Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Comparing the Amplitudes of Different Frequencies, Theta/Beta Ratio
tsguigna
post May 26, 2016, 10:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 38215

Hello everyone! I am calculating the theta/beta ratio for individual subjects and then comparing them statistically. The issue I am having is statistically comparing amplitudes of different frequency bands. For example, in the theta category, I have a subject that had his frequency range of 2-9 Hz inhibited during neurofeedback. For another subject, his frequency range of 3-6 Hz was inhibited. I cannot compare the average amplitudes of these two subjects because the wider a frequency band is, the larger the amplitude. Basically, for the first subject, what would his/her amplitude be if I restricted the bandwidth from 2-9 Hz to 3-6 Hz? The amplitude for the 2-9 Hz range is 34.3, so how much would the amplitude decrease if I restricted that subject's frequency range to 3-6 Hz? Let me know if this issue is not clear and I will try to adjust my question. Thanks everybody!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
haohao
post May 27, 2016, 12:24 PM
Post #2

Awakening

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 38120

I think for different behaviours or situations, the neuro-reactions in frequency of your experiments are different. So it's hard to tell the change of the amplitudes, and maybe the value of the amplitude will increase in number.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2017 - 12:00 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles