Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Question-Protocol of Novelty Suppressed Feeding
BlueBlueSky
post Apr 28, 2016, 07:58 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 38177

Hello guys. Did anybody do NSF before? I came across some problems in this test. Hope you could give your opinions.

The protocol I used: 1. Deprive mice (C57BL/6) of food for 24h/16h. 2. Put one mouse to a white box ( 50x37x20cm) with 2cm bedding, and a filter paper with one pellet on it in the centre. The light intensity I use is ~1100/~1400 when measured in the centre. 3. Start the stopwatch once the mouse is in the box, and stop it as soon as the mouse sits in the centre and starts to eat.

The problem is almost all the mice ate very quickly, so the latency to eat was very low (~30-150seconds). However, in most articles, the latency to eat was found to be around 400s

Does anybody have any suggestions about how to increase the latency to eat?

Thank you!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
haohao
post Apr 29, 2016, 06:37 AM
Post #2

Awakening

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 38120

1. If you refer to the U.S.A. NSF, I have nothing to say, because my researching work has little chance to gain support from it.
2. I searched in the Internet, and found that you were doing "novelty suppressed feeding test". My opinion is firstly to compare your protocol mentioned with "most articles" you referenced, then found out the differences if possible; secondly I thought you may need to notice that the eating habit of livings may be related with their memories, including their body evaluation and life clock pattern, even group learning communications; and thirdly the way to increase the latency for your mice to eat may let one of the mice to pre-eat an inedible thing first or change the color of the food you prepared in the box.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 11:19 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles