BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nootropic Picamilon, Anyone familiar with it?
joe999
post Jun 22, 2004, 05:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 2856

I recently received some in bulk powder. I didn't know what to expect. It tastes like a powered building material to me (I'm not saying which at this time). I would like to know if anyone is familiar with Picamilon's taste.
Thx
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
axiombiologicals
post Jun 23, 2004, 04:52 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2861

QUOTE (joe999 @ Jun 22, 05:09 PM)
I recently received some in bulk powder. I didn't know what to expect. It tastes like a powered building material to me (I'm not saying which at this time). I would like to know if anyone is familiar with Picamilon's taste.
Thx

Many nootropics have horrid chemical tastes, picamilon is one. The only one I have found with a minimal flavor is oxiracetam, which is almost negligable dissolved in water.

Axiom Biologicals
http://home.comcast.net/~axiombiologicals
+Quote Post
Unknown
post Jun 23, 2004, 05:01 AM
Post #3

Unregistered

In experiments, Picamilon decreases cerebral blood-vessel tone and increases intracranial circulation rate. The drug exceeds in force and duration the effects of GABA and niacin alone. In small doses, Picamilon shows tranquilizing action to prevent the negative effects of emotional stress.  As with diazepam, it depresses motivative aggression. The tranquilizing influence of the drug on negative emotions expressed through the hypothalamic system has been proved.  Picamilon is characterized by a tranquilizing effect, without a sedative component but with elements of stimulant action.
The drug effectively counteracts stress and lowers the depressing influence of ethanol on the behavior of animals. It rapidly penetrates through the blood-brain barrier and improves the functional state of the brain by producing a beneficial effect on its metabolism.

Can anyone who's tried Picamilon vouch for the above claims?
+Quote Post
Unknown
post Jun 25, 2004, 05:06 PM
Post #4

Unregistered

Thanks axiom,
Someone said "Taste is barely noticeable. I take 150mg powder with water. I honestly cannot describe to you what it tastes like -- because I do not taste anything -- it tastes a little sweet if anything."

This makes me wonder. The pic I received has a bad taste. It tastes like dry spackling (sheet-rock mud) smells like (a very cheap fine white powder available at any lumber yard). I don't want to believe my supplier would do anything like this.

I hope for more posts to help my confidence
Thx
Joe
+Quote Post
ShapeShifter
post Jun 27, 2004, 02:27 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 2851

I just tried Picamilon for about 2 weeks, skipping some days to be able to notice what the difference is with or without. I vary my dosing from 50 mg to 75 mg and 100 mg. My personal experience is that Picamilon makes you feel content and focused. My head certainly feels a bit warmer, but also fresh. If I sit behind my computer, before I knew it I've read very long articles I normally would have skipped because of the length. I prefer 75 or 100 mg because 50 mg tends to make me a bit slow.
I think there are still some things to discover about Picamilon. I have to try it for longer periods. But if I use more than 100mg at once I become over-focused that my head sometimes hurts a bit.
UPDATE 29/6/2004: I also notice that Picamilon blurs my long range vision somewhat. But I also learn to appreciate Picamilons mood stabilizing/mood supporting properties, with calming and light anti-anxiety effects.
@Shawn: Thank your for expressing your appreciation.
+Quote Post
Shawn
post Jun 27, 2004, 06:21 AM
Post #6

God

Group: Admin
Member No.: 9

thanks for the info, ShapeShifter, as it seems there were quite a few people interested in learning more about the effects of taking Picamilon, myself included. In fact, your info on the effects of this drug is the only info I've been able to dig up on the web.
+Quote Post
Unknown
post Nov 02, 2004, 07:34 AM
Post #7

Unregistered

WHat happened to axiom biologicals? Theirnwebsite has dissapeared off the net?

x
+Quote Post
greeneyedboi
post Dec 22, 2006, 01:03 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 6584

i ordered picamilon bulk. i have found this "compound" to be everything that it was hyped to be. extremely relaxing, lowers inhibitions, quickens the flow of words, totally anti-stress, so im also assuming it lowers high cortisol levels. while it does not put you to sleep or make you tired it allowed me to just fall asleep whenever i wanted, and for me this is incredible as i have been a terrible insomniac all of my life. i would definately recommend this to anyone looking for relaxation, sleeping problems, un-inhibitor compound, anti-stress anti-cortisol, and i also imagine that since this is pure gaba for your brain it would increase growth hormone levels although i cannot be sure since it is bound to a niacin molecule as well. it is truly the "utopian" compound of the future
+Quote Post
xanadu
post Dec 23, 2006, 03:23 PM
Post #9

Awakening

Member No.: 4955

Are the effects of picamilon different than those of vinpocetine? I had heard that they were very similar compounds or that vin was derived from pic or an artificial form of it. I've only gotten slight effects from vinpocetine but I've never used more than 20mg per day. I heard you weren't supposed to use more than that though I haven't heard of any toxicity. Does anyone think it's worth while to order pic if you already have vin?
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post Dec 23, 2006, 07:11 PM
Post #10

Demi-God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 4349

Are the effects of picamilon different than those of vinpocetine?

Yes they are very different compounds; although they are both happen to have very potent effects on increasing cerebral blood flow.

I had heard that they were very similar compounds or that vin was derived from pic or an artificial form of it.

Vinpocetine (ethyl apovincaminate or chemically known as eburnamenine-14-carboxylic acid ethyl ester) is a derivative of vincamine, which is an alkaloid produced from several plants including but not limited to; Vinca Minor L, Crioceras longiflorus, Voaconga, etc.

While Picamilon (also known as Pycamilon, Picamilone, Pikamilon) is a novel drug created by molecularly binding GABA to a Niacin analog.

I've only gotten slight effects from vinpocetine but I've never used more than 20mg per day.

I usually recommend 40 mg daily unless other cerebrovascular enhancing compounds are also being used.

I heard you weren't supposed to use more than that though I haven't heard of any toxicity.

It's a remarkably safe compound and 40 mg is the dose studied in healthy adults.

Does anyone think it's worth while to order pic if you already have vin?

Yes although I would take a lower dose of both compounds.
+Quote Post
nate
post Sep 17, 2009, 10:03 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 32359

do you build a tolerance to it?

how long do the effects last?

is it something you take and after you're off you're back to your anxious self, or is there a build-up like SSRIs where you generally feel different throughout the day?
+Quote Post
Flex
post Sep 22, 2009, 12:35 AM
Post #12

God

Member No.: 5877

I have noticeable effects about an hour after dosing. Noticeable effects last about an hour. After that, you just feel like you normally would. After about a week of taking it, the immediate effects are no longer noticeable. One month into taking it, I notice more a baseline cognition that is generally more geared towards creative faculties. Stop taking it, and you feel pretty much exactly the same.

When taken in combination with MAO inhibitors, I get an incredible over stimulated fogy heart pounding paranoid "I am gong to die" feeling for about 10 min.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 07:37 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles