Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: change email
BrainMeta.com Forum > Feedback, Announcements & FAQ > Feedback & Suggestions
xanadu
This is probably the wrong section but I see no better spot for it. How do I change my email address for announcements etc? I've gone over my control panel but can find no place to do this. I used a new email when I registered here and have lost it. I'm sure it's closed now because I never visited it.
rhymer
Just click on 'My Controls' (under search up at the top of screen).
Then click on 'change email settings' (next to bottom of list).
xanadu
I can't do it because I forgot my password. My computer automatically logs me in but I don't have the password here and do not have the password at the email I registered or can't login there anyway. Now what do I do? Soon as my computer forgets the password here, which it will, then I'm out. I can't get a new email registered without the password. I can't get a new password without access to the email. It's a vicious circle.
lucid_dream
emails don't matter because there is no email server currently setup at brainmeta, so you won't receive email notifications even if you correct your email address.
xanadu
Let me start over. I do not have my password and I want to create a new one. I also do not have a password to the email I used to register. How do I get a new password? All the system will do is mail it to my email. To change my email, I have to enter my password, which I don't have.
Xanadu1
Well, yesterday the computer forgot the login and I was not able to log on. When I was an admin at another site I was able to change the password for people once they had convinced me of whom they were and could mail them the new password. Will someone do that for me? Send it to me here by PM or email or go to imminst and give it to me there. I think it has been fairly well established that the imminst xanadu and the one on this board are the same. Thanks in advance.
xanadu
QUOTE(Xanadu1 @ Dec 23, 2006, 01:25 PM) *

Well, yesterday the computer forgot the login and I was not able to log on. When I was an admin at another site I was able to change the password for people once they had convinced me of whom they were and could mail them the new password. Will someone do that for me? Send it to me here by PM or email or go to imminst and give it to me there. I think it has been fairly well established that the imminst xanadu and the one on this board are the same. Thanks in advance.

Xanadu, I can log in just fine. Try it again. Did you receive my email about the password change to the xanadu account? Check you PM for Xanadu1 if you did not.
-Shawn
xanadu
Thanks, Shawn. Problem solved
Hey Hey
QUOTE(xanadu @ Dec 23, 2006, 10:03 PM) *
Xanadu, I can log in just fine. Try it again. Did you receive my email about the password change to the xanadu account? Check you PM for Xanadu1 if you did not.
-Shawn
If Shawn is God, then he must know Santa Claus. Please can I have an Intel Mac?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am