BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How to get off baclofen/phenibut safely, please help (GABA-B), (Not your typical "phenifucked" situation)
iamcor
post May 27, 2016, 09:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 38217

How to get off baclofen/phenibut safely?
(Not your typical "phenifucked" situation)

Let it be known that I take clonazepam 2mg daily (for about 15 years).

I was taking phenibut at 1.5g-3g for about two weeks starting 4/15/16, took significant lower doses of clonazepam while doing this. I decided to use phenibut as it was beneficial to quit buprenorphine, which I did on 5/13/16. This was the day I replaced phenibut with baclofen - both gaba-b agonists. Physical withdrawals are over now from buprenorphine. I was taking about 40mgs of baclofen a day but that quickly got to 80mgs, just barely keeping the gaba-b withdrawals away. I may have been dosing too low on the clonazepam in hindsight. I have a supply of carisoprodol (soma) so I decided to try that (today, 5/27/16) and it helped, A LOT. I would normally be irritable and in extreme physical pain, somewhat psychotic from baclofen withdrawals. I believe phenobarbital/benzos are used to take people off baclofen and other gaba-b agonists in hospital visits so does it make sense for me to be taking carisoprodol for the baclofen withdrawals? I can't find any information on this. *I am worried about jumping off at too high a dose and the potential dangers. * I have HPPD so I normally hallucinate but things have been getting much worse.

On some message boards people are reporting "permanent" gastric distress (which I have been having) and permanent mental issues. I am also concerned about a potential seizure, organ failure or anything the internet warns about. I am worried this will somehow fry my gaba-b receptors or can the carisoprodol save me from that? Should I be tapering down with phenibut, baclofen, or pregabalin (lyrica, which I have access to)? Would weening off a gaba-b be the safer option? If the soma works the same as something like phenobarbital (used for alcohol and GHB withdrawal, gaba-b agonists) should I be fine taking this for a week and withdrawals from baclofen should be gone? This seems too good to be true. Can it save my gaba receptors from possibly being damaged? Is that something I should be worried about, especially since I take clonazepam? I took 15mg baclofen, 2x450mg carisoprodol, and 1mg clonazepam 16 hours ago and haven't felt the need to take anything since. Normally withdrawals from baclofen would start within 3 hours. I am not sure what to do when I feel the need to dose again. I am getting slightly irritable. What is the safest possible option? Cold turkey off baclofen with carisoprodol, pregabalin (lyrica), baclofen ween, or phenibut ween?

Any advice would be really appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2017 - 09:45 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles