Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Origins of Christmas
BrainMeta.com Forum > Philosophy, Truth, History, & Politics > Theology > Religions and Esoterism
Unknown
"The religious and cultural traditions that hold sway in the modern world have arisen from the rich loam of ancient faiths and rituals whose origins reach back into the murk of prehistory. But an abiding connection to the great cycle of the seasons provides an element of continuity to practices that began on pagan altars and can still be found, in transfigured form, in the homes of Christmas revelers today..."more
Unknown
I guess then, that it is quite alright for a non-religious person, to join in the Christmas spirit; being that Christmas was borrowed from ancient rituals honoring the celebration of the Cycles of Life?
Rick
Absolutely. Any excuse for a party!
rhymer
I believe there is no need of an excuse for a party!

That's reason enough to have a party!

That's three parties then tongue.gif
Unknown
QUOTE (Unknown @ Dec 06, 10:28 AM)
I guess then, that it is quite alright for a non-religious person, to join in the Christmas spirit; being that Christmas was borrowed from ancient rituals honoring the celebration of the Cycles of Life?

Actually, Christmans is not the only "borrowed" pagan holiday. Go here to see a list of all other pagan excuses we we can still use to go wild for a night.
Unknown
QUOTE (Unknown @ Dec 06, 03:39 PM)
Christmans is not the only "borrowed" pagan holiday.

And westerners are not the only ones looking-up at the skies for excuses to party
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright � BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am