> Chat Room On The Way
Shawn
post Feb 07, 2004, 11:30 AM
Post #1

God

Group: Admin
Member No.: 9

hi everyone,

just wanted to let you all know that, due to someone's thoughtful suggestion, that I will be adding a chat room to our forum, probably today. I'll post more about this when it's time. There was a chatroom available in the past which was hosted on a remote server, months ago, but the new one will be better and will be hosted on the mind-brain.com server.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Shawn
post Feb 08, 2004, 12:15 AM
Post #2

God

ok, I've placed a little chatroom at http://brainmeta.com/chatroom/index.php. Granted, it's not super high-tech, but it works and it has potential. I've also placed links to the chatroom on the top navigator in the forum (next to the Search link), and also on the right navigator on the main site. I have the chatroom set-up now so that you must be logged in to make a post (though you don't need to be logged in to read the posts). I did this to prevent any attempts at mimicking or cloning other people. Currently, you cannot see who else is in the chatroom, but I will likely change this in the near future because such information would be nice to know.

Also, I think it would be interesting to have private chat sessions in which you can choose exactly who you want to talk to, with no-one else being able to see the conversation... though I will have to look into this more.
+Quote Post
Shawn
post Feb 08, 2004, 11:33 PM
Post #3

God

ok, how about http://brainmeta.com/chat ?? This one's much better than the first one. It needs some customization and style, and also, I need to link up the forum database with the chatroom database so that members of the forum don't need to register a new account.

+Quote Post
rhymer
post Feb 09, 2004, 12:29 PM
Post #4

Supreme God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 385

Yes, I like the chat room!
It seems to have changed from yesterday - then, I was not too impressed.

I can't wait to say hello to some friends.
Many thanks for making this feature available Shawn.

Bill.
+Quote Post
Ryokirah
post Mar 09, 2004, 12:25 PM
Post #5

Awakening

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 1426

is there an IRC chat? or would that now be redundant?
+Quote Post
Shawn
post Mar 11, 2004, 08:31 PM
Post #6

God

We need to have a funeral for the chat room! Really, I haven't had much time to make improvements to the chat room because other items keep taking priority, but it's still on my To Do list.

Ryokirah, this may sound silly, but what exactly is IRC chat? I've heard the term often enough, but I don't think I've ever used it, nor do I know how it differs from standard messengers (like YIM, AIM, and the like). Maybe you could explain it a bit?

+Quote Post
Michael Zyskowski
post Dec 06, 2013, 09:32 AM
Post #7

Unregistered

Hey guys, I have opened a chatrooms website called e-chat, its completely free to use. It requires no plugins to run (no flash/java).

you can make your own chatroom (limit of 200 people on it at the same time - really hard to get to that). You can even embed it on another website, the instructions are on the website.

Please google up 'e-chat' to find out more.

Do not hate me for spam, as my aim is not to make money on it. If you want any functionality to be developed just send me an email available at the website and I will see what I can do, free of charge of course.

Thanks, hope it helps!
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st November 2014 - 12:50 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog