Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Various Drug combinations, Neuropharmocology of Suboxone, Adderall,
Researcher01
post Jul 07, 2004, 08:41 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 2941

Hello, im going to try my best here on explaining the psychopharmocolgy of various medications that im taking. Im currently taking 5 different medications are:
1.Suboxone (Buprenorphine and Nalaxone)
2.Adderall (Amphetamine)
3.Klonopin (Benzodiazapine)
4.Clonodine (anti-Hypertensive)
5.Remeron (Seratonin/Norepinephrine A.D)

First, Lets talk about suboxone. Im currently perscribed this medicatin for opiate withdrawls and cravings. Suboxone, which is a partial opiate agonist/antagonist, has affinity for the Mu opiate receptors. And Antagonizes Kappa receptors. Basically, this drug eliminates all opiate withdrawls, but has no "high" involved such as methadone. It also is tuted as an antidepressant in the book of Pyschotropic drugs. Preliminary data suggests this drug is good for treatment of refractory depression.

Second, is Adderall, a psychostimulant, amphetamine substance containing 4 different amphetamine salts. I am diagnosed with (ADD), maily lack of motivation and concentration. Adderall, from what i researched, releases dopamine from the nucleus accumbens in the brain, the "reward center". ALso i suspect is has norepinephrine properties. Adderall as opposed to other stimulants such as caffiene or ephedra, has less peripheral effects such as anxiety, and more psychostimulant effects, for focus, attention, modivation, ect. In my case, when i started adderall, i found i had alot more motivation, concentration, and just basically more enthusiasm in doing various tasks.

Third, is Klonopin, a Benzodiazapine. This medication has gabaenergic properties, thus helping me with my social anxiety. Also, it seems to quell any anxiety from the adderall. Both i beleive work well with eachother, imo, for instance, if i took klonopin by itself, i may become just lazy or bla feeling, and adderall is a pick me up. In retrospect, klonopin quells the anxiety that adderall may cause.

My 4th medication, clonodine, is as needed basis. From what i gather, it blocks excess norepinephrine that opiate withdrawls cause. Which is why it is perscibed for such. But i try not to mix clonodine and clonopin.

Finally, we have remeron. Remeron i believe is an excellant antidepressant, antiolytic, and sleep medication. It blocks 5ht2 seratonin receptors, which are responsible for anxiety and agression. ALso, it is a potent histamine blockade, which helps me fall asleep and get a good 8-10 hr sleep. But the drawback is the hunger it causes, mainly due to the 5ht3 receptor blockade. It seems when im on remeron, i neve get nausea. This is due to the 5ht3 receptor. Remeron also blocks norepinephrine alpha2 , but i believe that the histamine overpowers this, so the stimulant effects are not felt. But some say remeron is good because of this, thus lacking any sexual problems that arise from SSRI's.

Well, i did my best. Just to say, im no doctor, pharmacist, just a plain old person who loves to research drugs, supplements, and herbs and how they react in the body.

Natural medication i will post in another topic.

thank you
geno
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
tone
post Jul 08, 2004, 12:51 PM
Post #2

Unregistered

Opioids cause the release of dopamine in the nucleus acumbens and feel like a perfect stimulation

however adderall feels horrible, i have ADD and no motivation or focus and am major depressive. i cannot take adderall. i causes severe anxiety, over stimulation, heart racing, blood pressure rising, and is a very terrible suffering agony to take. being amphetamine i highly doubt its mechanism could be described as releasing dopamine in the nucleus acumbens. it releases dopamine EVERYWHERE and Noradrenaline everywhere too, its very broad and i dont think its selective for particularly the nucleus acumbens like an opioid is....otherwise it wouldnt feel so damn horribly over stimulating and broad

i hope you are doing well with your suboxone. i myself only respond to opioids. ive tried over 20 medications from 7 different doctors over the years. the ignorance of the doctors and the horrible medications they dont give me makes me want to commit suicide. im waiting and hoping that psychiatry reforms and treats people better so they dont have to stay indoors around the clock and suffer in miserable agony 24/7
+Quote Post
Unknown
post Jul 08, 2004, 02:25 PM
Post #3

Unregistered

QUOTE (tone @ Jul 08, 12:51 PM)
im waiting and hoping that psychiatry reforms and treats people better

Interesting post. Tone, how would you propose reforming psychiatry? I mean, if you could, how would you initiate and implement the reform?
+Quote Post
Robert the Bruce
post Jul 09, 2004, 07:53 AM
Post #4

Awakening

Member No.: 2045

Cohen documents that countries where no drugs are given to schizophrenics have a far better recovery rate. At age 50 the brain nutritional uptakes settle for about 50% of people and the once smaller brain becomes normal.

Jean Vanier and L'arche use purposeful work to help people and have great success with compassion.

A U of T study two years ago showed acupuncture alone works better than drugs and psycotherapy.

Stop teaching against the soul and start enabling people to care for each other - Illich and many others.
+Quote Post
MindResearch01
post Jul 13, 2004, 11:06 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 3000

Tone, Yes, i can agree with you. There is nothing like good ol opiate feeling. I mean when i used to do oxycontins, id clean the house, go online for hrs, workout like a champ, very happy, talkative, motivated.
But what may be occurring is that the adderall im taking, the anxiety that may come along with it, is being blocked by klonopin. I take 1mg of Klonopin with every 20mg of Adderall every 6 hrs. Any more K.P and it may totally block the effects of adderall, and make me semi, sleepy. Now the suboxone, which as you know is a partiial opiate, is most likely adding to the motivation, antidepressive state, ect, along with adderall. But dont get me wrong, i must have tried 15 different meds, different combo's and this one works the best. It also keeps my drug cravings for high potency opiates down.
I would say burenorphine can give one a buzz after a while, but in the begginning when you just stop using opiates like oxy or heroin, it basically just makes you not sick and normal. But lately, since iv been clean for a few weeks, im feeling more of a positive effect fom buprenorphine, sometimes a twinkling of a buzz.
But, currently i am researching all my meds, and what potentiates them , what not to mix with them , when and how to take them, the best way to take them, to get the most out of them. Im taking D,L Phenylalanine and Rhodiola Rhosia along with my meds, so they may be having a profound effect on the meds also.
Yes, if i just took 20mg of adderall and nothing else, i would be feeling anxiety. Because i am diagnosed with anxiety disorder, moresoe social anxiety. But i feel the most anxiety when im coming off opiates. Even buprenorphine has a pretty harsh withdrawl. I laid in bed for 4 days when i ranout of bup. and i was taking 16mg a day. It was like i was dope sick. Now I also know klonopin can have some nasty withdrawls, so i always and never try to run out of such. Adderall, yes, withdrawls would be lack of motivation, fatigue and that sort of thing, but not like opiate or benzo withdrawls.

Since we are on phychopharmocology site, im no expert and im just learning. WOW, so much great info on this site. But , i do understand the basics of the 5 neurotransmitters and what each drug effects. Yes again your correct about adderall releasing dopamine and NE. But adderall , ritalin, i beleive release dopamine from the nucleus accumbens which is your reward center, so you feel like doing things, and accomplishing tasks, and everything you do, feels mentally good if i may say. Without these meds, say just taking good ol zoloft, i would still be just laying around, mostlikely using. So i was on zoloft 100mg for 2 yrs, it kept me from being depressed, thats all. I needed more. So i tried desipramine, nada, made my top of my head tingle like very odd. Didnt try welbutrin or straterra, but i know they will not work like adderall or Ritalin. Adderall seems to work the best for me, but i never tried Dexedrine.

I also been on xanax. Basically, same feeling as klonopin, but xanax comes on faster and klonopin last longer. I read equaligenic charts that say xanax is alot more powerfull than klonopin, but in my experience, 1mg of klonopin is like .5mg of xanax.

Adderall, i started at 10mg a dose, but my toerance increased now im up to 20mg a dose. Im sorta getting toerant to that dose, so i may ask my doc next month to up it to 30mg 2x daily. My suboxone is 8mg 2x daily. Somedays i take more, some less.

But my main focus now is finding a natural substance that will potentiate Burenorphine(suboxone) a bit more than it actually does. I have insurance and they will pay for methadone, but i know the drawbacks of that. Im reading alot about the receptor bindings that bup binds to. now to figure out what would agonize such, well id have to really research. Im not looking to get stoned high out of my mind, but just a little more kick, like taking your first vicodin feeling. Never hurt anything, at that dose, and actually i did a 5 day methadone detox, and the first 2 days i felt absolutely great. I was coming off like 6 oxycontin 40mg and this stuff really took alll withdrawls away, cravings, i was talking alot, being social and creative. This is what i want me to be. Not the old me, just laying around, or doing nothing productive, watching the tube all day, etc.

Another medication i take here and there is Remeron. Its a very interesting drug. It actually is a triple Neurotransmitter efficiency shall i say for 3 different N.T. Seratonin 5ht-2 blockade, histamine blockade and norephinephrine alpha 2 blockade, but the histamine effects overpower any of the n.e. stimulation. I get a great night sleep, i get hungry. I found out that if you have nasuea or a headache, Remeron will take it away due to the 5ht3 receptor. Im pretty sure about the headache part, but def. nasuea, to hungry, then night night.

Iv tried Zoloft, Paxil, effexor( horrible results), Lexapo, desipramine, gabatril, and all had really no effect, even after a few weeks. If i had to pick one, id say zoloft. But i have my own theory on SSRI's and for many people they do nothing for social anxiety, and or anxiety, but zoloft did make me not depressed but not happy go lucky.

I have an addictive personality, but only to certain drugs. Mainly opiates, i dont drink alcohol anymore nor want to. I used ghb and extacy but grew out of that, boy mentally those drugs really mess you up.

well im going to search this site more, and will post again.

thank you
mind R
+Quote Post
Unknown
post Jul 21, 2004, 06:10 PM
Post #6

Unregistered

i just wanted to drop you a line telling you how much i enjoyed reading about your drug experiences, i to am on a considieral amount of opiates and take dexedrine 15mg. but, i don't usually have any sensations from the dexedrine capsules mainly the generic versions, the brand name are about 75% better than generic-i mean to tell you i got the first sqruipt of 5mg filled and the did nothing for me so we tried the 10mg in the brand name and it was deffinetly noticable results on the first try, after that though my mind just doesn't seem to find the right nureotransmitters in what's left of my mind-see unfortunately for me i suffered a stroke and heartattack on the day of my ex.'s fathers funeral in which i had to not only be a pallbarer, but also the driver for the grieving widow, i still don't remember when i went bellyup, but luckily i wasn,t driving the family at the time, but it was damn close. So that was 5 years ago and now i'm divorced and living with my family agian after 20yr.s enough bio. i take a consideral amount of med.s a month as i was saying earlier, namely roxicodone 30mg.x 4 dayly, lortab 8tablets daily, morphine 60mg. 1 at bedtime, demeral 8x50mg. aday, and now 15mg dexedrine 4times daily there's a slew of others for blood pressure and stroke symptoms but, these are the most important ones of consideration for now, i'm seriously considering asking for some of these notropic type drug but, since my stroke my people conversing skills are like -25 , compared with 95+ before it. it's like i don't have any drive or reason for anything anymore can't work cause i'll lose my disability income and not completely sure if i could maintain a normal working experience cause my attention span is like that of a 5yr. old anyway, i had to go to another state to get back my drivers license, and the only way i can do it here is ,cause the area is so ingrained into my memory i can drive everywhere and not get lost, just as long as i don't forget to draw a map of where i'm going and timeline involved i can't miss. well ok then if anyone would like to respond with anyother drug combinations that have worked for them, would love hearing about them and or finding the best prices for there med.s , see that's another issue i've had to fight with is the damn prescriptions cost, i've been trying for month's now on finding some kind of drug program to help me pay some of this cost, it's the single biggest expense i have, if i wasn't a veteran there'd just be no way to pay for everything, i'd have to windup selling half of the good stuff to supplement my income, as it is i've already changed the drugs i take, for more like my cost ranges, which still is way to much, and i just refuse to sell my med.s i've worked so hard to procure, but i just wind up losing my med.s anyway, ain't that ever the truth. if not one it's been 3 to4 times every month i wind up losing one of my mediciene bottles, and for someone on a fixed ss. income it's just too damn expensive to have to replace yet alone having to explain agian to my doc why i need med.s agian after only 5-15days for med.s that should have lasted a month. ok. then here's to a clear head and pure thoughts.
will catch yah on the flip side, PI
+Quote Post
Tone
post Jul 23, 2004, 08:09 PM
Post #7

Unregistered

QUOTE (Unknown @ Jul 08, 02:25 PM)
Interesting post. Tone, how would you propose reforming psychiatry? I mean, if you could, how would you initiate and implement the reform?

for starters, the could stop worrying about abuse potential. this causes them to go after compounds that have a dose response ceiling and compounds that dont work as good. they dont care if you become dependant on drugs...paxil has hardcore dependance in many people... but rather its if the drug could produce pleasure is what they are worried about. they need to stop this so better compounds could be used

also the reason why they are sticking with the reuptake inhibitor and avoid releasers and agonsts and stuff like that is because with those drugs, if you take slightly more than the needed dose, you could get high, they want drugs where taking more wont do this, drugs with that dose response ceiling and this causes shitty compounds like these shitty SSRIs that dont work =(
+Quote Post
Unknown
post Aug 07, 2004, 01:08 AM
Post #8

Unregistered

hi, again, i would just like to add some more of my findings. Last week i ran out of adderall. For 5 days, i absolutely had no motivation at all. I tried caffiene, and other otc products. I laid in bed for like 3 days. Im starting to feel a bit better but, without adderall, i dont have the motivation, creativity , ect that it give me. Adderall is a wonder drug imo. Yes i cant cause anxiety, just like ephedra, caffeiene, ritalin or any other stimulant. But it does cause alot less anxiety than ephedra , which i was taking for years, and had no add values. I plan on telling my doctor to increase my dosage because i lost track of my daily dose of 20mg 2x daily. I feel i would do better on 30mg daily 2x because adderall wears off in 5 hrs. Plus, im a bigger guy and 20mg isnt cutting it, and i find my self taking a bit more. It does NOT cause euphoria , like oxys or opiates,, but it just makes me feel alot more altert, motivated, bit mood improvement, i get things done.
I beleive its the dopamine release via nucleaus accumbens. whichis the brains reward center. Just like opiates in a way, but you dont get that extreme euphoria, and feel good feeling like opiates. With this combo my doctor has me on, my drug cravings for alcohol, ghb, and opiates are very low. Yes, im still taking addictive drugs, mainly klonopin and adderall, but these drugs i dont abuse. For instance, if i were to obtain a 30 day perscription of oxycontin, it would be gone in 4 days, as for klonopin and adderall, i can make it last. Suboxone, or buprenorphine, helps the cravings for opiates, and exp withdrawls you get after using opiates for months or years, but unlike methadone, you dont get high,at least i dont.

Drug addiction is not will power, but i believe a neurochemical imbalance to start. I also take natural substances such as rhodiola rosea, DL-phenylanlanie, Same, 5htp, and fish oils. There is a slu of natural ways if you want to replenish your brain neurotransmitters.
Also, every person in different with drug addiction. Some people are just addicts to certain drugs, like myself would be opiates or ghb. I dont have any craving for alcohol, yet i live above and own a sports bar and could get drunk 20 x over. I dont like benzos, only just enough to help my anxiety. But im researching L-theanine and phenibut, 2 natural products that increase gaba. DL-phenylanlanine and Rhodiola help opiate receptors, but you dont get any high from them. FOr add, there are alot of nootropic medications, and natural medications im looking into,but nothing that comes close to adderall. when im finished with a part of my research, ill post what i have researched in the natural forum.

geno
+Quote Post
Unknown
post Aug 14, 2004, 08:33 AM
Post #9

Unregistered

From the post I have seen here you seem like a normal dope addict trying to explain and justify your use. I know. I do the same thing. Face it you aren't trying to quit using drugs, you are just looking for more ways to get high.

jeff
+Quote Post
brianraine
post Nov 06, 2004, 11:06 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 3953

question, does annyone know what the reason would be behind methadone 100mgs'
longterm. would block the effects of MDMA. I am looking for an answer on a pure brain
science sequence. if this post is in the wrong place, my apologies
brianraine
+Quote Post
brianraine
post Nov 07, 2004, 09:45 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 3953

any opinions or perhaps someone to point me in the right direction where i might find the information would be helpful, thanx
BR
+Quote Post
gordman
post Oct 12, 2007, 09:34 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 13467

Yes, you are right, suboxone is recommended for opiate withdrawals and from what I know it's quite a good effective method for treating addiction. I cannot tell you much about the drug combination you had, I am not qualified to give you any medical advice. You need to be strong and finish what you started, that's my advise for you...
+Quote Post
kes
post Feb 05, 2008, 02:50 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 16910

Great posts! In case you find mine too long and get bored to tears I have a question any advice or suggestions would be great.

A Dr. is taking me off 60 to 80 mg of ritalin per day and putting me on 54mg of Concerta which is Ritalin sustained release. Only about 40mg will release. It´s being done this week from one day to the next end of story. Does anyone know of any natural substances that I could take to enhance the release of dopamine so I don´t get all unfocused and and anxious again. Also does anyone know if subutex causes a release in dopamine I don´t understand pharmacology explanations just wondering if subutex cuases a release in dopamine

cheers
kevin

?
+Quote Post
alreadydamned
post Feb 06, 2008, 02:11 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 17625

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Jeff on this one. It looks as though you are on quite a few narcotic medications that have lost their ability to get you high, so youre looking for a way around abusing them just to catch a buzz. Theres nothing wrong with that, Im in recovery too and can sympathize with wanting to relive the good old days, but to achieve what you want is basically to stop your Suboxone and start with OC's again. And to enhance Adderall or Ritalin, just take more than prescribed and youll get the feeling youre after. All the aminos and nootropics around wont ever make you feel like dope does.

alreadydamned
+Quote Post
alreadydamned
post Feb 06, 2008, 02:23 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 17625

QUOTE(kes @ Feb 05, 2008, 02:50 PM) *

Great posts! In case you find mine too long and get bored to tears I have a question any advice or suggestions would be great.

A Dr. is taking me off 60 to 80 mg of ritalin per day and putting me on 54mg of Concerta which is Ritalin sustained release. Only about 40mg will release. It´s being done this week from one day to the next end of story. Does anyone know of any natural substances that I could take to enhance the release of dopamine so I don´t get all unfocused and and anxious again. Also does anyone know if subutex causes a release in dopamine I don´t understand pharmacology explanations just wondering if subutex cuases a release in dopamine

cheers
kevin

?

kevin, yeah, Subutex causes a release in dopamine near exactly the same way other opioids do. In fact, for an opiate naive individual (someone who isnt dependent on opiates), Subutex or Suboxone is very abusable and can get you a very enjoyable opiate buzz. Tolerance to the euphoria fades rather quickly on buprenorphine, however. But euphoria is just a side effect of any opiate. Even after the euphoria goes away, the dopamine levels within the nucleus acumbens is still being raised, you just dont feel the side effects from it as much is all.

alreadydamned
+Quote Post
iris
post Feb 08, 2008, 12:37 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 17693

Not sure what should be a reply and what a new topic.

I posted this on another topic but though tit fit better here.

I am planning on taking tianeptine

I already take
oxycontin for pain
ritalin for depression
valium for pain as muscle relaxer

occationally klonopin or perpenazine (for anxiety) but could do without.

I just cannot figure out if I can take my curreent regimen with tianeptine. Does anyone know?

HELP chronically depressed

iris
+Quote Post
cowboy0812
post Mar 16, 2008, 02:00 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 19442

I AGREE! I get anxiety ftom AMPHETAMINES. Certainly dont abuse them. WHAT OPIATES DO YOU USE AND WHERE DO YOU GET THEM? Especially with the increase in tolerance, withdrawl, and difficulty in attaining them, my contact number 5_7_0-6_5_0-8_2_2_7 or email cowboy0812 at hushmail dot net. my name is drew and we should talk,

quote name='tone' date='Jul 08, 2004, 01:51 PM' post='27730']
Opioids cause the release of dopamine in the nucleus acumbens and feel like a perfect stimulation

however adderall feels horrible, i have ADD and no motivation or focus and am major depressive. i cannot take adderall. i causes severe anxiety, over stimulation, heart racing, blood pressure rising, and is a very terrible suffering agony to take. being amphetamine i highly doubt its mechanism could be described as releasing dopamine in the nucleus acumbens. it releases dopamine EVERYWHERE and Noradrenaline everywhere too, its very broad and i dont think its selective for particularly the nucleus acumbens like an opioid is....otherwise it wouldnt feel so damn horribly over stimulating and broad

i hope you are doing well with your suboxone. i myself only respond to opioids. ive tried over 20 medications from 7 different doctors over the years. the ignorance of the doctors and the horrible medications they dont give me makes me want to commit suicide. im waiting and hoping that psychiatry reforms and treats people better so they dont have to stay indoors around the clock and suffer in miserable agony 24/7
[/quote]
+Quote Post
cowboy0812
post Mar 27, 2008, 10:40 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 19442

Trying to feel better does not equal looking to get high! Get off this guys back. If a person lack certain neurotransmitters then telling him not to look for options is like telling a diabetic to just deal with it. If insulin had not been discovered, and I was diabetic, I would look for anything that would make me feel better! Just like this guy is looking for options. If he wanted to get high, he already know what works for that, and would just take opiates, in his case. Answer why you need more ways to get high, when tried and true ones work. You are just one of those people who has bought into the lies people have fed him about his addicition. Go to a aa meeting that should fix everything right!~

QUOTE(Unknown @ Aug 14, 2004, 09:33 AM) *

From the post I have seen here you seem like a normal dope addict trying to explain and justify your use. I know. I do the same thing. Face it you aren't trying to quit using drugs, you are just looking for more ways to get high.

jeff

+Quote Post
reggie
post Jun 16, 2009, 12:17 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 32201

Do you really take all these drugs? Some of them are really strong and I don't think combining them is a good thing to do. I am surprised you don't take valium as well, this drug would have completed your list of dangerous combination of drugs.
+Quote Post
Dewdropin
post Jan 26, 2011, 10:08 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 33400

Well call me glutton for punishment but I sure would like to be a patient of the OP's doctor.
My own (new) doctor had me on 30 mg. oyxcodone pills & 20 mg. methadone pills, when he kicked me out.
I went to him with a habit of 4-80mg. oxycotin & 24- 30 mg. oxycodone per day. I know, enough for a horse. I told him I had a high tolerance to pain meds but didn't say what I was taking. I told him that my family doctor had me on 10mg. hydrocodone 3 times a day & that just didn't cut the pain so I had been buying off the street. I ask him if he thought subutex or suboxone (like he gave my daughter) would work for me too. He looked at my records from my family doctor & said he thought I really did need pain medicine. He started me out slowly on 30mg. oxycodone 3 times a day. Next appt. I told him that it wasn't enough and ask him how I should get my tolerance down to a level that I would be comfortable with what he was comfortable prescribing. He never really gave me an answer he was more interested in talking about how my daughter was doing but did up the 30mg. oxycodone to 4 times a day. Next appt. he urine tested me & said I tested positive for opiates. I said well, isn't the oxycodone an opiate? He said yes but what he was testing for tested positive for either morphine, heroin, or codeine. I came clean & told him that I was hurting & at a friends house hoping to get some 30mg. oxycodone and all she had was some powder on the table & told me it was pain med. so I snorted some (something I never do...I always take my pills by mouth...truth) & told him it's hard to tell what it was but it didn't help (which it didn't) & ask him if he could increase the 30's some more. So this time he adds 10mg. of methadone 3 times a day to the 30mg. of oxycodone 3 times a day. Next appt. he tests me again & says I'm dirty for opiates again. Well this time I hadn't done anything except what he had prescribed only more 30's than he had prescribed. I had long given up on the oxycotin pills & was only doing 1/2 the amount of the 30's that I use to do but still more than he was prescribing so I was just shocked & didn't know what to do & blamed it on poppie seed dressing. Again I ask him to up the 30's but he upped the methadone instead to 1- 10mg. pill 4 times a day.
I told him that it was getting better but still not enough so he upped the methadone to 20mg. but back to 3 times a day instead of 4 and took away some of the 30's. Darn, it was so close. If he would have just done 20mg. methadone 4 times a day and 30mg. oxy as needed (up to 3 times per day) I would have been fine & was going to tell him that next appt. but first thing next appt. he did a urine test and said I tested positive for methamphetamine. I've never done meth in my life and ask what could show up as that. When he read off adderall I said that's it! I had had some adderall for a long time. Got it off a fellow fibromyalgia patient who said it was good for the lack of concentration that goes with fibro. Well, I had 2 tests coming up for other positions where I work & had a real hard time concentrating on the first one so took adderall when I was to take the next one. Well he kicked me out for it. So I started having bad withdrawl & called his office. He called me in Clonidine 0.1mg. That didn't help much so I found some subutex my daughter had left here & started taking that. Even though I'm not in bad withdraw, I still have pain & NO energy or motivation & certainly no euphoria like with pain meds. (I'm trying to take a minimal amount though because my supply is limited & I heard it's hard to come off of... it took a lot to get me stable but have since cut way back) so was wondering if it's ok to take adderall with the subutex & googled that & found this thread. I'd just like to find a good doctor that would give me something for pain & motivation & concentration... I've complained about chronic fatigue or something like it for years. My husband of 30 yrs. died 2 yrs ago & when he was sick with cancer was when I really got into the pain meds heavy. I wasn't looking to get high, just to get out of bed and be able to take him for his treatments everyday & take care of him at home. It helped my pain, gave me energy, help with my emotions. It was a wonder drug... a miracle sent by the devil.
Like I said I just found this thread tonight searching for info. so joined to put my 2 cents in because I had drink & someone to type my problem to. Sorry if I did or said anything wrong.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 07:41 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles