Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: personalizing for BM members
BrainMeta.com Forum > Feedback, Announcements & FAQ > Feedback & Suggestions
Trip like I do
I would like to be able to change the colour of my Brainmeta experience from the current blue configuration to an olive/army green configuration. Is this possible? If not, can it be made possible?

Thanks.
lucid_dream
i'll look into this
lucid_dream
ok, as a test, you can change your skin in the upper left, beneath the BM logo, using the drop down menu. There aren't too many skins now but more can easily be added.
Trip like I do
ahhh.... that might work. But when ever I click on any of them nothing happens with the screen remaining the same.
Hey Hey
Stemetil has kicked in so I've been able to come back and reapply default.
lucid_dream
the code for these skins uses javascript, so this must be enabled in your browser (and it should be on by default) in order to change skins. If you still can't change skins, please post what browser you're using.
trojan_libido
Javas enabled, I'm using IE7, still no skin update. Should the cboBox at the top of the page not stay on the current skin? Maybe the fact it isnt is a hint to the issue.
lucid_dream
ah, cross-browser issues... It works in FF and Chrome, but not in IE and Opera. Will try to fix it soon.
Trip like I do
yeah, I'm not too sure what you are talking about with regards to browsers. I'm not that big into computers.... I have a laptop!
Hey Hey
They work fine in Mac OS10.5.5 ... Click to view attachment
GodConsciousness
Love the new skins!
Hey Hey
Hey, what about a Christmas theme?! Sparkling lights and reindeers? The more brain dead the better. It's Christmas (nearly) and there's something to celebrate, isn't there? .... I'm sure there must be something ... wub.gif wacko.gif
Trip like I do
QUOTE(lucid_dream @ Dec 12, 2008, 06:35 AM) *

the code for these skins uses javascript, so this must be enabled in your browser (and it should be on by default) in order to change skins. If you still can't change skins, please post what browser you're using.
how can a person check which browser one is using?
Hey Hey
QUOTE(Trip like I do @ Dec 12, 2008, 10:26 PM) *

It is the program that you are using to view this page, the one you open to surf the internet. For example, Internet Explorer or Firefox (or even Safari).
GodConsciousness
I'm using Google Chrome and the skins seem to be working fine. They take a little time to load, but otherwise work well.

I like the reindeer idea Hey Hey.
Hey Hey
QUOTE(GodConsciousness @ Dec 12, 2008, 11:02 PM) *

I'm using Google Chrome and the skins seem to be working fine. They take a little time to load, but otherwise work well.

It's a shame they smell so bad. But then, so do foxes, and they also are beautiful animals.
Hey Hey
QUOTE(Hey Hey @ Dec 12, 2008, 11:13 PM) *

QUOTE(GodConsciousness @ Dec 12, 2008, 11:02 PM) *

It's a shame they smell so bad. But then, so do foxes, and they also are beautiful animals.
But we don't have to use real ones, of course ... blink.gif wacko.gif biggrin.gif
Hey Hey
Hey Trip, when (literally when) do you paint? Years ago I used to do oils and I couldn't stop until they were complete. It wore me out, so I had to stop. I sold all I did (to pay the rent and eat as a student) so I have not even one to view or show. I used to copy album covers (Tales From Topographic Oceans was a favourite of buyers). When I was commissioned large ones I used to get near to a nervous breakdown. Lack of sleep I suppose. And that's not changed much! ... A couple of years ago my wife bought be a pack of oils (I still have some ancient ones - don't tell her) and an easel, but I daren't start again. I do love oils.
Trip like I do
QUOTE(Hey Hey @ Dec 12, 2008, 05:57 PM) *

QUOTE(Trip like I do @ Dec 12, 2008, 10:26 PM) *

It is the program that you are using to view this page, the one you open to surf the internet. For example, Internet Explorer or Firefox (or even Safari).

I guess it must be Internet Explorer, which is one of the ones that are not working!
Trip like I do
QUOTE(Hey Hey @ Dec 12, 2008, 06:21 PM) *

Hey Trip, when (literally when) do you paint? Years ago I used to do oils and I couldn't stop until they were complete. It wore me out, so I had to stop. I sold all I did (to pay the rent and eat as a student) so I have not even one to view or show. I used to copy album covers (Tales From Topographic Oceans was a favourite of buyers). When I was commissioned large ones I used to get near to a nervous breakdown. Lack of sleep I suppose. And that's not changed much! ... A couple of years ago my wife bought be a pack of oils (I still have some ancient ones - don't tell her) and an easel, but I daren't start again. I do love oils.

.... actually, I just came back into my flat from cutting some wood on my table saw for stretcher frames. I will probably build them tonight and stretch the canvas tomorrow at some point.

I started out working with oils but had found that they were just too toxic for my brain to take, as well as, being too messy and taking too long too dry, so I have since switched to mainly acrylics.
Trip like I do
I just realized that I had a Mozilla Firefox icon on my desktop so I opened it, came to BM and tried the skins and they do work for me here! I still believe that you should add some simple colour options. I would just like to have shades of olive/army green!
Trip like I do
.... is anybody else able to use the skins function! I no longer am able to witch from one skin to another.... in fact, none of them work at all! I am using flock, and it did work on here but then suddenly, and for no apparent reason, stopped working on here!! Ideas or suggestions?
Trip like I do
actually, I am using safari on a mac and I just tried firefox and still they do not work
GodConsciousness
I am having trouble using the skins as well.
lucid_dream
very strange. Do you know exactly what day it stopped working?
GodConsciousness
It must be fairly recent bc I was changing skins a week or two ago.
Trip like I do
actually for me it occurred a couple of months ago at least.... if it is working properly for others then it must be m laptop
lucid_dream
i will look into the matter at some point. This may be related to the forum registration issue. I am very busy now though, so it may take a few weeks for these things to be fixed.
Trip like I do
QUOTE(lucid_dream @ Feb 25, 2011, 04:28 AM) *

i will look into the matter at some point. This may be related to the forum registration issue. I am very busy now though, so it may take a few weeks for these things to be fixed.

hi lucid.... any luck on this? I still am not able to change skins from the default skin. Does any body have this problem? Any ideas on why mine won't work if others are able to use this forum option?
Trip like I do
QUOTE(lucid_dream @ Dec 12, 2008, 01:08 AM) *

ok, as a test, you can change your skin in the upper left, beneath the BM logo, using the drop down menu. There aren't too many skins now but more can easily be added.

is it still possible to easily add more.... I find the standard skin so uninteresting
Trip like I do
QUOTE(Trip like I do @ Feb 07, 2012, 12:08 AM) *

QUOTE(lucid_dream @ Dec 12, 2008, 01:08 AM) *

is it still possible to easily add more.... I find the standard skin so uninteresting

still waiting for a response.... none are working!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am