Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some questions
BrainMeta.com Forum > Feedback, Announcements & FAQ > Feedback & Suggestions
emptybowl
Why do moderators have God under thier names?
It's a bit misleading don't you think? If not misleading than certainly excessive, I think.
Or do you think you're God?
Maybe you should change it to Godlike and ease off the ego a bit.
Just a suggestion.

Could you change mine to "Dark Schneider" if its not asking too much?(lol)

I guess it could be seen as a kind of joke. That was my first impression of it. Of corse we all see things differently right?

There's only one God right?
lucid_dream
the 'God' title is based on exceeding a certain number of posts (I think it's 500) and is not limited to moderators.
emptybowl
Ok, so I just post 500 blogs and salvation is mine!(lol)

Oh yeah that's right! What's this mind-brain.org thing all about?
This site used to be Mind-brain.com diddn't it?
So what's that all about?
Flex
QUOTE(lucid_dream @ Nov 21, 2006, 06:14 PM) *

the 'God' title is based on exceeding a certain number of posts (I think it's 500) and is not limited to moderators.

I like the whole God thing~ to me Lucid_dream, Rick, Maximus etc. should be considered Gods for both their knowledge and wisdom.
emptybowl
I like the whole God thing~ to me Lucid_dream, Rick, Maximus etc. should be considered Gods for both their knowledge and wisdom.
[/quote]

Yeah but that's gods not Gods.
The universal God has no name.
And there can be only ONE.
lucid_dream
QUOTE(emptybowl @ Nov 21, 2006, 06:18 PM) *
This site used to be Mind-brain.com diddn't it?
So what's that all about?

http://brainmeta.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8856

Flex
[quote name='emptybowl' date='Nov 21, 2006, 06:27 PM' post='71986']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Assuming that you are a monotheist~ I personally beilieve that each individual is their own higher power. In this case I could say that I am God, or that you are God--technically we would all be gods, according to the MLA but I personally think everyone over at the MLA is in one way or another an idiot. Whos dumb ass idea was it to have rules for writing that change over time? If you look at any of the great authors, they do not abide by the typical rules (for their given time) but rather create their own writing styles unique to them. It is my personal choice to state that they should be considered Gods and it is thus not grammatically incorrect, but a stylistic approach to writing.
Hey Hey
QUOTE(emptybowl @ Nov 22, 2006, 02:12 AM) *

Wrong.
Rick
That's the fundamental question of theology: how many gods are there?

Those who answer zero are atheists. Those who answer one are monotheists. Those who answer more than one are polytheists. I like to see what happens if we let the number increase to infinity. Then it's the same as zero, I think. That is, with an infinite number of gods, each individual one of them loses meaning, so it's the same as having no gods.

If a theologist were to require that to be a god one had to be supernatural, then there are no gods. All (everything) that exists is nature.
Flex
QUOTE(Rick @ Nov 22, 2006, 12:45 PM) *

That's the fundamental question of theology: how many gods are there?

Those who answer zero are atheists. Those who answer one are monotheists. Those who answer more than one are polytheists. I like to see what happens if we let the number increase to infinity. Then it's the same as zero, I think. That is, with an infinite number of gods, each individual one of them loses meaning, so it's the same as having no gods.

If a theologist were to require that to be a god one had to be supernatural, then there are no gods. All (everything) that exists is nature.

Now that is just not true Rick...If you devoute absolute blind faith into something that can't be seen or proven, and works in "mysterious" ways that no man could possibly comprehend, it is self evident that a supernatural being exists (or so I am told by the church who I devote absolute blind faith) smile.gif God is beyond nature Rick come on get with the program~
Rick
Having a supernatural power outside of nature kind of short circuits science and technology, doesn't it? Why bother learning to do stuff if all you have to really do is pray hard enough?
maximus242
Prehaps what we are looking at is an aspect of human nature that science has not yet realized? It has been proven that the human brain is effected by magnetic waves directly, we could very well have a sixth sense. Hell why stop at six, we could have many that are simply only on a sub-conscious level.

So what is supernatural may actually be a natural occurance - that science simply hasnt come to realization of yet. This seems far more probable, wouldnt you say?

Instead of seperating religion and science, we should look to religion for insperation and to science for validation.

Granted im not religious, but I will not close my mind either - for it is when you are unable to look at new ideas, that you philosophically die.
Flex
QUOTE(maximus242 @ Nov 22, 2006, 05:52 PM) *

Prehaps what we are looking at is an aspect of human nature that science has not yet realized? It has been proven that the human brain is effected by magnetic waves directly, we could very well have a sixth sense. Hell why stop at six, we could have many that are simply only on a sub-conscious level.

So what is supernatural may actually be a natural occurance - that science simply hasnt come to realization of yet. This seems far more probable, wouldnt you say?

Instead of seperating religion and science, we should look to religion for insperation and to science for validation.

Granted im not religious, but I will not close my mind either - for it is when you are unable to look at new ideas, that you philosophically die.

Well as far is I can see the goal of christianity is to make the individual die philisophically. And as far as additional senses go, I would love to be able to sense radiaton...
Culture
[quote name='emptybowl' date='Nov 21, 2006, 06:27 PM' post='71986']
[/quote]

[/quote]

ONE dogmatic god as touted in the west yes. <christians>
maximus242
Indeed, I like openmindedness, I refuse to be stuck in a set dogmatic practicum. Rather I allow my ideology to evolve over time, dynamically. Besides, the individual decides whats real and whats not, for all of reality is perception anyways. Have fun tongue.gif

I had a friend once who believed he was a god, not so much literatly but figurativly, he liked to be godlike. In his words "I am your God" on BrainMeta the seniors (as I call them) or people with 500 posts or more, really are godlike. You have left the reality you once knew and entered into the twilight zone... BrainMeta! therefore since this is a alternate reality, you can have diffrent gods too. Shawn Mikula is the Zeus of BrainMeta and we are the lesser gods per say, haha.

Anyways thats how I like to think of it, we may not be gods in the reality as you know it, but when you step into BrainMeta, become gods of the forum?
Flex
You are a god in my book~ I'm off to go rock the turkey and blame my falling asleep on the miniscule amounts of tryptophan. Who came up with the whole turkey sleepy thing anyways? I hope you all have a great day!

ps. If I ever get to "God" status on here I kindly request that it be changed to "Nuisance" I am not deserving of such a title.
Enki
QUOTE(emptybowl @ Nov 21, 2006, 06:12 PM) *

Why do moderators have God under thier names?
It's a bit misleading don't you think? If not misleading than certainly excessive, I think.
Or do you think you're God?
Maybe you should change it to Godlike and ease off the ego a bit.
Just a suggestion.

Could you change mine to "Dark Schneider" if its not asking too much?(lol)

I guess it could be seen as a kind of joke. That was my first impression of it. Of corse we all see things differently right?

Such questions force to break silence indeed.

Eeee, you know, the matter is that eeee … I guesssss eeee …. how to say that … well ….OK … it is a complex question, it is a matter of debate from the beginning of the times.

If to be correct it is right to say that there are people who consider themselves Ardent Servants of an Intellectual Being who is considered by them to be Almighty, Omnipotent, Omnipresent Creator of Everything. These people have acquired their knowledge about the existence of that Being and his status in the Universe from books written by some other people who claim that those books have been written under inspiration of that Being. Those people and their followers for centuries claim that that Being is the only being having right to claim the logotype God. As far as we know from the history of mankind the mentioned Ardent Servants, who as it looks like from their words, in true, do not possess reliable means of direct communication with that Being (I mean they cannot keep with him a stable communication line in a way of questions and answers) and acquire their knowledge about that Being from Inspired persons in an irregular way - from time to time, have shed a lot of innocent human blood on this planet to persuade others in the truthfulness of their claims.

As a user Enki of this forum who has more than 500 posts on this forum I have to assure you that I am alive real being living among men.

If you fear that someone viewing this forum eventually will come to an idea that among those who have more than 500 posts on this forum in true there is the God or are some Gods, then I have to recommend to you to ask the God you believe in to answer on your questions. If He/She responds to you and answers on your questions then please come to this forum again and tell us what did He/She said to you about that.

E.g. you can ask him “Dear God does the user Enki who has more than 500 posts on Brainmeta.com is a Devine being?” I will highly appreciate if you share here on this forum His/Her answer on this question.

If He chooses not to answer on your questions then will you be so kind, in future, not to ask to us on this forum such questions anymore.

Thank you in advance,
Yours Enki
24 November 2006 AD.
emptybowl
I guess I'm in way over my head with that question. I'l just have to wait for my head to catch up with my ass so I can talk without reaking of the shit I was born into and for some sick reason can't move beyond or stop repeating. To be honest, it's depressing and also I know it's my own damn fault. I'm so wrapped up in my pitiful little existence and I can't seem to do shit about it. Even when I do catch a glimps of something better-I somehow revert back to my own insanity filled with the same garbage only a bigger pile. I know enough from reading alone that I shouldn't complain, or indulge in my ego's BS, and yet all I could offer you is an indulgent complaint on an idiot idea that wasn't even mine. Sorry for my dishonesty, but I honestly don't know where I was going with that or this either. I guess I'm in a bit of a slump, I keep falling into the same damn hole. I just can't seem to get past this shallow state.

Everything beautiful I come across I manage to make ugly.
Everything good about my life falls on me in broken pieces.
Everyone I love was never even up to me
How could I hate anyone-minds lost as mine-or not?

But I'm so torn between these people-how can I love?
I can't let them go but I can't wait to leave them alone
Only to be siezed by the same neurosis in my own space
Everywhere I go I'm like an installation that doesn't belong

I should be a warrior of life in the quest for greater truth
Not an egocentric pile of waste
I should have figured this out by now
But my thick scull leaves little room for any journey

Sorry, I know it's my problem, my journey, and my bad for posting this in the wrong place. I know it sounds like a sob story but it's becoming a problem for me. I'm not looking for pity, I just need some advice or something. Because it's getting old this meandering state I can't see through. I can't talk to the people I know about this because I just don't see them understanding without judging or getteing drawn into my confusion and I don't want that. My friends and family are caught in a similar web anyways and I can't expect them to show me much more than a shrug of the shoulders or a pat on the head kind of sympathy. I thought some of you here might have been through this or would have some solid advice or even just a spark of insight. Or like some help on what I should do or steps you've taken when the problem seems to big for you to handle. If I can't think of anything else I think that withdrawing from as much social contact as posible would be best. So I can try and figure out what the hell is wrong with me that I can't even live life without being oblivious as to why or how.

With as much grace as I can muster

Carl

Enki
QUOTE(emptybowl @ Nov 23, 2006, 11:33 PM) *

I just need some advice or something.

Dear Carl,

Do not get so sad.
I want to quote for you a passage from the letter of Tomas Jefferson written to his favorite nephew Peter Carr from Paris on 10 August, 1787.

“Dear Peter, -I have received your two letters of Decemb. 30 and April 18, and am very happy to find by them, ... You will next read the new testament. It is history of a personage called Jesus. Keep in your eye the opposite pretensions 1. of those who say he was begotten by god, born of a virgin, suspended and reversed the laws of nature at will, and ascended bodily into heavens: and 2. of those who say he was a man of illegitimate birth, of a benevolent heart, enthusiastic mind, who set out without pretensions to divinity, ended in believing them, and was punished capitally for sedition by being gibbeted accordingly to the Roman law which punished the first commission of that office by whipping, and the second be exile or death in furca. See this law in the Digest Lib. 48. tit. 19. “Paragraph sign”. 28.3. and Lipsius Lib.2. de cruce. cap.2. These questions are examined in the books I have mentioned under the head of religion, and several others. They will assist you in your inquiries, but keep your reason firmly on the watch in reading them all. Do not be frightened from this inquiry by any fear of it’s consequences. If it ends in a belief that there is no god, you will find incitements to virtue in the comfort and pleasantness you feel in it’s exercise, and the love of others which it will procure you. If you find reason to believe there is a god, a consciousness that you are acting under his eye, and that he approves you, will be a vast additional incitement; if that there be a future state, the hope of happy existence in that increases the appetite to deserve it; if that Jesus was also a god, you will be comforted by a belief of his aid and love. In fine, I repeat that you must lay aside all prejudice on both sides, and neither believe nor reject anything because any other persons, or description of persons have rejected or believed it. Your own reason is the only oracle given you by heaven, and you are answerable not for the rightness but uprightness of the decision. I forgot to observe when speaking of the new testament that you should read all histories of Christ, as well of those whom a council of ecclesiastics have decided for us to be Pseudo-evangelists, as those they named Evangelists. Because these Pseudo-evangelists pretended to inspiration as much as the others, and you are to judge their pretensions by your own reason, and not by the reason of those ecclesiastics. Most of these are lost. There are some however still extant, collected by Fabricus which I will endeavor to get and send you.”

You see Carl I spent some time to type this quote of the Great Democrat from the book edited by Dr. Philip S. Forner published in 1944 by Willey Book Company, New York having hope that you will “lay aside all prejudice on both sides, and neither believe nor reject anything because any other persons, or description of persons have rejected or believed it.”

Attached please find a song which I hope will boost your mood.

Hope you will solve all your problems in optimistic mood,

Bests Enki

To other gentlemen,

Interesting to know which testaments exactly our dear Tomas have sent to Mr. Peter Carr. I guess Mr. Benjamin Gates should find that parcel sent by Tomas to Peter; maybe that parcel is donated to one University in the Charlottesville? wink.gif

tongue.gif biggrin.gif
Flex
Ahh that little music clip boosted my mood biggrin.gif
emptybowl
Yes!
Thank you!
And again, Yes!
I'm sush a simpleton. Why did I even bother with all that? Jesus!
I love that song.

Thanks Enki

Thank you
Hey Hey
QUOTE(Enki @ Nov 24, 2006, 05:53 AM) *

If you fear that someone viewing this forum eventually will come to an idea that among those who have more than 500 posts on this forum in true there is the God or are some Gods, then I have to recommend to you to ask the God you believe in to answer on your questions. If He/She responds to you and answers on your questions then please come to this forum again and tell us what did He/She said to you about that.

E.g. you can ask him “Dear God does the user Enki who has more than 500 posts on Brainmeta.com is a Devine being?” I will highly appreciate if you share here on this forum His/Her answer on this question.

If He chooses not to answer on your questions then will you be so kind, in future, not to ask to us on this forum such questions anymore.

Thank you in advance,
Yours Enki
24 November 2006 AD.

Great stuff Enki! laugh.gif wub.gif
Enki
QUOTE(Hey Hey @ Dec 06, 2006, 06:57 AM) *

Great stuff Enki! laugh.gif wub.gif

Thank you.
Trip like I do
QUOTE(Enki @ Nov 24, 2006, 12:53 AM) *

As far as we know from the history of mankind the mentioned Ardent Servants, who as it looks like from their words, in true, do not possess reliable means of direct communication with that Being (I mean they cannot keep with him a stable communication line in a way of questions and answers)

What about Hermes or Moses, contemporaries who are said to have recieved their divine revelations directly from God?

Hermes is said to have had an open line of communication.... why must it always be a closed system?
Enki
QUOTE(Trip like I do @ Dec 06, 2006, 09:30 AM) *

QUOTE(Enki @ Nov 24, 2006, 12:53 AM) *

As far as we know from the history of mankind the mentioned Ardent Servants, who as it looks like from their words, in true, do not possess reliable means of direct communication with that Being (I mean they cannot keep with him a stable communication line in a way of questions and answers)

What about Hermes or Moses, contemporaries who are said to have recieved their divine revelations directly from God?

Hermes is said to have had an open line of communication.... why must it always be a closed system?

Dear Trip, those questions are quite important, well stated and sharp, but they cannot be discussed in public in the frames of such a topic as they are too complex; moreover I find it wrong to discuss them online on my behalf under the mood of this topic. If eventually one of friends of mine will venture to visit Canada, then I hope that he with great pleasure will venture to discuss that topic with you on my behalf.

While discussing such questions the Golden Mean should be preserved and one should not jump to conclusions as the matter is too complicated and extremely segmented.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am