> Lucid Dreaming (Vitaming B6)
Onfire
post May 23, 2014, 08:48 AM
Post #1

Awakening

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 5240

Vitamin B6

2002, a double-blind study revealed that participants who took a daily 250mg B6 supplement reported a significant increase in dream content - as measured in dream vividness, bizarreness, emotionality and color.
This is actually greater than the recommended maximum daily intake for healthy adults, which is 100mg. In fact, you only need about 1.3mg of vitamin B6 each day, and you usually get that from the foods you eat.
So 100mg a day is a sizeable dose, especially if you take it on a prolonged basis. In the study above, participants took the 250mg dose for just 3 days. So this is not a long term experiment and should be maintained at your own discretion.
How much is too much? Doses of 500-1,000mg, taken daily for several months, can lead to sensory neuropathy (pain and numbness of the extremities).
To get started, know this: casual experiments by other dreamers have shown the amount of B6 needed to increase dream intensity varies from 100-500mg depending on the person.
I suggest starting with Nature Made Vitamin B6 (100mg) about two hours before bed for just a few nights in a row, then have a break for a few weeks. If you don't see any benefit, increase the nightly dose at your own risk, but remember not to do this on a prolonged basis.
Unfortunately, if you don't want to take a B6 supplement, you'll have to eat a heck of a lot of B6-rich foods to make that 100mg quota. Even the richest B6 foods take a long time to stack up: a cup of rice bran contains only 4.8mg, while yellow-fin tuna offers 0.88mg in a 3-ounce serving. So as far as B6 goes, supplements are the realistic way to go.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dr_Tsoni
post Nov 27, 2014, 06:57 AM
Post #2

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 37460

It's also said that taking vitamin B12 enhances dream experience and gives you more vivid and more colorful dreams. I have tried that a couple of times but I can't say if it's true because my dreams are usually pretty exciting and live-life but with a sci-fi tone to them smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2017 - 11:21 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles