) an top esotericist. Baruch was one of two personal appointees by FDR for the creation of a New Europe which the plotters planned long before WWI. They created the wars and made their plan a reality. Heinz Kissinger (SS Officer) was groomed under Baruch at Lake Leman where Pierre Plantard de Saint Clair (alchemist) consulted with these people before he became head of the Priory of Sion. Plantard later quit this group or wa ousted due to his fear they will actually achieve a de-population plan I think they are working on.

Gurdjieff learned that people are so hypnotized to the paradigm they live in that he used nothing more than dance discipline to access their body and its solar or chakra centers to free their soul.

As an octogenarian he was hit by a car and suffered serious injury including a shattered pelvis. He was up and walking per usual in a few months.
Steve
I don't think I've heard anything of the Fourth Way (what are the other three ways?). Do you have any webpages you can point us to?

I looked for a while, most of the webpages I found make it seem like a wierd cult thing, I can only suggest that you go to the library and read something by Ouspensky on the Fourth way. I noticed many big changes in the way I thought as soon as I began reading. As to the other three ways, they are the ways of the monk, yogi, and fakir(corresponding to the emotional, intellectual, and instinctual centres of the mind, respectively). The fourth way attempts to correct the functioning of all centres and develop higher centres as well to gain higher consciousness. Ouspensky uses an analogy for the mind as a factory with many machines in it that are the centres and divisions of centres in our minds. These machines are rusty and do not work efficiently because they are undeveloped. The idea is that once they work efficiently we can gain higher centres and the main goal, consciousness.
Steve
ok, here we go, I found a great site: http://www.pantheonpress.com/fourth_way_introduction.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright � BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am