Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Neurobiology of sexual orientation
Der_Neugierige
post Sep 20, 2015, 06:06 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 37912

I am intersted in neurobiology of sexual orientation. As far I know sexual orientation and sexual identification(disorder transsexuality) are inborn instincts which can't be learned. So instinct have to be located in the old part of the brain like the hypothalamus. So I have looked in the literature and founded out that the human hypothalamus consists of sexual dimorphic nuclei like Inah3 or bed nucleus of the stria terminalis.

Now I am comfused because there are different kind of BNST nuclei. They have made a study about bed nucleus of the stria terminalis centralis. The researcher saw that BNST centralis was far bigger in men than in women. It was also bigger in homosexual men, the same size as heterosexual men, but man to female transsexual had a BNST centralis that was of the same size as in women.

Well in 1990 researcher founded out that BNST dspm was 2.5 times bigger in men compared to women. But they have never checked this nucleus in relation to sexual orientation. They should look if BNST dspm has the same size in heterosexual men as in homosexual men. The same with women.

I am wondering why they haven't researched the size of Inah3 in homosexual women. That is weak.

And they should do the same with the BNST ventralis and BNST posterior. I hope we will see that once.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 04:19 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles