Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Poll to Ban X
BrainMeta.com Forum > A Little Humor > Realm of the Ridiculous
Rick
Should X be banned from BrainMeta?
Hey Hey
Temporary or permanent exclusion?
Rick
Didn't know there was a temporary option. Has it ever been used?
Hey Hey
QUOTE(Rick @ Feb 16, 2010, 12:52 AM) *

Didn't know there was a temporary option. Has it ever been used?
A person could use an alternative name and a different IP address (my own IP address, as many are, is dynamic and if I switch off my modem it is reset at a different address), so banning is a problem anyway. But banning in the case of X, is banning the IP address and member name. These can be lifted quite easily.
Trip like I do
if x continues to be this guy then I will vote yes yet again

Hey Hey
I used to eat Spam for breakfast when camping. Nasty then, nasty now. Off with its head! (Then it definitely won't come back!)
Trip like I do
how do you make polls rick.... I could not figure it out when I initiated the 'poll to ban enki and his endless spam' thread!
Trip like I do
I'm guessing that you need to be a moderator here or something.... of which, I am thankfully not!
maximus242
I believe you do it when you are making the topic trip. It can only be done when starting a new topic, I think theres an option to do it.

Try it out in one of the test forums or realm of rediculous, just start a new topic and look for it, should be there.
Trip like I do
.... for the life of me I had never seen that option there before!
maximus242
lol hidden in plain sight
Trip like I do
as to the qustion posed in the poll title.... how is banning a two edged sword rick?
Rick
Judge not lest ye be judged...
Trip like I do
.... meaning what exactly, besides the obvious? In open and transparent language if you could please!
maximus242
Meaning dont ban people unless you are ready to be banned yourself
Trip like I do
The my son.... is not overly concerning to me! Are you or rick worried about being banned for some reason or another.... or, are you both just speaking in genaral? I doubt code, hey hey, and lucid, lol, are worried about being banned!
Rick
What might I say that might get me banned? Certainly not a casual insult here or there. Or not? Maybe something unintentional?
Trip like I do
no, I think that is a given here at bm and is tolerable.... I believe excessive spamming of an honest and open exchange of ideas or points of view over numerous threads is where I believe the line has been drawn, as history here has shown (i.e. rtb, lm and enki that I know of)
maximus242
lol nope im not worried, you asked what do not judge unless ye is prepared to judge means and I answered.

Basically it means dont judge others unless you are prepared to be judged by the same standards you set for others.
code buttons
QUOTE(Trip like I do @ Feb 16, 2010, 05:46 PM) *

no, I think that is a given here at bm and is tolerable.... I believe excessive spamming of an honest and open exchange of ideas or points of view over numerous threads is where I believe the line has been drawn, as history here has shown (i.e. rtb, lm and enki that I know of)

It all comes down to abnoxiousness when you think about it...
http://brainmeta.com/forum/index.php?act=S...sult_type=posts
Trip like I do
QUOTE(maximus242 @ Feb 16, 2010, 10:02 PM) *

Basically it means dont judge others unless you are prepared to be judged by the same standards you set for others.

.... of course, and on that I think we would all agree! Being constantly judged by others is what aides us as individuals grow and understand within our phenomenological experiences.
Trip like I do
QUOTE(Enki Enki @ Feb 16, 2010, 11:17 PM) *

Dear Friends,

Please help me to persuade Lucid_dream to unblock my original account, I am writing here since 2004.
I expressed my excuses to Code Buttons, I am really very sorry.

Thank you Rick and Maximus for your support.

Mr. Spencer thank you for your support.

Concerning Hey Hey, please read the Declaration of Independence. tongue.gif Though I should admit that I was greatly missing Hey Hey when he left Brain Meta for a while.

Concerning 'Trip Like I Do', he is a good guy (sometimes tongue.gif ), I several times said that I love his art and that he has very captivating sense of colors; I do assume that he arrived to some very interesting understanding of something and got some true insight of some chain of events (generally man of Art are not restricted in imagination and it looks like he could imagine the unimaginable, my respects Trip), got greatly surprised of those tremendous discoveries and yielded interesting reaction onto those tremendous discoveries. And now, so exuberantly demanding to keep my original account blocked he just runs from those things which he ventured to understand.

Regards to all,
Enki

"cup of tea? (it is not spam?)

.... no, but this one is! Why the need to put in two separate threads?

.... and I don't like tea, nor have I ever, nor will I ever.... is is soured to my taste buds!

please god, let us be done with this once and for all.... enough damage has been done! Shall it continue? And contrary to cb's irrational beliefs.... if it does, I will be gone as well as .... well, we shall see! Let us not forget that this user was banned for a reason.... and yet here he is taunting us STILL! I seriously cannot partake in anything this user has to offer.... at all, contrary to it's delusional beliefs that I was ever otherwise!
Hey Hey
QUOTE(Enki Enki @ Feb 17, 2010, 08:33 AM) *

Cup of tea? (it is not a spam)
Whether you like it or not, you are banned. That is Shawn's decision and privilege. He is very aware of the content of your posts (historically and recent), PM's and emails and that is why he has made his decision. Knowing you are banned you insist on keep posting on the forum under a different name and with a different IP address(es). Thus, you are obviously a troublemaker, evidently a spammer and obsessed with demonstrating yourself as a fool. I believe that you have succeeded with the latter.

Hints such as, "You are banned!" not being enough, mechanisms are being sought to disable your facility to post here in any capacity. In the meantime, persisting in posting merely increases your chances of being ridiculed and will associate the user name Enki with such a background if you use it to join other internet forums and the members search out your history.
Rick
QUOTE(maximus242 @ Feb 16, 2010, 07:02 PM) *

I think the original biblical warning was meant to go deeper than that. One can not know the standards by which an all-powerful god would judge a mortal.
maximus242
Yes quite a good point rick
Trip like I do
QUOTE(Rick @ Feb 17, 2010, 02:31 PM) *

I think the original biblical warning was meant to go deeper than that. One can not know the standards by which an all-powerful god would judge a mortal.

bah.... what you are religious all of a sudden, lol

god.... who's that rick?
Hey Hey
QUOTE(Trip like I do @ Feb 17, 2010, 09:47 PM) *

QUOTE(Rick @ Feb 17, 2010, 02:31 PM) *

bah.... what you are religious all of a sudden, lol

god.... who's that rick?
Rick's closer to that great physics laboratory in the sky than you, so maybe he's hedging his bets?
Rick
You don't have to be religious to explain religion, just as you don't have to be nuts to be a psychiatrist.
Hey Hey
QUOTE(Rick @ Feb 18, 2010, 12:16 AM) *
just as you don't be nuts to be a psychiatrist.
You sure about that?
Rick
Not completely.
Hey Hey
Hey, how did some words go missing from your quote?
Rick
Smoke and mirrors.
maximus242
Rick is a master illusionist who has this secret tool called the mystical "Edt" button. Some speculate that the "Edt" button can change posts after you've posted them... and even... smiley faces
Hey Hey
Shouldn't change the words in a quote though even if the original post is changed. Try it. Rick surely has super powers, maybe even god-like. Maybe he is g.... No I daren't say it!
maximus242
Seems only mystical rick knows the answer to that one... do not look behind the curtain
Hey Hey
QUOTE(maximus242 @ Feb 19, 2010, 06:53 PM) *

Seems only mystical rick knows the answer to that one... do not look behind the curtain
I wouldn't dare, cos there's someone else lurking there too. Purrrr ....
explorerultra
Btw Gentlemen will you venture to support my "Return of the Lord campaign", I mean Mr. X return campaign?
Hey Hey
Can a moderator on this topic please delete Enki's post. He is BANNED after all. Else this forum is just going to fill up with trash again.
explorerultra
QUOTE(Hey%20Hey @ Feb 21, 2010, 01:34 AM) *

Can a moderator on this topic please delete Enki's post. He is BANNED after all. Else this forum is just going to fill up with trash again.

I just read some posts of Mr. Enki and became his fun, that is why I begged you all for his return.
Hey Hey
QUOTE(Hey Hey @ Feb 20, 2010, 05:34 PM) *

maximus242
QUOTE(explorerultra @ Feb 20, 2010, 10:50 AM) *

QUOTE(Hey%20Hey @ Feb 21, 2010, 01:34 AM) *

I just read some posts of Mr. Enki and became his fun, that is why I begged you all for his return.

You are Enki
Rick
I don't think so. Don't let paranoia go unexamined.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am