Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mind-Brain.com will soon be PHP-based
Shawn
post Aug 21, 2003, 12:52 AM
Post #1

God

Group: Admin
Member No.: 9

Php is a scripting language that's imbedded into html, and that gives websites much more interactivity.   I've been playing around with php for a little while now, and have been working on making mind-brain.com php-based.   The new php-based mind-brain.com will be unveiled soon, in the coming week.  Among other things, what you'll be able to do is contribute your own content almost anywhere on the main site (whereas now, you can only really contribute content in the forum).   Also, I'll attempt to implement Franziska's idea of having different templates and themes from which to choose from so that anyone can customize mind-brain.com however they like.

anyway, I'll write more about this in the coming days.  It's something I'm very exciting about, and hope you will be too when the new php-based features are unveiled.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
+Franziska+
post Aug 21, 2003, 02:26 AM
Post #2

Demi-God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 157

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!   ;D
+Quote Post
rhymer
post Aug 21, 2003, 10:13 AM
Post #3

Supreme God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 385

May I wish you good luck on this venture!
Any extension of capabilities for this site is to be welcomed, and appreciated by all members.

The topics available already are extensive, and to a large extent, dictated by the users. More flexibiity will add to this capability and make the site even more enjoyable.

Many thanks Shawn.

Best regards, Bill.
+Quote Post
Shawn
post Aug 30, 2003, 08:01 AM
Post #4

God

Group: Admin
Member No.: 9

thank you Bill.

Everyone, please feel free to catch a glimpse of the new php-based Mind-Brain.com at http://brainmeta.com/index.php .    

There are still things I'm working on, liking letting visitors add comments to each page, and also to possibly have templates.   But, if you have the time, please take a look and let me know what you think.

It's still a work-in-progress, and I know there are quite a few dead-links right now, but I'm expecting that sometime this weekend, everything will be done.

Mainly, I post this now, before the completion of the site, because I'm excited about it and am having fun putting the site together, and thought that other people might like to see a work-in-process, a work in the process of completion.  :)

take care,
Shawn

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 05:26 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog