BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can neurosky mind wave mobile headset work on human emotion analysis ?
kitten in christ
post Sep 01, 2014, 11:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 37342

Hi all , I am a newbie of Neuroscience and going to work on the association of music and emotion using Neurosky Mindwave headset.
Although I got lots of questions to start with, the first thing is that does someone know is it possible to work on emotion analysis as output target with the Mindwave headset ?
It's because the Mindwave headset only contains one electrode on location of Fp1 on the forehead.I had actually used emotiv and it's kind of working though with 14 channels, but after I looked for different resources and discussions from the web, people seldom talk about the review of Mindwave headset.

Thank you !!! smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Non Local Mind
post May 10, 2015, 09:02 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 37688

Yes, you can use it for music app, but their algorithms are still VERY week. They can identify only few very basic emotions, and accuracy is so so... Doesn't work with anything subtle... pretty basics...
+Quote Post
Meekah
post May 12, 2015, 07:54 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 37689

QUOTE(kitten in christ @ Sep 02, 2014, 03:36 PM) *

Hi all , I am a newbie of Neuroscience and going to work on the association of music and emotion using Neurosky Mindwave headset.
Although I got lots of questions to start with, the first thing is that does someone know is it possible to work on emotion analysis as output target with the Mindwave headset ?
It's because the Mindwave headset only contains one electrode on location of Fp1 on the forehead.I had actually used emotiv and it's kind of working though with 14 channels, but after I looked for different resources and discussions from the web, people seldom talk about the review of Mindwave headset.

Thank you !!! smile.gif

You may want to try a new brainwave headgear that will accurately read the brainís cognitive signals. It's launching soon on Indiegogo. But meanwhile, you can check out Neeuro now.
+Quote Post
GodConsciousness
post May 20, 2015, 05:04 AM
Post #4

Demi-God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 5683

I've used NeuroSky myself and its pretty cool. We do have them available at BioScience Nutraceuticals http://biosciencenutra.com/index.php?route...&product_id=159
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 02:52 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright © BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles