BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Awareness of neurons firing....
post Jun 23, 2004, 05:14 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

Can someone 'in the know' explain this strange phenomena I've been experiencing recently

I can feel neurons firing in my head. The pattern varies, and so does the location, although this seems to occur more in the right side of my brain. Actually, I both feel 'it' and hear it to, it sounds like a clicking, electricity in my skull.

Here's an example:

I'm sitting on my sofa, smoking weed (this increases the effect) and watching some football (soccer to some). Now at this time my mind was messed up, I keep catching myself looking at footballers butts, worrying about my sexuality. I'd thought myself straight, but there's a worry that I'm not, and I'm thinking about this while looking at the tv.

*my mind is screwing with me*

then i have a revelation: 'how can i be gay when I was in love with....(un-named woman)!'

now as i get to the 'was' in that sentence(when I said 'was',i really meant 'am', but i forgot about this small fact of my life for 3 years, as i said i was disillusioned, messed up etc)....I feel a flash of lightning in my right pre-frontal cortex, with the epicentre smack in the middle of the lobe, and the feeling radiates out from it, covering my frontal lobe, radius about an inch and intensity lessening the further from the epicenter. I jump out of my seat clutching my head thinking 'what the hell was that? with a dull pain where the event occured, which subsides and is gone after about 10 seconds.

So i do a bit of research and find the right pre-frontal lobe to house emotions (is this true?) which matches my 'I'm in love' idea.

So there you are, that's the most vivid of these 'clicks' that i've been aware of. I believe it's a method of discovering truth through examining my own conciousness.

And are the feds gonna prod me with instruments like on war games? Can I use this to advance human understaning of the brain? Might as well contribute to civilisation while I'm here.

Anyhow, adios.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Unknown
post Jun 23, 2004, 06:20 PM
Post #2

Unregistered

maybe this is some kind of epileptic precursor?
+Quote Post
Unknown
post Nov 09, 2004, 03:12 PM
Post #3

Unregistered

It's no type of epilepstic aura (precursor) if that's what you're concluding.

+Quote Post
Unknown
post Nov 12, 2004, 12:32 AM
Post #4

Unregistered

What do you know about epilepsy?
+Quote Post
firing
post May 29, 2018, 05:55 AM
Post #5

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 40110

Hey, lately I also hear/feel my neurons fire. Not the flash, nor the epiphany nor anything else. I only hear them like a firing noise. Did you find a reason for this? A cure?

QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 23, 2004, 06:14 PM) *

Can someone 'in the know' explain this strange phenomena I've been experiencing recently

I can feel neurons firing in my head. The pattern varies, and so does the location, although this seems to occur more in the right side of my brain. Actually, I both feel 'it' and hear it to, it sounds like a clicking, electricity in my skull.

Here's an example:

I'm sitting on my sofa, smoking weed (this increases the effect) and watching some football (soccer to some). Now at this time my mind was messed up, I keep catching myself looking at footballers butts, worrying about my sexuality. I'd thought myself straight, but there's a worry that I'm not, and I'm thinking about this while looking at the tv.

*my mind is screwing with me*

then i have a revelation: 'how can i be gay when I was in love with....(un-named woman)!'

now as i get to the 'was' in that sentence(when I said 'was',i really meant 'am', but i forgot about this small fact of my life for 3 years, as i said i was disillusioned, messed up etc)....I feel a flash of lightning in my right pre-frontal cortex, with the epicentre smack in the middle of the lobe, and the feeling radiates out from it, covering my frontal lobe, radius about an inch and intensity lessening the further from the epicenter. I jump out of my seat clutching my head thinking 'what the hell was that? with a dull pain where the event occured, which subsides and is gone after about 10 seconds.

So i do a bit of research and find the right pre-frontal lobe to house emotions (is this true?) which matches my 'I'm in love' idea.

So there you are, that's the most vivid of these 'clicks' that i've been aware of. I believe it's a method of discovering truth through examining my own conciousness.

And are the feds gonna prod me with instruments like on war games? Can I use this to advance human understaning of the brain? Might as well contribute to civilisation while I'm here.

Anyhow, adios.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
haohao
post May 30, 2018, 02:48 AM
Post #6

Awakening

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 38120

[quote name='firing' date='May 29, 2018, 06:55 PM' post='152664']
Hey, lately I also hear/feel my neurons fire. Not the flash, nor the epiphany nor anything else. I only hear them like a firing noise. Did you find a reason for this? A cure?

I'm not a Professor, and hope I could provide some suggestive opinions.

1. From your statement from above, I thought you are thinking too much and need to drink some water and do some things you then can legally let you mind feel free such as going out for a walk or keeping see a tree faraway.

2. The topic is actually more related with your life situation and your recognition.

3. "Experience is one way to show your interest and span for the research, which has no direct links with the innovation and best practices. In my opinion, the continuing ability-based performance with interest is the key and the related recognition is important. I thought the essence of the education was the life-long learning and improvements, in which the so-called formal and regular education should be changed into the intensive and flexible learning aiming for the ability-based performances. To be a real intelligence neuroscientist or cognitive neuroscientist, you might need specialized ability-based performance and fund-included web-platform instead of a doctoral degree or post-doctoral medical background, or some professional training certificates or qualifications. "Learning and improving oneself is a life-long course. To be earnest, degrees and diplomas or occupational certificates or qualifications, even the web courses are totally not necessary to the research, even in the future. Internet, specialized e-contents and the interest for the research, including the practicing and webforum, is necessary." from one poster in this forum.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th August 2018 - 11:45 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

BrainMeta is supported by donors of The Neurological Foundation