Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Keep The New Forum?
BrainMeta.com Forum > Feedback, Announcements & FAQ > Feedback & Suggestions
Shawn
Please let me know what you think of the new forum.

Any sort of feedback would be helpful, like whether you find the new forum faster than the old, or where you think the style should be improved, that sort of thing.
OnlyNow
I probably should be disqualified because I voted without having seen the prior forum format.

I voted to keep this new forum, because I think any change would make it worse...or to say it in a more positive way: How can you improve on perfection? (It never hurts to suck up to the forum administrators.)

Rick
The old forum seemed better on performance (speed of loading pages), and while the multi-page access is broken in both, the old one at least let me get to posts over 200 without having to switch to the cumbersome outline mode.
Lindsay, or lgking
Why am I having trouble logging in? I registered using a new display--is that the same as log in?--name with a new e-mail. Still no success. And I cannot access my profile.
My new log in name is Lindsay and e-mail is lindsaykin-at-gmail.com
Shawn
QUOTE(Lindsay, or lgking @ Feb 08, 12:13 AM) *

Why am I having trouble logging in? I registered using a new display--is that the same as log in?--name with a new e-mail. Still no success. And I cannot access my profile.
My new log in name is Lindsay and e-mail is lindsaykin-at-gmail.com

hi Lindsay, I have emailed you your account info at the email above. Also, I modified your email to prevent email spiders from grabbing it. Let me know if you have any problems logging in.

Note that the display name is not necessarily the same as the log in name. You can set the display name to be pretty much whatever you want.

QUOTE(Rick @ Feb 07, 04:37 PM) *

The old forum seemed better on performance (speed of loading pages), and while the multi-page access is broken in both, the old one at least let me get to posts over 200 without having to switch to the cumbersome outline mode.

hi Rick. The faster load time of the old forum may have been because it was loading fewer posts per page. Until I fix the multipage problem with this forum, I will have the posts per page set very high (to 200), which means it will take longer to load pages with many posts on it as opposed to multipaging it to reduce the number of posts per page. Sorry about the multipage problem. I will see about having that fixed soon.

QUOTE(OnlyNow @ Feb 06, 11:40 AM) *

I probably should be disqualified because I voted without having seen the prior forum format.

I voted to keep this new forum, because I think any change would make it worse...or to say it in a more positive way: How can you improve on perfection? (It never hurts to suck up to the forum administrators.)

Thanks OnlyNow. There are a few bugs that need to be fixed in this forum, and even once they're fixed, this forum still has room for a lot of improvement, mainly in terms of layout, style, and functionality. The poll above, that started this thread, was actually for the last forum and the forum before that, which I believe was over a year ago.

In any event, in spite of the problems with this new forum, it is an improvement over the old one, and so I will stick with it and fix the few problems that this forum has. Remember, the old forum had a lot more problems than this one. I am confident the problems of this forum (multipage problem, etc) will be fixed. Just give me a little time.

OnlyNow
QUOTE(Shawn @ Feb 08, 01:02 AM) *

... Remember, the old forum had a lot more problems than this one. I am confident the problems of this forum (multipage problem, etc) will be fixed. Just give me a little time.

Fortunately, I can't remember any problems with the old forum because I believe I never laid eyes on it (though there's always that slim possibility that I suffer from "Leonard Shelby syndrome" (Memento)...do tell me so I'll "remember" each time I re-read this).

OMG, please take all the time you want, and then some! I'll bet you have another (real) job, no? Besides, I do realize that each little tweak might mean your painstaking analysis followed by hundreds of lines of thought and code, and then numerous frustrating debugging sessions. Satisfying such "simple" requests as, "Make it faster" might make the prospect of bursting into flames seem pleasant. As I told another poster, I've never seen more bells and whistles on a forum than this one. Somebody did good.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am