Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Horray for Brain Meta
BrainMeta.com Forum > Feedback, Announcements & FAQ > Feedback & Suggestions
maximus242
Alright, here is where you can all put down your thanks to those who have put in so much effort to make a kick ass forum. Namely Shawn has done a incredible amount of work to create this awsome forum so I think he deserves thanks from all of us. Obviously this is not a one man effort though, the global mods definatly have done tons of contributing, and lets not forget our regular posters. So here is the people im thanking, im sure ive forgotten at least one person so I will apologize ahead of time, feel free to thank specific people or just thank lots of people haha.

THANKS SHAWN FOR SUCH AN AWSOME FORUM!!

Thanks to all the Mods for keeping brainmeta fun.

Thanks to Rhymer for the Acronym Word Game, you have great posts and we all think your awsome lol.

Thanks TripLikeIDo for your relentless quest to keep us all up to date on whats going on, and as you put it the sower of seeds. (I think you will one day rival Discovery haha)

Thanks Steven Curtis Lance for your hard work on the Poetry Section.

Thanks Lucid_Dream for your thought provoking ideas and posts also your contribution to the science and philosophy sections.

Thanks Hey Hey for an awsome job modding and well.. your just pretty cool haha, I always like reading your posts.

Thanks Rick for your intelligent and at times insightful posts, you add a unique perspective on things which is neither entirely scientific or religious, but a mix of both.

Thanks Life Mirage for the vast amount of advice and information you contribute to the all the sections about Chemistry, Biology,Medicine, Cognitive enhancers, Nootropics ect.

Thanks Lindsay for your religious insights while still keeping an open mind.

Thanks OnlyNow for the great information you provide about Meditation, Enlightenment ect.

Thanks CodeButtons for your all around useful perspective and how you contribute to the topics you post in.

Thanks Mayonaise for your ideas and posts across many sections.

Thanks Neural for your posts in neuroscience, psychology, ect. However you also do a lot of contributing in other sections as well.

Thanks Culture for the great information you give us, across a variety of subjects, I also enjoy your ideas, even if they are contradictory to mine.

Thanks Joesus for the huge amount of information and ideas about religion you give us, at times you can bring a topic back to life with your posts.

Thanks Dianah for your ideas about philosophy and your way of summing things up in a simple yet concise manner.

Thanks Dan for your insightful knowlege about meditation, religion, philosophy and so much more. Your also a funny guy at times, nanobots taking over the world haha, and I love the avatar.

Thanks Lao_Tzu although you havent been with us at brain meta for very long, I get useful information and thought provoking ideas from your posts.

Thanks to all those unnamed Guests who some of which seem to of actually been around for a while.

Alright I just know I must of forgotten someone, anyways I could honestly spend all day thanking everyone, but then I would be sore from typing lol. I dont know much about the Poetry section or those who contribute besides Steven so I guess it will be up to those guys to add their thanks to their contributors. Also I did thank a lot of people, dont feel pressured into trying to thank every last person you can think of, I put down the ones off the top of my head and its nuts to try and thank them all lol. Anyways plenty of things that can be said about plenty of people, so post away! and show your thanks to BrainMeta.
Rick
Cool. Thanks to you, Max.
code buttons
Now I see why the name: Because you are the Max, as in cool Mad Max! Thanks for kind words. soob! I feel like I found my long lost family!!!
Trip like I do
....sweet, my very first overt recognition!

....but u can never have the one without the other!

....and the others are nothing but a collection of the ones!
rhymer
Feedback is always useful whether good or bad, so many thanks Maximus.

It is good to feel appreciated, and I find that I appreciate brainmeta and all those in the community very much.

Let's all strive to keep it alive!

maximus242
Heh, I agree Rhymer we got a pretty cool little community going on and I like it that way. Even though we all have diffrent ideas about issues, its that diffrence that allows us all to grow, just imagine if we all had the same beliefs and ideas >.< now thats a scary thought lol. Anyways your all awsome tongue.gif and its the people that make BrainMeta so great biggrin.gif
LifeMirage
maximus242 it's members like you that keep us here (and on our toes).

You are most welcome.
Hey Hey
shucks (bow), thanks (blush), bend on knee (trump), can't get up (help).
Neural
thanks Maximus!
maximus242
Haha, well its no problem recognizing people who all deserve it. Hey Hey you are a damn funny guy lol, (Helps Hey Hey up).
Shawn
Thanks Maximus and everyone who replied for this cheerful thread. The names of those who have contributed here is too many to list, but we all appreciate your contributions, moderators and all. This is certainly a group effort and I'm happy to take part in and do what I can to make this forum a better place and a worthwhile meeting ground for curious and thoughtful souls. You all have my gratitude.
OnlyNow
QUOTE(Shawn @ Apr 28, 12:47 AM) *

Thanks Maximus and everyone who replied for this cheerful thread. The names of those who have contributed here is too many to list, but we all appreciate your contributions, moderators and all. This is certainly a group effort and I'm happy to take part in and do what I can to make this forum a better place and a worthwhile meeting ground for curious and thoughtful souls. You all have my gratitude.

god bless us everyone.
code buttons
QUOTE(Shawn @ Apr 27, 09:47 PM) *

You all have my gratitude.

Au contraire! Muchas Gracias for having thought this baby out! I can't help but quote one of the members' (her name is Xanaathrust or something like that) signature here: "There are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences" This amazing website could have only come out of the brains of a genious.
Hey Hey
Click to view attachment

I rest my case!
maximus242
QUOTE(code buttons @ Apr 28, 09:28 PM) *

"There are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences"

Thats from V for Vendetta by the way.

LOL, Hey Hey is that a real picture or did someone photoshop it?
Trip like I do
C'mon now, it's gotta breal.
Neural
QUOTE(maximus242 @ Apr 29, 12:10 PM) *

I think Carl Jung said something along those lines too, using the term 'synchronicity'.
rhymer
re Condo....

All she said to David was " a knicker for your thoughts".
maximus242
QUOTE(Trip like I do @ Apr 29, 03:02 PM) *

C'mon now, it's gotta breal.

lol Trip is that sarcasim I hear? lol I know its 99% chance its not real but I was sincerly hoping it was haha.
Hey Hey
QUOTE(maximus242 @ Apr 29, 08:10 PM) *

LOL, Hey Hey is that a real picture or did someone photoshop it?

Took it myself!
maximus242
lol man I so wish that was true haha
code buttons
Happy Birthday Tone! And thank you for giving us all here a small insight into the torturous path that fate chose for the vessel that carries you. You are very welcome here. And please, don't stop those posts from coming.
OnlyNow
QUOTE(code buttons @ May 02, 06:02 PM) *

Happy Birthday Tone! And thank you for giving us all here a small insight into the torturous path that fate chose for the vessel that carries you. You are very welcome here. And please, don't stop those posts from coming.

Tone, I just read your info on Abolitionism. Now THAT's what I'm talking about...Sign me up, NOW. Happy belated birthday!

Trip like I do
[quote name='maximus242' date='Apr 25, 05:30 PM' post='63167']

Thanks TripLikeIDo for your relentless quest to keep us all up to date on whats going on, and as you put it plant little seeds for us to grow. (I think you will one day rival Discovery haha)

[quote]

....I prefer the sower of seeds....and coincidentally, I literally do sort of work for 'Discovery' during the summer.

'The Sower' a vanGogh inspired piece from 1997. My black and white phase, when there were no colours in the world for me!
maximus242
heh sweet tongue.gif
Hey Hey
How come red-green colourblind people still see white?
Trip like I do
I don't know, why do they?
Trip like I do
[quote name='Trip like I do' date='May 04, 03:53 PM' post='63775']
[quote name='maximus242' date='Apr 25, 05:30 PM' post='63167']

Thanks TripLikeIDo for your relentless quest to keep us all up to date on whats going on, and as you put it plant little seeds for us to grow. (I think you will one day rival Discovery haha)

[quote]

....I prefer the sower of seeds....and coincidentally, I literally do sort of work for 'Discovery' during the summer.

'The Sower' a vanGogh inspired piece from 1997. My black and white phase, when there were no colours in the world for me!
[/quote]

What are some of the seeds that I am sowing with this piece? Anybody? There are no wrong answers!
code buttons
QUOTE(Neural @ Apr 29, 01:47 PM) *

QUOTE(maximus242 @ Apr 29, 12:10 PM) *

I think Carl Jung said something along those lines too, using the term 'synchronicity'.

You're right on the money again, Neural: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronicity What do you make of it? magical Thinking?...
Rick
QUOTE(Hey Hey @ May 05, 05:55 PM) *

Do they, or do they see a pinkish or greenish tinge they think is white? Can we ever know?
Culture
And thanks to Max. Yeah indeed I have found a place that I am in a state of constant learning. Thanks to all for engaging and challenging ideas that many accept as absolute truth.

Steve-boiling-in-Vietnam

maximus242
QUOTE(Rick @ May 08, 12:41 PM) *

Do they, or do they see a pinkish or greenish tinge they think is white? Can we ever know?

oOOoO, do we ever see color or translate the shades of black and white into color?
Trip like I do
....ask Newton! Light actually defracts into the many colours of the rainbow!
maximus242
Hey thats right o.O uh oh now im starting to trip like trip does lol
Hey Hey
surely syncronicity firms up the idea of coincidence by saying that there are potential rules (and maybe even laws) underlying, say, polyplicity of events or occurrences. so illusions of coincidence have no part part to play in syncronicity.
Hey Hey
QUOTE(Rick @ May 08, 07:41 PM) *

not one of those unfathomables again? i feel the need to know, do we know anything? how can we be in the 21st century and yet be still not able to prove we exist? i mean, cor blimey, we think we've been to the moon and yet don't know if we are actually here to appreciate it. help.......
maximus242
lol thats the thing about it, do we ever really advance or continue the illusion that things are changing and we are advancing? if change is constant then why do we constantly believe we change tongue.gif?
Trip like I do
....but then again, Newtonian paradigmatic thought has been proved wrong before! Just ask Einstein, amongst others.
OnlyNow
QUOTE(code buttons @ Apr 25, 07:33 PM) *

Now I see why the name: Because you are the Max, as in cool Mad Max! Thanks for kind words. soob! I feel like I found my long lost family!!!

Speaking of lost, I'm missing one of my favorite posters. Where are YOU?
code buttons
QUOTE(OnlyNow @ May 11, 05:45 PM) *

Speaking of lost, I'm missing one of my favorite posters. Where are YOU?

Thanks for the honor, ON! I'm humbled. I'm always here during working days(I think I got BrainMetatis as most of my internet surfing time I spend it here), from the office and from home. But I work too hard and long hours, so I don't have time for much of anything else except read the posts. I too like your posts, so don't let them stop from coming. But I don't feel the need to post so much either, as very exciting new forum members are entering the scene as of recently, have you noticed? Ludic is back also, and he keeps things moving. Max and Neural are also great contributors. And as for Joesus, well Joesus is Joesus and his contributions to the forum are also important. When times are dry I try to make an effort to be more productive. But for right now I'm just enjoying reading the posts as time is a constrain. I do miss Tone very much and I hope he is doing ok. As for Dan, I hope he comes back from his unscheduled vacation and take back his rightful place in the pantheon of Gods here. His posts are frightenly disarming (in a good way, of course).
maximus242
Haha, well said.
Lindsay
QUOTE(maximus242 @ Apr 25, 02:30 PM) *

Alright, here is where you can all put down your thanks to those who have put in so much effort to make a kick ass forum. Namely Shawn has done a incredible amount of work to create this awsome forum so I think he deserves thanks from all of us. Obviously this is not a one man effort though, the global mods definatly have done tons of contributing, and lets not forget our regular posters. So here is the people im thanking, im sure ive forgotten at least one person so I will apologize ahead of time, feel free to thank specific people or just thank lots of people haha.

THANKS SHAWN FOR SUCH AN AWSOME FORUM!!

Yes, Indeed!!!

Thanks Lindsay for your religious insights while still keeping an open mind.
However, may our minds not be so open that brains fall out. smile.gif
For some open-minded thinking, feel free to check out http://www.progressivechristianity.ca/ccpc/ccpc8points.aspx
Rick
QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jun 06, 12:17 PM) *
For some open-minded thinking, feel free to check out http://www.progressivechristianity.ca/ccpc/ccpc8points.aspx

I was disappointed to see that "combat fundamentalist bigotry" was not among your points.
maximus242
I think, after the somewhat bleak mood those at BrainMeta have been in thanks to someone.. (read: Cybert). Its the perfects time to reactivate one of BrainMetas happiest topics, I suggest reading the first post, so we can all remember how much we love this site.
code buttons
QUOTE(maximus242 @ Apr 25, 2006, 02:30 PM) *

Thanks Hey Hey...

Because you are the greatest topic starter/comptroler in this forum (you should have been a traffic comptroler instead of a scientist); for sharing your beautiful poetry and your bloody funny British humor with us. There, Max, that's what you should have said. Thanks Enki, bacause you are the criaziest scientist I've ever met (in person and otherwise). Also because, intentionally or not, most of your posts are funny as hell!!! LOL!!!

There might also be some thanks to give to maybe a couple of new board members, but I'm going to wait and see if they run out of gas before they can be called part of the BM family. My family.
maximus242
Heh, I let HeyHey give the verdict on which one he wants.

We are kind of like a family hu Buttons? Good analogy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am