Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Great Aunt......... :'(
Apathy186
post May 06, 2003, 06:02 AM
Post #1

Awakening

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 36

she had to be put in a nursing home two weeks ago-this never should have happened-her son who is a waste of space on this earth has lived with her all his life-he has no respect for her and abuses her-i have no doubt in my mind that her deteriorating health is due to him and his wife abusing her all her life.....and after all my great aunt has done for them and all the shit they have put her through-she still loves her son-but i know hw will not visit her  >:(

anyway

i just got back from visiting her.....i actually sat in my car for like half and hour before i went inside-i wasn't sure what to expect-my grandmother and aunt had visited her not too long ago and said all she did was cry and ask them to take her home.....and i knew if she was going to do that, that i wouldn't be able to handle it

.....soon as i walk in the room the first thing she says to me is, "Pray for me, i'm dieing" OMG i was ready to burst into tears  :'( .....then she wanted to be put in her bed-said all she wants to do is just cry

i stayed there for a while, she fell asleep and i stayed b/c i didn't want her to wake up with no one there-when she woke up i told her i had to leave....she kept saying, "i'm afraid", "Don't leave me alone", "i'm lonely, no one loves me"........i hated leaving her there-if i could i would have taken her home and devoted every second to trying to make her happy and comfortable

i brought her a huge teddy bear-she said she didn't even want to look at it

i brought her some of my poems(i picked ones that weren't sad) but i really don't know why-she's 92 and can't read them-so i just left them there on the table-maybe someone can read them to her....... :-/

after i finally left....which took forever for me to actually bring myself to leave her side-i went out to my car and cried my eyes out.......it's just not fair-she doesn't deserve any of this  :'(
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
roachman1215
post May 06, 2003, 06:10 AM
Post #2

Overlord

Member No.: 390

Crissy,
I wish that i had the right words to help you ease the pain in your heart. All I can say is that you, and your Aunt will be in my thoughts and prayers. Your Aunt knows that you love her, and maybe, in some way, that love will help her. My heart goes out to both of you.

James
+Quote Post
Apathy186
post May 06, 2003, 06:24 AM
Post #3

Awakening

Thank you so much James
+Quote Post
roachman1215
post May 06, 2003, 06:26 AM
Post #4

Overlord

Member No.: 390

Just know that you are a part of the Family here; and therefore, you are part of my family.
+Quote Post
Dara
post May 06, 2003, 10:59 AM
Post #5

God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 99

Chrissy,

Your story sounds terribly close to one of my own. In my case, it was my grandmother who was being abused by her grandson(my brother). My poor grandmother was attacked by him one day in her appartment, which she shared with him, rent FREE. She almost died, and form that day on she lived in nursing homes and hospitals. My sweet, dear grandma refused to press charges on her grandson, regardless that he nearly killed her.

I am so sorry for your situation. All i can say is that maybe visiting as often as you can will reassure your Aunt that she IS loved and needed. My grandma has since died, and I long for just oNE more moment with her, even sitting in the nursing home with her...

Good luck and keep us posted, ok?

Love and sympathey,
Dara
+Quote Post
Apathy186
post May 06, 2003, 11:08 AM
Post #6

Awakening

THanks again James *hugs*

Dara,
i am sorry to hear about your grandmother....and thank you for your kind words-i will visit her again and i made sure to tell her that too...i will let you know how she's doing after i visit her next
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th November 2014 - 01:32 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog