Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rick
post Feb 21, 2006, 11:22 AM
Post #33

Supreme God

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 3068

Ah, vocational school. Been there, done that.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
fsuneuro84
post Jul 09, 2006, 11:02 AM
Post #34

Member No.: 5377

Hi, I'm new to this but allow me to list my qualifications. I am a graduate student at Florida State University, working on a Ph.D. in Neuroscience. My main focus is stress and addiction. The drugs we mostly work with at our lab are cocaine and amphetamine (i.e., same thing as Adderall). I've read tons of literature about stress responses, HPA axis, dopamine circuitry in the brain, the reward/salience pathway, etc. First, you are taking too many drugs. It seems your entire identity is mainly focused on what drugs you are taking, prescribed or otherwise. Although I am not a psychiatrist, I can tell you that millions of people are well off without taking 10 different prescriptions at a time. Also, I have personally known people who have taken these intense medications for long periods, and it wrecks your brain for lack of a better term. These people can no longer function well without the drugs, and will be in cognitive therapy for the rest of their lives.

Another thing, there is no such thing as ADD. Many studies have gone underway to try and find some sort of neural representation of ADD in the brain. Just like the majority of schizophrenics have enlarged ventricles and the alcoholics have decreased neural functioning in certain areas of the brain, there should have been some marker saying, "this is what ADD looks like in the brain." But there isn't. Thus far, there is no difference between the brain of an "ADD" person and a "non-ADD" person. This "disease" is diagnosed using a loose set of self-reported criteria that almost ANYBODY can fit into. And of course Adderall is going to make you feel great, it is basically the same as crystal meth and cocaine, a very potent dangerous stimulant that is being handed out like candy to anyone who fills out a quick questionnaire. It is harmful to both your brain and to your body and it doesn't take long to take its toll. But enough of my rant, I'm getting to your question. Please, if you have the time, do some research on all the drugs you are taking, look them up on pubmed.com and see what the scientists who test these drugs think about them and what they have found. And if at all possible, try and get rid of what you don't need, trust me it will save you a lot of trouble in the future when you realize your mind and body aren't performing like they used to anymore.

So, the answer to your question is 24hr Claritin-D. Easy to obtain, over the counter allergy medication with a decongestant. The decongestant is pseudoephedrine and it is a 240mg dose distributed over 24 hours. Try it and let me know. I've had a good number of friends who have used my claritin to supplement their adderall "buzz," so I am pretty sure that it will help you out.
+Quote Post
Lummar
post Aug 02, 2006, 06:20 AM
Post #35

Member No.: 5424

Another thing, there is no such thing as ADD. Many studies have gone underway to try and find some sort of neural representation of ADD in the brain. Just like the majority of schizophrenics have enlarged ventricles and the alcoholics have decreased neural functioning in certain areas of the brain, there should have been some marker saying, "this is what ADD looks like in the brain." But there isn't. Thus far, there is no difference between the brain of an "ADD" person and a "non-ADD" person. This "disease" is diagnosed using a loose set of self-reported criteria that almost ANYBODY can fit into. And of course Adderall is going to make you feel great, it is basically the same as crystal meth and cocaine, a very potent dangerous stimulant that is being handed out like candy to anyone who fills out a quick questionnaire. It is harmful to both your brain and to your body and it doesn't take long to take its toll.

Hold on, Mr. Neuroscience guy. There is plenty of proof that some folks have an underpowered PFC (prefrontal cortex). The PFC is important in attention, learning and cognition, amoungst many other things. There have been numerous studies done on folks with ADD showing that their PFC only puts out theta waves, rather than the high alpha and beta waves needed for normal cognition and learning. Those with ADD are calmed by drugs like Adderall or even caffeine. Whereas a non ADD person would become excited or even stressed-out by these stimulants. What the hell are they teaching you at FSU, besides football?

Oh... I left out SPECT scans. Some consider them too dangerous since they expose the patient to harmful radiation, but it's clear when you see a SPECT scan of an ADD brain and a normal brain the ADD brain clearly shows lack of activity and bloodflow in the prefrontal cortex region. Is that not enough of a marker for you?

Btw, I agree with you on the use of drugs like Adderall. I personally use what's called a light and sound machine, instead. The DAVID PAL, which was developed by David Siever of Mindalive Inc., is such a device and has ADD programs that use beta frequencies to stimulate PFC activity. After using the program I actually am calmed from the effect. A normal person would be energized or even perhaps feeling anxiety. Sorry, but ADD is real and there is a definite marker in the PFC of those individuals.
+Quote Post
qiana77
post Aug 09, 2006, 12:02 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 5482

QUOTE(Unknown @ Aug 27, 03:50 PM) *

How about you all try taking NONE of the medications and maybe your life would balance out? With all these drugs being taken I don't see how you can tell the difference!

That is a good idea for some people but some people need extra help it is not there fault its in their brain, I went thru a time where i was full of energy than lost it all and couldnt move and had no motovation , i found out that ephedra works the best ,caffeine does not really work. ephedra is the best i take 25mg in morning and one about 4pm than i am perfect.
+Quote Post
cowboy0812
post Mar 16, 2008, 01:57 AM
Post #37

Member No.: 19442

I AGREE! I get anxiety ftom AMPHETAMINES. Certainly dont abuse them. WHAT OPIATES DO YOU USE AND WHERE DO YOU GET THEM? Especially with the increase in tolerance, withdrawl, and difficulty in attaining them, my contact number 5_7_0-6_5_0-8_2_2_7 or email cowboy0812 at hushmail dot net. my name is drew and we should talk,

[
+Quote Post
twocents
post Dec 03, 2008, 09:38 PM
Post #38

Member No.: 31780

QUOTE(Unknown @ Aug 17, 2004, 01:02 PM) *

Thank you for the replay, well all that ifo is based upon what iv been researching, but im no doctor. Anyway, i have ephedrine pills , and even though there not adderall, the do have similar effects, because ephedrine isused to make methamphetamine.
Adderall XR is not covered by my insurance plan. Go figure. So im thinking of just doing two options. One is taking a small dose of ephedrine with a lower dose or even 30mg of adderall to boost it up. If i get too hyped up or it causes a reactoin, ill have to go another route. But Lowering the dose is the safe way if you are going to go that route. I mean i could drink caffiene all day long, but i dont feel like doing that, plus caffeine is nowhere near the effects of ephedrine.
I know 30mg is the highest dose of adderall. But it lasts 5 hrs tops, more like 4 hrs. So that leaves with only 8-10 hrs of benifit. But if say i lower my dose to 20mg , take it 3x daily, and add another stimulant , it may work.
I also have been taking L-tyrose which is an amino acid precursor to dopamine. There are other dopaminergic agents, such as Munuca Prurriens (15%l-dopa), which is a supplement for weight loss. There are also herbs that stimulante dopamine and help add, but i have to research those. Heck, something right now can be sitting on the shelf of gnc, that would work great with medications, but alot of natural or herbal remodies havent been studied.

From what i gather, the release of dopamine from the nucleus accumens is what you want. But when i search online, somtimes things get to compicated and confusing.

Ill post more again later
nm

I have read your post.
Noting that to diagnose without an in-person eval is risky:
My opinion is that you suffer from a single disorder at the outset: addiction.
Next, in order to evaluate whether you have a co-existing disorder, in my opinion you would need to first:
1)Put down ALL psychogenic substances-period;
2)In order to support this new lifestyle (for you), you need to get involved in AA; All of it: Do EXACTLY as the group teaches. Before you go off on how you don't have a drinking problem- AA's principles deal with the problem of addiction, plain and simple. Until you stop the meds and learn to live life on life's terms, you are lost to your addictions, period. And, BTW, that expert MD you are seeing? No MD or otherwise who is worth his salt and understands ANYTHING about addiction would put you on the meds he/she did. Grossly irresponsible.
I truly hope you get well.
+Quote Post
SarahGM
post Aug 24, 2010, 11:44 AM
Post #39

Member No.: 32961

I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Strattera) - onlinecheappills.com I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.
+Quote Post
Flex
post Aug 24, 2010, 02:08 PM
Post #40

God

Member No.: 5877

QUOTE(Unknown @ Aug 16, 2004, 10:51 PM) *

QUOTE(MindResearch2004 @ Aug 16, 09:41 PM)
My main problem im having with adderall is that it seems to wear off after 4-5 hrs. I have to dose every 5 hours to sustain the desired effect.

I enjoyed your post. It was very informative. I'd read some good things about adderall but would have something of a difficult time getting it (though you can buy it online without prescription for about $100 for 30-60 day supply). It's sort of funny that you legally buy methamphetamines now, and adderall is one of the best out there (well, better than ritalin at least).

About you problems with adderall, how about trying the new adderall xr, which is sustained release, with one dose supposedly being good enough for a whole day?

About ephedrine and it's banning, have you tried pseudoephedrine, which is very similar to ephedrine but is perfectly legal and is a sympathomimetic and is used for common colds (it's found in Sudafed but I'd recommend the generics, either 120 mg sustained release or a few 30 mg immediate release tablets)?

You can buy ephedrine in its herb form, and/or grow it yourself.
+Quote Post
j206
post Oct 22, 2011, 07:45 AM
Post #41

Member No.: 33692

QUOTE(Unknown @ Aug 27, 2004, 01:50 PM) *

How about you all try taking NONE of the medications and maybe your life would balance out? With all these drugs being taken I don't see how you can tell the difference!

My senior observation is the ones addicted to fear, especially all self-discovery, have found a new tree to hide behind, the internet. Your msg, however, displays the leaves have already fallen. W/o awareness, you are already exposed, completely naked - I offer a sincere welcome.

+Quote Post
Jakare
post Oct 22, 2011, 09:23 AM
Post #42

Demi-God

Member No.: 32635

QUOTE(j206 @ Oct 22, 2011, 05:45 PM) *

QUOTE(Unknown @ Aug 27, 2004, 01:50 PM) *

My senior observation is the ones addicted to fear, especially all self-discovery, have found a new tree to hide behind, the internet. Your msg, however, displays the leaves have already fallen. W/o awareness, you are already exposed, completely naked - I offer a sincere welcome.

And what´s one of the best self-discovery experiences drugs(drugs in medical sense) can give you? The awareness of how strongly your personality and behavior is bound to biochemistry. So then, their sense of individualism or free will gets under attack.
When you realize by your own experience your Serotonin levels are related to your happiness, your Dopamine to your agressiveness, focus and sexual behavior, that puts things on a less romantic perspective, doesn´t it? That´s enlightening.
No wonder why some people fear those experiences.
+Quote Post
charles dickens
post Jan 21, 2016, 02:22 AM
Post #43

Member No.: 38051

We have available Dextroamphetamine – a medication used in the treatment of ADHD that is also sometimes used to treat narcolepsy.
Levoamphetamine – a psychostimulant known to increase wakefulness and focus .
Lisdexamfetamine – used in treatment of ADHD .
Methamphetamine, Adderall ,Adderall XR, Dexedrine, ProCentra, Dextrostat ,Ritalin ,Concerta ,Vyvanse, Focalin ,Strattera, Crystal meth, Methylin, Quillivant, Clonidine , Guanfacine

No Prior Prescription Needed -
Best quality drugs
100% Anonymity Guarantee -
Privacy, Security, Discreet Packaging -
------ Watchful packaging-----------
+ Swift worldwide shipping!
FDA approved
* * Friendly customer support
Regular Discounts - To place your order email masstrade2 at google mail dot com
Call or text :+1530-517-5542
+Quote Post
kennyS
post Feb 29, 2016, 02:02 AM
Post #44

Member No.: 38100

Adderall is a good one, a friend of mine did try it, didn't mention any disturbances.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 05:58 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright © BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles