Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation for Intelligence
Luthor
post Apr 11, 2016, 04:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 38160

Hi,

I was curios if anyone has used or has any knowledge of using TMS to enhance or improve maths skills and cleverness.

I have heard conflicting reports about this. One says it helps the other says it worsens.

I would appreciate any clarification on this matter.

Thanks,

LL
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
haohao
post Apr 11, 2016, 05:49 PM
Post #2

Awakening

Member No.: 38120

I thought the method you have indicated could be better for intelligence imporvement or doing harm to it, which needs to be designed and controlled to make your brain more active and more efficient, probably varied with each individual.

If it referred to the conception of Synthetical Mapping System for brain-related whole system improvement, I think it could be a good tool to manage your brain energy-level.
+Quote Post
Luthor
post Apr 12, 2016, 05:50 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 38160

I have heard conflicting reports with regards to TMS and tDCS affects upon IQ. I have found a device called FisherWallace. Thinking of buying it. It would be terrible to use this device with hopes of benefiting IQ and then finding ourselves stupid or harming our IQ.
+Quote Post
haohao
post Apr 12, 2016, 05:52 PM
Post #4

Awakening

Member No.: 38120

1.I think the tDCS in your poster indicates “transcranial direct current stimulation”, and with transcranial magnetic stimulation, this two technologies might be working in proper way to improve the brain activation, including temporary IQ benifits, "probably varied with each individual. " Brain hand massage and brain thinking practice may be more efficient in some way, combined with deep sleeping and proper dieting habits.

2. As for the device "FisherWallace" you mentiond, I found this in its offical website "The Fisher Wallace Stimulator® is cleared by the FDA for the treatment of depression and anxiety. During each 20-minute treatment session (once or twice a day), the device stimulates the brain to produce serotonin and other neurochemicals required for healthy mood, without causing the side effects of medication. " I thought it's not mainly used for the purpose of improving IQ.

It's just my personal view, and merely a reference.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 04:52 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright © BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles