Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unwanted Subscription Emails for Topics
BrainMeta.com Forum > Feedback, Announcements & FAQ > Feedback & Suggestions
Hey Hey
Has anyone else been receiving unwanted subscription emails recently? I keep receiving emails saying that there is a new post in various boards and topics that I visit on BM, even though I have made sure that I have unticked various boxes in my control panel. I don't understand why this started happening anyway, but it is a real pain, especially as I receive duplicate emails on my PDA.
GodConsciousness
HH- BM has been moved to a new server and since the migration the automatic topic reply notifications have started working. You should be able to disable them, however, in your control panel, but it may only apply to any new topics you reply to.
lucid_dream
that's funny! I've been so accustomed to BM not having a functional email server that I'd not taken into account what would happen if suddenly one became available (which is the case after the recent server migration). If this is a problem, and if there are issues disabling these notifications in the control panel, post about it here or somehow let me know. In the worst case scenario, I can always point the address for the email server to a nonexistent one, but that will disable all brainmeta emails, including emailing you a forgotten password. So I'd prefer not to do this, if possible.
GodConsciousness
I personally like the email notifications
Hey Hey
Can't turn them off! Each time I view a topic, form then on I receive email notifications. This can be very many each day - too many to handle. I keep going back to notifications to stop them, then when I view a topic again, the emails start again. Bugger! How do I stop this? As I stated above, I receive duplicates as my phone has emails pushed to it. So double the problem.

(Note, the checkbox to enable email notifications at the bottom of this window is NOT ticked, but I bet that I receive notification of any replies to this post as before - something is not set up correctly, surely).
GodConsciousness
Shawn is on his way to Germany (should be there about now) and this can be addressed when he settles in. You could block BM in your email client as one solution, but I hope we can figure out exactly why in your particular case you are still receiving email notifications even when the appropriate boxes are unticked.
Lindsay
QUOTE(lucid_dream @ Jul 07, 2009, 02:28 PM) *
that's funny! ...
Yah, L_D! Recently I erased my old picture of my wife and I, as an avatar, and tried, without success to replace it with the more recent picture--the one (jpg) which I use at
http://www.wondercafe.ca/blogs/revlindsayk...h-it-must-study
Then I get an error telling me that I do not have access to this functions. Any suggestions?
Lindsay
Just checking to see if this works:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=-3&i...73&l=ebcae3bf23
Hey Hey
QUOTE(Hey Hey @ Jul 09, 2009, 06:46 PM) *
(Note, the checkbox to enable email notifications at the bottom of this window is NOT ticked, but I bet that I receive notification of any replies to this post as before - something is not set up correctly, surely).
Hey, no I didn't!

But I still keep getting emails about the 'telepathy' topic. Go on, say something funny biggrin.gif
GodConsciousness
Sounds like its working now except for the fact that you are tapping into all our minds
Hey Hey
QUOTE(GodConsciousness @ Jul 13, 2009, 03:21 PM) *

Sounds like its working now except for the fact that you are tapping into all our minds
I knew that you were going to say that! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am