Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Facebook Integration?
BrainMeta.com Forum > Feedback, Announcements & FAQ > Feedback & Suggestions
GodConsciousness
There is some ongoing discussion whether we should attempt to integrate BM with FB. Any thoughts?
Hey Hey
QUOTE(GodConsciousness @ Aug 06, 2010, 03:17 PM) *
Any thoughts?
Not on FB. It's for talking about the weather!
GodConsciousness
I seem to be still up in the air on this one. Not sure if it would help generate any further quality of dialogue.
Hey Hey
QUOTE(GodConsciousness @ Aug 06, 2010, 03:28 PM) *

I seem to be still up in the air on this one. Not sure if it would help generate any further quality of dialogue.
As you say though, it would be good to hear other people's opinions and ideas.
Flex
Facebook was developed for college students. While there may be a good deal of weather reporting, the facebook network is full of all sorts of different people and ideas. I got involved with research at IMB purely through facebook.

My view on the issue is that there is basically no reason not to. No one is going to take the time and effort to make an account on here to talk about the weather.
Trip like I do
are you all really that lonely and deprived of intellectual exchange outside the virtual world that you would like to invite any idiot joe blow onto this site.... maybe you all should try my space or something else other than bm because this forum is definitely not for the average joe blow with bad ideas like this one!
GodConsciousness
I relish your elitism!
Trip like I do
QUOTE(GodConsciousness @ Aug 06, 2010, 07:32 PM) *

I relish your elitism!

oh yeah.... ketchup would ya!
Hey Hey
QUOTE(Flex @ Aug 06, 2010, 07:37 PM) *
No one is going to take the time and effort to make an account on here to talk about the weather.
QUOTE(Lindsay @ Feb 18, 2006, 12:28 AM) *
Guests: To avoid confusion, at least tell us where you live, and what the weather is like.
tongue.gif
Homegamek
The secrets of Brain Meta-the hidden harbor of 'Gods', should be kept off from the common people.
Hey Hey
QUOTE(Homegamek @ Aug 07, 2010, 07:05 AM) *

The secrets of Brain Meta-the hidden harbor of 'Gods', should be kept off from the common people.
And the spammers and trollers (sometime in guise or biding their time).
Homegamek
Indeed Facebook Integration may draw to forum too many simple people and esp. spammers.

In case if the popularity increases the forum can be converted into multi-level pyramidal system with restricted access to the upper levels of awareness.

The upper level can be called Olympic Committee.
Trip like I do
I also think speaking proper and understandable english be a criteria before posting privileges are granted ;0
I'm sick and tired of reading certain members, at times, incoherent gibberish wink.gif
Phi
I'm all for connecting BM and facebook. In the least, it gives BM an opportunity to reach a wider audience for material that isn't as common as I would expect it to be. Who knows? an opportunity to reach more is also an opportunity to develop regulars who can make the community grow exponentially.

www.facebook.com/PhiRob87
Hey Hey
QUOTE(Phi @ Aug 09, 2010, 12:45 AM) *
www.facebook.com/PhiRob87
That's a perfect example of why FB integration is a bad idea. Who would want you here! wink.gif
lokum
I'm not sure if I'm for or against this. Whenever brainmeta has been the topic of my thoughts however, it's always been something like a hidden jem online.

It might end up tainted, or given breath for life anew.

(Not that there's anything wrong with how it is now ... )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am