Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I am ready.
BrainMeta.com Forum > Enhancing Consciousness and Cognition > Expanding Consciousness
zhenka11230
I am tired of living safely. I want to explore my unconscious. I know i am ready for this step. Should i start with Salvia? Or something else? I want a psychedelic, therapeutic and freeing connecting expirience. What should i try, how much and where do i get it? I am currently in New York, Brooklyn.

Any advice? Thanks!
code buttons
QUOTE(zhenka11230 @ Nov 14, 2007, 06:26 PM) *

I am tired of living safely. I want to explore my unconscious. I know i am ready for this step. Should i start with Salvia? Or something else? I want a psychedelic, therapeutic and freeing connecting expirience. What should i try, how much and where do i get it? I am currently in New York, Brooklyn.

Any advice? Thanks!

Ha! Ha! Your blatant honesty on the subject is histerical. Yes, you do seem ready. I would first advise you to check the vaults here at BM. There are volumes of information on the subject from old posts complete with links, addresses and even phone numbers. Secondly, be patient and don't expect information like that to be publicly shared just for the asking. For right now, enjoy your stay here and please share your thoughts and comments with us, no matter how extreme or insignificant you think they are.
Orbz
QUOTE(zhenka11230 @ Nov 15, 2007, 11:26 AM) *

Any advice? Thanks!

Without being too silly, nitrous oxide (nangs, cream canisters) can be a good place to start.
Its safe in the short term, as long as you don't suffocate, or inhale directly from the bulb.
Its relatively safe long term, as long as you don't have vitamin b deficiencies or are intending to get pregnant any time soon.
Its legal.
Its cheap.
Its effects wear off within 2 minutes.
Its not very dependence producing.
It produces a strong enough effect that you do feel like you are adventuring through conscious states, and is surprisingly effective at doing so for something which is often laughed at because of its use and abuse by adolescents.

I'll leave you to find out what it does, but it is used commonly as an anaesthetic (laughing gas).
Orbz
QUOTE(maximus242 @ Nov 15, 2007, 02:44 PM) *

I strongly recommend you do not use nitrous oxide as it is potentially dangerous if used incorrectly. Its only recommended for use in the hands of a trained medical physician.

http://www.justsayn2o.com/nitrous.dangers.html

I doubt that its any more dangerous than ethanol.
Just don't suffocate.
Orbz
N2O does not combine with haemoglobin, but is carried free in the blood and excreted unchanged through the lungs. The risk of hypoxia comes not from any interaction between N2O and O2 in the blood or brain, but from simply not inhaling oxygen often enough. The vast majority of deaths from N2O abuse have been through stupidity (tying a plastic bag full of N2O round the head, letting off a tank in a airtight place, that sort of thing).

from
http://www.justsayn2o.com/nitrous.dangers.html

Remember oxygen = good
Flex
I do not suggest salvia. Go for shrooms--first time about 1 ---- 1 1/2 grams.

or the tea I was telling you about, it has similar effects wink.gif
Orbz
QUOTE(Flex @ Nov 15, 2007, 03:43 PM) *

Tea?
Flex
QUOTE(Orbz @ Nov 14, 2007, 10:58 PM) *

QUOTE(Flex @ Nov 15, 2007, 03:43 PM) *

Tea?

Secret family recipe wink.gif
trojan_libido
Have some posts been deleted here or what? People are quoting posts that dont exist...

Lucid dreaming and mushrooms. Stay away from nutmeg, datura or anything like that. Ask about safety here before you go off on a journey.
maximus242
Yea I accidentally deleted my own post, I meant to hit edit but hit delete instead. :/ lol
trojan_libido
I'm very interested in this Tea too. I'd love a pm Flex smile.gif
Orbz
QUOTE(Flex @ Nov 15, 2007, 04:08 PM) *

Secret family recipe wink.gif

I wish I had a secret family recipe.
trojan_libido
We had one, it was called 'Knuckle Sandwich'. No one outside the family knew of its contents, and the filling was variable, but it often tasted of my Mothers slipper wink.gif
Enki
QUOTE(Flex @ Nov 14, 2007, 10:43 PM) *

I do not suggest salvia. Go for shrooms--first time about 1 ---- 1 1/2 grams.

For God's sake Flex!
What are you talking about!
Stop!
zhenka11230
I am now his apprentice to achieve enough mastery to make "tea Tea"!
Enki
What goes on in our planet I do wonder?!
Definitely the tranquility of our Matrix is under serious question.
Discordia
I also suggest 1 gram of shrooms with some orange spice tea (or whichever you prefer.) You brew the tea, and then let the mushrooms sit in the tea for 15 minutes. Start drinking the tea, and chew on the mushrooms until they are a paste. You must chew them as long as you can. You should see the effects within a half hour.
Enki
I do call moderators of this forum to fully erase this topic!

Mixing such stuff with tea is horrifically dangerous for mental health.
trojan_libido
Why is it Enki? Its just mushrooms or hoasca, the additional ingredients are only for flavour or minor alterations. What makes it dangerous? Why do you want to stop people talking about this?
Enki
QUOTE(trojan_libido @ Nov 29, 2007, 12:51 AM) *

Why is it Enki? Its just mushrooms or hoasca, the additional ingredients are only for flavour or minor alterations. What makes it dangerous? Why do you want to stop people talking about this?

L-Theanine Trojan, mixed effect.
trojan_libido
After reading about theanine a little, I have no reason to think that its dangerous in any way. Its just a relaxant and immune system booster thats found in normal tea. Can you supply some source for your worries Enki?
Flex
I agree, if anything the theanine should improve neurological function.
Enki
Dear Trojan, Dear Flex,

It cannot be an open discussion here. Theanine is not dangerous, but being mixed with the magic mushrooms it may yield very specific, not well studied and extremely dangerous effect.

That is why, PLEASE, do not use magic mushrooms together with Tea.

People, trust me, you should trust me, you MUST trust me: do not intake magic mushrooms together with tea. DO NOT!

It is not possible to explain why not (and it is not possible to explain why it is not possible to explain), just trust Enki, do not intake them both together or too close in time one after another!!! Do not listen anybody in that matter, listen to me PLEASE.
zhenka11230
QUOTE(Enki @ Nov 30, 2007, 01:06 PM) *

Dear Trojan, Dear Flex,

It cannot be an open discussion here. Theanine is not dangerous, but being mixed with the magic mushrooms it may yield very specific, not well studied and extremely dangerous effect.

That is why, PLEASE, do not use magic mushrooms together with Tea.

People, trust me, you should trust me, you MUST trust me: do not intake magic mushrooms together with tea. DO NOT!

It is not possible to explain why not (and it is not possible to explain why it is not possible to explain), just trust Enki, do not intake them both together or too close in time one after another!!! Do not listen anybody in that matter, listen to me PLEASE.

Sounds as if you are almost prompting me to do it out of principle to rebel.
Kclo4x
How about Morning glories?

find out how to extract the toxin first (use something like DCM, Chloroform, Ethyl Acetate, etc)
Morning Glories contain LSA....

Also you could always try Salvia Divinorum, i bet it is safer then anything els you could get, physically, psychologically, and its legal.

Probably Not to smart to take a ton at the beggining, but just get used to it
I HAVE NEVER DONE IT however.

But i do know, if you have a family member with mental illness and you take tryptamines *LSD, DMT, Magic Mushrooms, etc) it can cause you to have it... at least i have heard this... not from a reliable source, best to do more research smile.gif

You could try Opium Lettuce too... probably have some in your yard... smile.gif
haha I'm working on making "heroin Lettuce" by doubling the chromosomes of the L. Serriola

Orbz
QUOTE(Enki @ Nov 29, 2007, 07:01 PM) *

L-Theanine Trojan, mixed effect.

From wikipedia
Theanine has been shown to reduce mental and physical stress[3] and may produce feelings of relaxation.[4]

Theanine is speculated to produce these effects by increasing the level of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) production. Theanine increases brain serotonin, dopamine, GABA levels and has micromolar affinities for AMPA, Kainate and NMDA receptors.[5]

You would therefore expect some interactions but not necessarily of the negative kind. Increased serotonin would presumably potentiate slightly the effect of the hallucinogen. Increased dopamine would increase motivation slightly, and increased GABA would probably reduce some of the anxiogenic effects of hallucinogen intake. This last one is the most important for protection against adverse effects/bad trips. It doesn't say whether its an agonist at the other receptor sites or an antagonist.

I'm doubtful the levels in a cup of tea would be noticeable.
Enki
QUOTE(zhenka11230 @ Nov 30, 2007, 10:35 AM) *

Sounds as if you are almost prompting me to do it out of principle to rebel.

No it sounds as it sounds, it is very important warning.
Enki
QUOTE(Orbz @ Nov 30, 2007, 09:11 PM) *

Increased serotonin would presumably potentiate slightly the effect of the hallucinogen. Increased dopamine would increase motivation slightly, and increased GABA would probably reduce some of the anxiogenic effects of hallucinogen intake. This last one is the most important for protection against adverse effects/bad trips. It doesn't say whether its an agonist at the other receptor sites or an antagonist.

I'm doubtful the levels in a cup of tea would be noticeable.

Excellently described Orbz.

Alpha waves Orbz ... mixed effect.

I will discuss that later in the Tea Club, I really have urgent work by now. I am sorry.
Enki
QUOTE(Kclo4x @ Nov 30, 2007, 04:20 PM) *

But i do know, if you have a family member with mental illness and you take tryptamines *LSD, DMT, Magic Mushrooms, etc) it can cause you to have it... at least i have heard this... not from a reliable source, best to do more research smile.gif

Possibly you have heard that from a bird as I see.

AGAIN I ASK MODERATORS TO ERASE THIS TOPIC!
OR MOVE IT, ARCHIVE IT, HIDE IT.
code buttons
QUOTE(Enki @ Nov 30, 2007, 09:35 PM) *

I agree. While this is indeed a forum for exchange of ideas that relate to Consciousness Expansion a great deal, BM is not intended in any way to appear as a place to promote or encourage the careless and/or irresponsible use of mind altering substances and/or chemicals of any kind. You are following advise here at your own risk. What concerns me about this thread is that we are tittering on the edge of stoned-head advise here. Hiding this thread is not a bad idea.
Joesus
Openly discussing ignorance is better than trying to ignore it and remaining ignorant.
Everyone has a choice and if you point the way to choices that don't delude the senses but expand them naturally, then ignorance has a chance to grow into something more expansive.
Interestingly enough the last time I mentioned the reality of mind altering substances, I was challenged by the same people who now want to shut the topic down, that discussing mushrooms was a lovely topic and their effects a natural means to expand consciousness. I was told that I was F**KING the topic up by making my comments and should be banned from the forum.

Life is entertaining....at the least...
trojan_libido
I'm sitting on the fence with regards to this topic. If the L-Theanine acts as an MAOI then the effects of most hallucinogens are increased dramatically. But that wiki page doesn't say anything about the MAOI effect. But if I was you I'd listen to Enki smile.gif
Flex
QUOTE(code buttons @ Dec 01, 2007, 01:04 AM) *

QUOTE(Enki @ Nov 30, 2007, 09:35 PM) *

I agree. While this is indeed a forum for exchange of ideas that relate to Consciousness Expansion a great deal, BM is not intended in any way to appear as a place to promote or encourage the careless and/or irresponsible use of mind altering substances and/or chemicals of any kind. You are following advise here at your own risk. What concerns me about this thread is that we are tittering on the edge of stoned-head advise here. Hiding this thread is not a bad idea.

Why hide anything? The free exchange of information is essential to any informed decision. Isn't it better to provide information and enable individuals to make an informed choice, rather than hide information and facilitate misinformed choices? I do not see how providing information on illegal drugs is any different than their legal counterparts. Anecdotal evidence seems just as essential in the decision making process to me as clinical studies.
trojan_libido
Information is key, and relationships are damaged and put at risk by hiding drug related behaviour. Its important we do keep an objective slant on what we're discussing though, something I'm guilty of because it frustrates me no end how closed minded people are to the truth of their own legal drug use.
trojan_libido
Interestingly enough the last time I mentioned the reality of mind altering substances, I was challenged by the same people who now want to shut the topic down, that discussing mushrooms was a lovely topic and their effects a natural means to expand consciousness.
You threw mud at anyone who actually values consciousness expansion through entheogens, then you made fun of my attempts to convey the history of humanities entheogen use.
I was told that I was F**KING the topic up by making my comments and should be banned from the forum.
No one asked for you to be banned or removed, only that you were moderated with an eye for repetitive and unproductive posts.

But I'm not going to get off topic arguing with you again, I'm interested whether you feel we should allow drug based posts.

I personally don't see how anyone can say anything about drug use, since a lot of brainmeta members are into 'nootropics' which is the absolute definition of mind-altering drug use. Many of the users would also be hoping the changes are permanent.

I hope Brainmeta stays a place where all of humanities creativity, hope, belief, research, dreams and nightmares can play out for all to see and learn from. Brainmeta is all about freedom of speech, isn't it? With the exception of organising a revolution or overthrowing Royalty.

I've seen a thread on another forum end abruptly because of this kind of policy. A member had information to share that could shed light on an aspect of the mind, but was unable to speak because of the sites policies.
code buttons
QUOTE(Flex @ Dec 01, 2007, 01:07 PM) *

Anecdotal evidence seems just as essential in the decision making process to me as clinical studies.

Doing empiricism a disservice for the futility of subjectivity is a blatant insult to rationality, originating in a mind cluttered by ignorance; but I don't think of you like that, so I'll assume you are trying to be funny. And I never mentioned ilegal drugs in my statement, by the way. As far as the hiding of information, I don't know where you got that from my statement. By hiding the thread I meant putting it outside of the reach of the average troller (which includes minors, by the way). This is not a forum about exchange of information about illegal drug use just for the sake of illegal drug use. If the subject comes-up, and it's not being addressed with a careful, objective perspective, then we are detouring from the purpose of the forum. And because of that, I thought hiding the thread and making it available only to forum members interested in the subject might not be a bad idea. But it was just an idea.
Flex
QUOTE(code buttons @ Dec 03, 2007, 04:34 PM) *

QUOTE(Flex @ Dec 01, 2007, 01:07 PM) *

Anecdotal evidence seems just as essential in the decision making process to me as clinical studies.

Doing empiricism a disservice for the futility of subjectivity is a blatant insult to rationality, originating in a mind cluttered by ignorance; but I don't think of you like that, so I'll assume you are trying to be funny. And I never mentioned ilegal drugs in my statement, by the way. As far as the hiding of information, I don't know where you got that from my statement. By hiding the thread I meant putting it outside of the reach of the average troller (which includes minors, by the way). This is not a forum about exchange of information about illegal drug use just for the sake of illegal drug use. If the subject comes-up, and it's not being addressed with a careful, objective perspective, then we are detouring from the purpose of the forum. And because of that, I thought hiding the thread and making it available only to forum members interested in the subject might not be a bad idea. But it was just an idea.

The only thing that makes a minor a minor is the law--I see no reason why information should not be available to all individuals. If a minor is going to use a substance, I would rather they be informed than partake blindly.

I was not joking in my statement. Empirical evidence has its place, as does anecdotal evidence. When you go to a psychiatrist, and they diagnose you as having "clinical depression" I can almost guarantee that that diagnosis was based off of nothing more than a dialogue. The fact is, we don't know how everything works, but anecdotes can give us a good indication of possible consequences or benefits of substances and help us to make informed decisions. This is why I say anecdotal evidence is equally important in the decision making process.
Joesus
You threw mud at anyone who actually values consciousness expansion through entheogens, then you made fun of my attempts to convey the history of humanities entheogen use.

That is your opinion not mine. I said what I wanted to say and some felt they were being less than appreciated. Such is the frailty of the ego.
I'm interested whether you feel we should allow drug based posts.

Why? What importance will you give me for my opinion?
Last Click
Heres a novel idea, for what its worth:

Try meditation. Start here and start now. Don't use any drugs, legal or not, for the exploration and expansion of consciousness. They are unnecessary and may even be counterproductive.

Most of you wont listen to me i know. You'd rather rationalize your actions, your point of view, your opinions. You'd rather take the easy, quick route by the use of some entheogen.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright � BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am