BrainMeta'                 

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Realm of the Ridiculous!
Shawn
post Nov 23, 2004, 10:08 PM
Post #1

God

Group: Admin
Member No.: 9

After several months of letting the neuroscience and consciousness boards and forums go essentially unmoderated, I was surprised to find out tonight about all the nonsense threads that have accumulated. Given that the policy of this forum is to encourage postings and to be as open-minded as possible, it's also important to implement some sort of standards, and so effective immediately, any threads in the Mind and Consciousness Forum that are deemed not to meet this standard will be moved to this board, the 'Realm of the Ridiculous', instead of just being deleted outright.

If you find one of your threads on this board, do not take it too personally. It's not necessarily a 'bad thing' to have your thread moved to this board. More than likely, it means that your thread does not 'fit' on pre-existing boards in the Mind and Consciousness Forum, or that the thread, while starting off good or with good intentions, otherwise degenerated following additional posts.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dan
post Nov 24, 2004, 01:51 AM
Post #2

God

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 96

haven't seen RTB lately, so the nonsense might not accumulate so fast
+Quote Post
Rick
post Nov 24, 2004, 12:23 PM
Post #3

Supreme God

Member No.: 3068

We banned him, remember?
+Quote Post
rhymer
post Nov 24, 2004, 12:49 PM
Post #4

Supreme God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 385

I think this Board is a good idea.

We each can read the claims of others (their own posts, links, or quotes) and make our own minds up about the credibility of such claims anywhere on-site.

We now have an opportunity to have posts which seem incredible and hardly deserving of replies or comment moved here (possibly based on a minimum number of requests).

This may well limit the criticisms of people (usually started by the original posters) rather than the contents of their posts (which I believe have spoiled the normal discussive nature of some of the site Boards recently).

I refer to nobody in particular with these comments.

I am less desirous of banning people having read last week in The Daily Telegraph of the psychiatrist who was ready to discharge a patient who thought he was God. Whilst the patients' immediate problem of emptying packets of dried soup on the supermarket floor to 'release trapped souls' had been resolved by re-establishing the patients medication he still believed he was God. A temporarily resident doctor could not comprehend that such a deluded person could be set free! The psychiatrist informed the doctor that to remove the delusion (which was possible with medication) would deprive the patient of the only thing he had to live for ie., playing the role of God!
I have understanding for this situation and would prefer to accomodate people who accept what to me is obviously incredible information which I cannot accept as the Truth. However, there needs to be minimal disruption for other readers.

[perhaps you think this post has started out on the right Board!]
+Quote Post
Shawn
post Nov 24, 2004, 01:12 PM
Post #5

God

QUOTE (Rick @ Nov 24, 03:23 PM)
We banned him, remember?

he was never banned, Rick.
+Quote Post
Rick
post Nov 24, 2004, 01:30 PM
Post #6

Supreme God

RTB stated that he believed he was banned. There were 11 votes against him and the rules require 10.
+Quote Post
Shawn
post Nov 24, 2004, 03:06 PM
Post #7

God

QUOTE (Rick @ Nov 24, 04:30 PM)
RTB stated that he believed he was banned. There were 11 votes against him and the rules require 10.

I posted in the 'votes for RTB suspension' thread that at least 4 votes came from the same IP address, so he really had closer to 7 affirmative votes. In any event, I removed the 'votes for suspension' board altogether because, though it seemed like a good idea at first, it became clear after a few weeks that such a democratic mode for determining suspensions was not really effective.
+Quote Post
Trip like I do
post Nov 24, 2004, 03:12 PM
Post #8

Supreme God

Member No.: 3202

Exactly, proven as a mockery of democracy.
+Quote Post
Trip like I do
post Nov 24, 2004, 03:17 PM
Post #9

Supreme God

Out of curiosity, how many did Dan and Enki get?
+Quote Post
Shawn
post Nov 24, 2004, 03:19 PM
Post #10

God

neither got over 3 affirmative votes. I don't recall the exact numbers.
+Quote Post
Trip like I do
post Nov 24, 2004, 03:21 PM
Post #11

Supreme God

So has RTB left the site?
+Quote Post
RobertBruceBaird
post Nov 24, 2004, 03:24 PM
Post #12

Unregistered

Dear Rick

I never stated that I thought I was banned. I did vote to have myself banned permanently if I could have my threads removed from this board. I also note in this thread that Dan is having censorship performed on all but my lead-in posting (which none of you could possibly discuss intelligently) that there are hints of people making proclamations about what is ridiculous and insane. Indeed the very nature of this particular forum is just that. I of course, had not intended for the lead in post to be thought of as ridiculous and I posted it to encourage actual debate but Dan immediately saw that it was something which did not fit his world view and supported various other things of a more factual and scientific nature that I often posted. So he did his usual bully thing that Hey Hey and others here support - because they too are paradigm no minds.
+Quote Post
Rick
post Nov 24, 2004, 03:25 PM
Post #13

Supreme God

Apparently, as he said he would. He usually posted several things a day.
+Quote Post
RobertBruceBaird
post Nov 24, 2004, 03:27 PM
Post #14

Unregistered

Dear Trip

You ask.

So has RTB left the site?

And I say - pretty much so - I only return to correct any slander or other incorrect attributions to me. You can find me in many other places by putting my name into your browser if you wish.
+Quote Post
Rick
post Nov 24, 2004, 03:34 PM
Post #15

Supreme God

QUOTE (RobertBruceBaird @ Nov 24, 04:24 PM)
... which none of you could possibly discuss intelligently...

Perhaps I never succeeded, but I recall some of my attempts to give intelligent comment to some of your topics.
+Quote Post
Trip like I do
post Nov 24, 2004, 03:34 PM
Post #16

Supreme God

If you leave has Enki not done what he has set out to do with his initial post Word Matrix?
+Quote Post
Trip like I do
post Nov 24, 2004, 03:39 PM
Post #17

Supreme God

Isn't that the post-modern world we now live in where no one person has a stranglehold on the truth.

Sometimes I agree with people and sometimes I don't.

I try not to get offended when someone else's point of view does not mimic mine, and i then try to understand, rationally, what it is that is being put forth.
+Quote Post
Trip like I do
post Nov 24, 2004, 03:43 PM
Post #18

Supreme God

Does anybody here purport to know everything? No?

Only together can we garner a broader and more complete understanding the essence of our collective and singular realities.
+Quote Post
RobertBruceBaird
post Nov 24, 2004, 06:34 PM
Post #19

Unregistered

Dear Rick

Yes, you did try. And in the matter of why the initial posting on this thread has validity despite it being sensationalistic and of no meat or evidence to speak of - I think it is fair for me to say that no one here can explain how intuition works and why it is not merely a function of body language or other normative senses. This is what I was referring to (This thread).

Now I do happen to know there are people who come here who in fact could do a good job of explaining the matter but they do not express their views very often because they have been rudely treated or else they have seen others rudely treated. I did note you agreed with one of those people I invited here (Eternum1) in a political posting.

Dear Trip

I enjoyed our discussions but as you noted in a posting last week - the constant BS from all manner of liars and closed-minded people warrants that I nlonger expose my work where other parties might just be getting to know it and upon googling here get to see this kind of lynch mob mentality.
+Quote Post
RobertBruceBaird
post Nov 24, 2004, 06:45 PM
Post #20

Unregistered

BTW Trip. You should go to Yorkville and visit a great bookstore called The Omega Center. (Where they now have my book.)
+Quote Post
Trip like I do
post Nov 24, 2004, 07:22 PM
Post #21

Supreme God

Where at in yorkville?
+Quote Post
RobertBruceBaird
post Nov 24, 2004, 08:19 PM
Post #22

Unregistered

Dear Trip

It is to the east of the main area but west of Yonge St. I am sure you will love Yorkville and I hope you strike up a good rapport with the people at Omega - they and Yorkville is where you want your art to be seen. I would give them one to sell on consignment if they sell art - I am sure they sell crafts and artsy things. Cindy is the person I talked to on the phone and she was trying to tell me to do it on consignment when there was some uncertainty regarding Ingram getting the books into Canada (Yes, Canadian authors with publishers in the US have a hard time.). But Chapters-Indigo online and Omega were able to get them - after a f***ing year!
+Quote Post
knowmad
post Jun 14, 2005, 10:01 AM
Post #23

Aspiring

Member No.: 4310

RBB

i think youre awesome.
youre down with the esoteric.
ive been coming to this site for about
9months or so. ive been banned 3 times, i think.
and all posts deleted, out of spite and ignorance (mob mentality)
dont worry about these fools, they
got nothing on you, but you know that.

keep it positive.
i love you.
+Quote Post
Unknown
post Jun 14, 2005, 11:47 AM
Post #24

Unregistered

Yes,

Where oh where did our RTB go?

Keep it real Robert.

Don

P.S. Hey Robert I finally did get accepted int the Masters of Fine Arts program at York University starting in September 2005.

R n R
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 02:04 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog