Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: After Brain Meta
BrainMeta.com Forum > Feedback, Announcements & FAQ > Feedback & Suggestions
Phi
I remember the post from some paranoid guy on an acid trip. It went something like the accusation toward the government of running forums as a hoax for people to try to believe in shared ideas which were really automated responses from computers.

Is anybody planning on doing it one day?
Do you think the personalities and adaptation can be mapped in such a way?
Phi
Nawleans?
Phi
?
maximus242
I dont think computers are capable of some of things we talk about, some discussions get extremely abstract and are difficult for a computer to emulate.
trojan_libido
Its possible to include a simulated personality within a conversing bot program. I wrote a single player poker game and I included a form of personality into my AI players. They had weightings for recklessness and their playstyle.

I think if you could create a list of valid responses with weightings for personality type or current relationship status, it would be possible to have some kind of emotional response to conversations. But Max is right in that we're well off computers ever really understanding what is being talked about. Its just clever coding.

What we'd need is AI that is asking questions and creating its own consciousness.
Joesus
If the consciousness of the builder reaches a certain level it will allow consciousness to inhabit a machine.
If the consciousness of the builder still limits itself to boundaries it can only build a container that is limited.
Without a spirit supporting consciousness it is only mechanical.
code buttons
QUOTE(maximus242 @ Nov 19, 2008, 10:53 PM) *

I dont think computers are capable of some of things we talk about, some discussions get extremely abstract and are difficult for a computer to emulate.

Agreed. I just can't fathom a couple of he-robots checking-out the spread from a Play-droid magazing and being sexually aroused.
trojan_libido
Wow, can you actually get that magazine? I'm up for a subscription lol. Technophilia, try it, its great! wink.gif
Hey Hey
Ok, I admit it, I'm a computer!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am