> Self-Hypnosis, Help a teen.
Enki
post Jan 20, 2007, 01:45 PM
Post #61

Supreme God

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 3458

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jan 20, 2007, 01:36 PM) *

Enki, I have always wondered: Why do GOP Republicans--and Democrats--pray, "Thy kingdom come..." when they say the so-called "Lord's Prayer" laugh.gif

Which brings me to ask: "God, how do you vote?" smile.gif

I think he votes as equal. Maybe counts sometimes. smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Enki
post Jan 20, 2007, 01:55 PM
Post #62

Supreme God

I suggest to discard the topic discussion. OK?
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Jan 20, 2007, 02:08 PM
Post #63

God

From: Markham (Thornhill), part of the greater Toronto area, the GTA, just north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Member No.: 4838

And your reason for this suggestion?
+Quote Post
Enki
post Jan 20, 2007, 02:15 PM
Post #64

Supreme God

Common Sense Lindsay.

I am unilaterally getting off from discussions in this topic.

And I am going to sleep. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Jan 20, 2007, 02:38 PM
Post #65

God

From: Markham (Thornhill), part of the greater Toronto area, the GTA, just north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada

So you, voluntarily, chose to go back into sleep--HYPNOS smile.gif. --Well!! Things get, "curiouser, and curiouser"!!!!! laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Jan 20, 2007, 05:56 PM
Post #66

Supreme God

Member No.: 601

QUOTE(Enki @ Jan 20, 2007, 09:19 PM) *

QUOTE(Joesus @ Jan 20, 2007, 11:55 AM) *

God is not Democratic.

You want to say Jeosus, that the Great Old Democrat is not a Democrat, possibly you prefer German and not English variant Got = Great Old Tyrant, though Great Old Titan can be used as well? wink.gif He is Greatest Democrat ever known, he is not so Almighty as some try to present him (in a way many common people understand that), thus making him responsible for any crime and unjustice in this world.

God is not an acronym....
+Quote Post
Enki
post Jan 20, 2007, 11:26 PM
Post #67

Supreme God

QUOTE(Joesus @ Jan 20, 2007, 05:56 PM) *

QUOTE(Enki @ Jan 20, 2007, 09:19 PM) *

QUOTE(Joesus @ Jan 20, 2007, 11:55 AM) *

God is not Democratic.

You want to say Jeosus, that the Great Old Democrat is not a Democrat, possibly you prefer German and not English variant Got = Great Old Tyrant, though Great Old Titan can be used as well? wink.gif He is Greatest Democrat ever known, he is not so Almighty as some try to present him (in a way many common people understand that), thus making him responsible for any crime and unjustice in this world.

God is not an acronym....

How do you know that it is not so, I really wonder?
He scattered his keys all around the world.
God is an amassing creature, you know.
YHVH (YHWH, YHWA, YHVA, YGVA) is also an acronym and not necessarily in Hebrew. laugh.gif
It is a cool game Joesus , you know, try to find the God, can you?
You think God does not have sense of humor?
I guess that Satan (Selfish Archaic TyrANt (TitAN) or Sensitive Archaic TitAN) has sense of humor as well, like any proper cute Demon.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Jan 21, 2007, 10:55 AM
Post #68

Supreme God

I know why you wonder..
YHVH (YHWH, YHWA, YHVA, YGVA) is also an acronym and not necessarily in Hebrew.

When you put God into terms of gender and into objects of perception the awareness fixes itself on objects of perception when you are trying to find God.

When the mind is anchored in the absolute the objects of perception translate symbolically for the purpose of instruction to those that are searching, but God is less of an object and more of the transition between objects or the potential that lies inbetween identifications of material manifestations or meanings and beliefs.
I think each individual perception creates humor from meanings of life.

I guess that Satan (Selfish Archaic TyrANt (TitAN) or Sensitive Archaic TitAN) has sense of humor as well, like any proper cute Demon.

Satan also is a word for the ego. Ego gives humor meaning. God is neither laughs nor cries over humanity. Being that everything is supported in freedom of choice or that will is without limits in direction or opportunity you can chain any thought you wish into reality and call it what you want.
+Quote Post
Enki
post Jan 21, 2007, 11:20 AM
Post #69

Supreme God

QUOTE(Joesus @ Jan 21, 2007, 10:55 AM) *

I know why you wonder..

Really? Quite interesting Joesus, quite interesting. May I know why? tongue.gif

YHVH (YHWH, YHWA, YHVA, YGVA) is also an acronym and not necessarily in Hebrew.

When you put God into terms of gender and into objects of perception the awareness fixes itself on objects of perception when you are trying to find God.

When the mind is anchored in the absolute the objects of perception translate symbolically for the purpose of instruction to those that are searching, but God is less of an object and more of the transition between objects or the potential that lies inbetween identifications of material manifestations or meanings and beliefs.
I think each individual perception creates humor from meanings of life.

I do not put God into terms of gender neither I put him into objects of perception. I just do nothing, I just have objected your statement related with the Democracy & God in a quite amazing way.

I agree in many points with the statments of your second paragraph: "When the mind is anchored ...".
So I guess we are able to percept his sense of humor.

God is neither laughs nor cries over humanity. Being that everything is supported in freedom of choice or that will is without limits in direction or opportunity you can chain any thought you wish into reality and call it what you want.

I disagree with you, God laughs and cries over humanity from time to time. He should like to watch Disney cartoons, I am sure. Don’t you mind that I use word He and not He/She?

Even more, I guess he also drinks tea, plays into computer games and likes to eat ice-cream as well. You put God too far from humans Joesus. Not forget old Jewish wisdom: "God lives and walks among us."

I guess Satan and Others like to travel as well.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Jan 21, 2007, 11:41 AM
Post #70

Supreme God

Really? Quite interesting Joesus, quite interesting. May I know why?

Of course!

I just have objected your statement related with the Democracy & God in a quite amazing way.

You have objectified the statement in terms of your own individual flavor and perception. Being that god is not democratic or swayed by individual thought, in that it takes or gives more to any one idea or desire, all desires are fulfilled regardless of the terms in which they are objectified.

I do not put God into terms of gender neither I put him into objects of perception. I just do nothing, I just have objected your statement related with the Democracy & God in a quite amazing way.

If I choose to accept you or not then you do or you do not.

I disagree with you, God laughs and cries over humanity from time to time.

If I say God doesn't then God doesn't. Neither one of us is right or wrong.
+Quote Post
Enki
post Jan 21, 2007, 11:50 AM
Post #71

Supreme God

Just look at this boy, he is a Sophist!

Your statements sound like "All is relative."
+Quote Post
Enki
post Jan 21, 2007, 11:59 AM
Post #72

Supreme God

I will tell you Joesus one innovated cabalistic anecdote.

A Jewish rabbi teaches children the wisdom via case studies:

"So children one Great Jew -Moses said that all is from there," and points his hand at Sky,

"Another Great Jew -Solomon said that all is from here," and points his hand at his Head,

"Another Great Jew -Jesus said that all is from here," and points his hand at his Heart,

"Another Great Jew -Karl Marx said that all is from here," and points his hand at his Belly,

"Another Great Jew -Sigmund Freaud said that all is from here," and points his hand at his Reproduction organs.

But then children another Great Jew -Einstein said that All is Relative.

Let us on this funny wave close this topic.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Jan 21, 2007, 12:59 PM
Post #73

Supreme God

Just look at this boy, he is a Sophist!

It's easy to point a finger and make a claim toward anything.

It is not the same as realizing thou art that.

That not being relative, but supporting all relative ideas.

Or

Neti Neti .. Not this Not that
+Quote Post
Enki
post Jan 21, 2007, 10:48 PM
Post #74

Supreme God

Truth somewhere in-between.
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Jan 22, 2007, 07:18 AM
Post #75

God

QUOTE(Enki @ Jan 21, 2007, 11:59 AM) *

I will tell you Joesus one innovated cabalistic anecdote....
another Great Jew -Einstein said that All is Relative.
When I first heard this amusing anecdote, Enki, the question addressed was: What is truth?"

Until we human beings become infallible (like the Pope?), in my humble opinion, truth is relatively absolute; and/or absolutely relative. And, relatively speaking, for me, the search is as much fun as finding it. smile.gif

=================
Okay, I say we stick with the topic on self-hypnosis, start a new one on "what is truth, whatever", or take a rest. Or, if you are curious enough you are welcome to take a look at: Evidence For God at
http://www.scienceagogo.com/forum/ubbthrea...17805#Post17805

It is always good to hear what others have to say.
+Quote Post
Enki
post Jan 22, 2007, 11:36 AM
Post #76

Supreme God

Times are changing Lindsay. Different continents, different languages, truth mutates.
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Jan 22, 2007, 09:10 PM
Post #77

God

QUOTE(Enki @ Jan 22, 2007, 11:36 AM) *

Times are changing Lindsay. Different continents, different languages, truth mutates.
Relatively speaking, of course it does. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Ignorance Is Eternal
post Jan 23, 2007, 07:40 PM
Post #78

Aspiring

Member No.: 5876

Hello all

I hypnotised myself 3 times now using a script that I recorded myself saying. After the first two times using suggestion, I decided that I am too young to attempt to change some of the subconsious foundation I had set out to mould. So, the third time I hypnotised myself on the way to a cello recital (I usually become very, very anxious before them, and this was no exception), but this time I had set it to stop before the suggestions were proposed. I roused myself and was considerably more relaxed whilst my performance.

I find this lighter mode of hypnosis very helpful for anxiety, but I was wondering if there was a way to hypnotise myself more effectively so that I could suggest a calmer, more focused state while performing publicly.

Thanks,
Teddy.
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Jan 24, 2007, 09:33 PM
Post #79

God

What we say to ourselves in our inner-dialogue--taking care to avoid negative and hate-filled suggestions, which come from the negative and destructive emotions--can make all the difference.

It is, in my opinion, THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED.

Also in my opinion, we need to take the road BEST TRAVELED; it is called LOVE--that is, simply giving good will and respect to oneself and others, regardless of how we feel, emotionally.
+Quote Post
maximus242
post Jan 26, 2007, 05:30 PM
Post #80

God

Member No.: 4768

Inner Dialogue is extremly important, it is in essence, the conscious mind.
+Quote Post
maximus242
post Jan 26, 2007, 06:00 PM
Post #81

God

QUOTE(Ignorance Is Eternal @ Jan 23, 2007, 08:40 PM) *

Hello all

I hypnotised myself 3 times now using a script that I recorded myself saying. After the first two times using suggestion, I decided that I am too young to attempt to change some of the subconsious foundation I had set out to mould. So, the third time I hypnotised myself on the way to a cello recital (I usually become very, very anxious before them, and this was no exception), but this time I had set it to stop before the suggestions were proposed. I roused myself and was considerably more relaxed whilst my performance.

I find this lighter mode of hypnosis very helpful for anxiety, but I was wondering if there was a way to hypnotise myself more effectively so that I could suggest a calmer, more focused state while performing publicly.

Thanks,
Teddy.

PM me the script and I will look it over, some scripts are good, some are bad.

Sounds like your just doing relaxation right now and not much hypnosis. As for relaxing before a public preformance, thats easy to do a suggestion for. Its the basics of the basics - you just anchor a suggestion along with the relaxed state.

All you have to do is hypnotise yourself and anchor something to a relaxed state but not a hypnotic one, then tada, before a preformance you will be relaxed. This is the basic fix, there is a better way where you dont feel anxious at all before any preformance, I wrote a script up for someone else on brainmeta that does this. That way you dont need to relax before every preformance because you will already be relaxed.

So many diffrent types and ways of hypnosis, but simpler and easier is always better, ive done LOTS and LOTS of self-hypnosis and I can tell you that the long ways can be good at the start but they become a pain in the ass. Why spend ten minutes doing an induction when you can spend 30 seconds.

------------Important Note from Maximus, you need to learn more about hypnosis theory, you should know that any sub-conscious changes you make can be changed back in a matter of seconds. Furthermore anchors last 3 months max, then you need to re-do it (it will probably last less than that). I seriously doubt you will be able to change the foundations of your sub-conscious mind, its hard enough for a beginner to just communicate. Seriously, dont worry about causing major changes to your sub-consious, it just aint gonna happen, takes a lot of work to accomplish something like that.---------------------------
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Jan 26, 2007, 08:16 PM
Post #82

God

Max, your post above reminds me of the old joke about the visitor to New York who asked someone in the lobby of his hotel--who happened to be a musician--"How do I get to Carnegie Hall?" The musician replied: "Practice. Lots of practice." smile.gif The same applies to getting the best out of working with the inner mind.

The great pianist, Rubenstein, was once asked by a reporter: "How much do you practice?" He responded: "At least three to four hours a day, everyday."

The reporter then asked: "What would happen if you missed three days?"
Rubenstein responded, "If I missed three days, my audience would notice; if I missed two days, my wife would notice, and if I missed one day, I would notice."

Yes, IMHO, our spiritual muscles need to exercised just like the physical and mental ones do.
+Quote Post
Enki
post Jan 27, 2007, 05:03 PM
Post #83

Supreme God

QUOTE(maximus242 @ Jan 26, 2007, 06:00 PM) *

Seriously, dont worry about causing major changes to your sub-consious, it just aint gonna happen, takes a lot of work to accomplish something like that.---------------------------

Dear people who are eventually encountered with this topic!

Do not try to make self-hypnosis! Do not listen to those who advise you to use it. Do not confine your Free Will! It is very dangerous. You run danger of loosing your Free Will. It may damage your metal health. The reality is not well studied yet, there are quite many things not yet studied. Just trust your reason and your good will and apply them to regulate yourself, you also should sometimes trust Good God as well.

Remember, do not interfere into realms unknown for you, do not trust people who advise you to do so, they mislead you. Trust your common sense: do not experiment with your sub-consciousness!

Self- hypnosis is a very, very bad and dangerous thing!

If you are not a scientist in the field do not do any experiments!
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Jan 27, 2007, 08:14 PM
Post #84

God

Enki. I ask you, seriously :

Are you, absolutely, sure you know of which you write?

If so, please give us the concrete evidence, you have, to back up your claim. Or is it just your opinion????
+Quote Post
Enki
post Jan 28, 2007, 01:29 AM
Post #85

Supreme God

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jan 27, 2007, 08:14 PM) *

Enki. I ask you, seriously :

Are you, absolutely, sure you know of which you write?

If so, please give us the concrete evidence, you have, to back up your claim. Or is it just your opinion????

Any technique related with self-hypnosis, which did not pass official positive approval of scientific community world wide as a reliable and non-harmful for human mental state, cannot be recommended to common people to apply for "self-improvement". I am absolutely sure about what I write in that respect. They may test one of the recommendations and if it works they will start to trust other sources as well and will make series of experiments. Human curiosity has no limits. The consequences of those experiments are not predictable.

You know Lindsay, I have registered on this forum one day prior to the unfortunate death of the Patriarch of Alexandria to exemplify some specific aspects of the reality related with series of Unfortunate Events, but certainly not in a manner of a spider Ms. Charlotte Kovatic.

This subject is such that the "concrete evidence" provision is a rather complicated thing due to several factors. And definitely I will not provide any.

Besides I hope that my opinion will be taken for granted by respected readers. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Jan 31, 2007, 01:51 PM
Post #86

God

More mild sarcasm, eh?
+Quote Post
Enki
post Jan 31, 2007, 02:40 PM
Post #87

Supreme God

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jan 31, 2007, 01:51 PM) *

More mild sarcasm, eh?

It is very sad indeed.
+Quote Post
maximus242
post Feb 03, 2007, 05:22 PM
Post #88

God

Enki, either your incredibly ignorant or your joking. I think this is another joke though.
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Feb 03, 2007, 10:55 PM
Post #89

God

Right on, Max:
Recently, I sent the following to a lot of friends and to the media:
===============================================
Does this get your attention?
http://www.hypnotictapes.com/images/Spiral-Spin-revised.swf

Some of you have heard of my interest, over the years, and the work I
have done in understanding the role of pneumatherapy--that is,
self-hypnosis without the hocus pocus-- and how it can help us develop
a positive faith.
For more information, check this out:

The forum at http://www.scienceagogo.com is interesting
http://www.scienceagogo.com/forum/ubbthrea...03c7c#Post17986

POINTS TO KEEP IN MIND :

1. Before you consult a hypnotherapist, make sure it is someone with a
good reputation and, perhaps, is recommended by your family doctor, or
other trustworthy professional.

2. Some MD's do hypnotherapy. I have known several. However, it not
necessary to be an MD to be a good hypnotherapist.

3. Doctors with good bed-side manners are practicing "hypnosis"
without calling it that. So are clergy who have the ability to inspire
people to have faith in God and themselves.

4. Hypnosis is not a substitute for necessary medical help.

5. What I call pneumatherapy is
a. self-hypnosis without the hocus pocus--
b. psychotherapy--using psychology and psychiatry, and
c. somatherapy--diet, surgery, physical medicines, and the like,
all need to work integratively.
Check out http://integrativemedicine.arizona.edu/index.html
With Harvard trained, Dr. Andrew Weil
7. Pneumatherapy can help us deal with addictions, including addiction to food.
8. problems with the autoimmune system
9. Media induced fear and panic
10. prejudice and fanaticism, etc.

Beware of stage-hypnosis. It can be harmful. So can stage
"faith" healing. I have written articles, for a Toronto paper,
exposing this danger.
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Feb 04, 2007, 07:08 PM
Post #90

God

4 WIDELY HELD MISCONCEPTIONS
ABOUT HYPNOSIS

1. Someone with a strong mind or will power is difficult to hypnotize. This is not true. You want to enter hypnosis. A strong mind or will power will help you do whatever you want to do.

2. You are unconscious while under hypnosis. This is not true. Most people describe it as feeling extremely relaxed or half awake and half asleep. And the deepest levels as a lucid dream.

3. You are put into hypnosis. This is not true. You are guided into hypnosis. You have to help by imagining the images as well as you pleasantly can.

4. Hypnosis is a constant state. This is not true. There are times when you are more aware and times when you are less aware. This is normal.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 01:17 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles