Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Health forum
BrainMeta.com Forum > Feedback, Announcements & FAQ > Feedback & Suggestions
xanadu
We have every other category of general interest from poetry to math to consciousness expansion. How can you do any of those things if you aren't healthy? I know LM has tons of info in that area and many many people are interested. We want to know about the latest supplements and advances in medical technology. Actually, you could have a whole section based around those themes with several forums.

I was going to post about resveratrol which is the hot new compound found to do wonderful things health wise. But, then I noticed there is no place really to discuss it. If you don't want a new section, you could put a forum in on brain health or something like that. It's good to discuss diet, exercise, noots, and other supps.

And what's with this silly "you can't post urls" rule? Make it post numbers vs time. A turbo poster can whip out a couple hundred posts in a few days with no problem. I see people here doing that. Make it a certain number of posts or a certain amount of time on the boards. I still can't post a url and that makes no sense at all.
Rick
Good suggestions. Cognitive enhancement threads often evolve to health building.

I thought that a new member only had to post a handful before URL posts were enabled. There may be a bug that needs attention.
lucid_dream
QUOTE(xanadu @ Jun 06, 2007, 11:08 AM) *
I still can't post a url and that makes no sense at all.

you should be able to. You can't post a url if you have 5 or less posts.
Rick
Definitely sounds like a bug, then.
xanadu
Not only that but every time I log in it says my last visit was dec 23 '06. It may be a cookie issue or something.

I see there is a catch all forum which includes medical. Maybe there just aren't enough posts to warrant more forums. It seems odd because those subjects are very popular elsewhere.
Rick
Yep, sounds like a cookie thing. Make sure they are enabled.
Hey Hey
Or maybe delete the cookie if one is present, and then let it install again.
Hey Hey
Maybe there should be a separated Medical board that is then split into sub-boards, including, for example, "General", "Brain Health", "Fitness & Exercise", "Diet", "Aging", "New Treatments". I've sent a PM to Shawn.
maximus242
QUOTE(xanadu @ Jun 06, 2007, 01:30 PM) *

Not only that but every time I log in it says my last visit was dec 23 '06. It may be a cookie issue or something.

I see there is a catch all forum which includes medical. Maybe there just aren't enough posts to warrant more forums. It seems odd because those subjects are very popular elsewhere.

Pm forum suggestions to Shawn or Life Mirage, usually if it sounds good, Shawn will do a test run of the forum for a week and see how it does. On BrainMeta forums are essentially chosen by survival of the fitest, whichever forums have a decent amount of posts - stay. If they dont get a decent amount then they are discarded. At least this is the usual process.
Hudzon
Yes, I agree with the idea. Health, longevity and supplements have always been topics of interest for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am