Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How and where to start
surf228
post Sep 26, 2015, 05:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 37920

Hello everyone,

I am new to the brainmeata board and came across it looking up different smart drugs. Most of the smart drugs I came across were adderal, Provigil, and nuvigil. I started researching this site and found all sorts of other products out there.

For years I have been fighting forgetfulness and I have slowly changed from a very outgoing, funny and intelligent person to a quite, timid, forgetful and uncomfortable person and I almost feel that others feel strange around me because of the way I have become. I am very reserved and feel like I am in a shell most of the time. This strange feeling that has got the best of me has also affected my relationship with my wife. I am lucky to have the wife I do but I am so reserved anymore and stand offish from the way that I feel anymore that I know it is affecting our relationship.

I am not sure if the problem comes from cocaine use in my past or if it is from the stress of being in sales for a long time or maybe a combo of both. But because of my job I need to be quick, smart, funny, outgoing, and need to be able to remember things about conversations and details. For years I was this way and very successful but now I get in my own way with the way I feel and feel about the way I am now. I don't think others really notice it unless they are around me for a period of time.

I am trying to find something that will help me with my memory and mood to pull me out of this. When I researched this site I found all kinds of other products and mixes that work for people.

I wanted to ask you if you could point me to a link that breaks down what all of these supplements are and what they all do so I can start to build my own mixture.

I am also open to any suggestions that you might have.

I have a script for Adderall but am not convinced it is the best product for me. I think it increases my anxiety which gets in the way of my focus and even prevents me from having a good conversation with people.

I think that if I could fix my memory and feel like a normal person it would help me with the other areas I am struggling with. Because of this I have looked at modafinil pretty closely and think that it would be something that would help me with the memory and lead to help in the other areas.

If some of you would chime in and let me know what you think and where to start with this I would appreciate it.

Also please don't say that I need an anti dep.

Thanks,
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
james_owen
post Oct 07, 2015, 04:53 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 37935

Hello surf228, I think initially you should keep it simple, start with something for your memory, e.g. Lions Mane (look up NGF) and for mood there can be a lot of underlying issues, e.g. other problems, low vitamin/minerals etc/diet, or stress, and if stress/anxiety is the case you can try: ALCAR or even Ashwagandha.

GL and keep track of this stuff to know what works what doesn't, look up "Trackmystack" and use their free log.
QUOTE(surf228 @ Sep 26, 2015, 05:18 PM) *

Hello everyone,

I am new to the brainmeata board and came across it looking up different smart drugs. Most of the smart drugs I came across were adderal, Provigil, and nuvigil. I started researching this site and found all sorts of other products out there.

For years I have been fighting forgetfulness and I have slowly changed from a very outgoing, funny and intelligent person to a quite, timid, forgetful and uncomfortable person and I almost feel that others feel strange around me because of the way I have become. I am very reserved and feel like I am in a shell most of the time. This strange feeling that has got the best of me has also affected my relationship with my wife. I am lucky to have the wife I do but I am so reserved anymore and stand offish from the way that I feel anymore that I know it is affecting our relationship.

I am not sure if the problem comes from cocaine use in my past or if it is from the stress of being in sales for a long time or maybe a combo of both. But because of my job I need to be quick, smart, funny, outgoing, and need to be able to remember things about conversations and details. For years I was this way and very successful but now I get in my own way with the way I feel and feel about the way I am now. I don't think others really notice it unless they are around me for a period of time.

I am trying to find something that will help me with my memory and mood to pull me out of this. When I researched this site I found all kinds of other products and mixes that work for people.

I wanted to ask you if you could point me to a link that breaks down what all of these supplements are and what they all do so I can start to build my own mixture.

I have a script for Adderall but am not convinced it is the best product for me. I think it increases my anxiety which gets in the way of my focus and even prevents me from having a good conversation with people.

I think that if I could fix my memory and feel like a normal person it would help me with the other areas I am struggling with. Because of this I have looked at modafinil pretty closely and think that it would be something that would help me with the memory and lead to help in the other areas.

If some of you would chime in and let me know what you think and where to start with this I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

+Quote Post
Veronica
post Jan 03, 2016, 06:38 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 38038

Start with only which can give you best result.
+Quote Post
handshaker
post Jan 13, 2016, 09:48 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 38039

Hello everyone,

Thanks,

I actually know two separate people who work as sales agents for Vodafone, where they have to do exactly what you described. They have tried all sort of noots. Phenylpiracetam, Oxiracetam, Sunifiram, Citicoline et etc the list goes on. The two drugs that work in the short term were Adderall and Ritalin. They both stopped them because they were effecting their sleep too much and they were getting addicted. The only drug that worked in the long term was Modafinil (although it also effected their sleep, so they take only half a pill very early)

I hope this helps.

+Quote Post
vyvansevsadderall
post Jan 18, 2016, 06:30 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 37996

Hello everyone,

Thanks,

I find Adderall anxiety-provoking too. It particularly makes social anxiety worse for me.

However, I've had success taking very small doses of Adderall (e.g., 1-5mg). The effect is much more subtle, but at this dose there are benefits without the increased anxiety/impaired sociability.

I'm very sympathetic to your project of regaining mental clarity.

The world of nootropics can be difficult to navigate. Have you tried making some positive lifestyle changes? How's your sleep? It sounds like your work life is very stressful; any way to mitigate that stress but still meet the demands imposed on you at work?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2017 - 02:55 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles