Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Family Un-Togetherness
Dara
post Mar 21, 2003, 08:26 AM
Post #1

God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 99

I have a family that is a REEEEEEEEEAL mess! I have had NO contact with my father for over 9 years, thanks be to GOD! ANd recently I have discovered that my mother is no better than he is, so I have basicaly cut her out of my heart. She is still a part of my life, as I do speak to her on occasion, unlike my father who I will NEVER speak to again.
I have a VERY broken family. My only grandmother died a few years ago. My fathers parents are alive, but we have no contact either, we never did really. I did meet them a few times, but thats all. My only aunt was not a part of my childhood for many years, she didnt talk to my mother and in turn, had nothing to do with me either. Basically, I was ALONE all my life. I mean ALONE! I was not alloewd out of the house, only for school, and then when I was able to work, then for work. But thats all. I had my cat to save me from the hell of lonliness, thank god, if not for her, I would be LONG gone...

Well, that is a TINY bit of my family insanity...what's yours?

Love, Dara
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
angelroze
post Mar 21, 2003, 11:36 AM
Post #2

Demi-God

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 31

[glow=red,2,300]dude are you ok??why dont you want to ever talk to your dad again??? you basically alreay dknow me lol but are you ok??ROoze*[/glow]
+Quote Post
Dara
post Mar 21, 2003, 10:54 PM
Post #3

God

Thanks Roze!
I am ok, yeah..for the most part, I mean, I could be worse!

As for my father, you can read about him in the abuse forum here...it should explain why I have no contact with him, and never again will...Sorry I am not more clear here, it is just hard to talk about. I can write poems abou tit, or answer peple about their own abuse, but when it comes to my own, I am VERY vague!

Do you want to tell me about your family?
Thanks for caring!
Love, Dara
+Quote Post
EyeKandi
post Mar 22, 2003, 02:26 AM
Post #4

Awakening

Member No.: 150

My Family picture...

We have a family that doesnt even seem to be existant anymore .... both my parents are happily married to each other... i have two caring older brothers, and i dog... so you would think man her family life must rock...

My dad doesnt even realize i exist have the time, unless im going out somewhere, then its where are you going who are you with when will you be home, and calling me on my cell phone every 5 seconds just to make sure im still there.... but at home?.... i say hey dad... he doesnt even hear me... and the worst part? im such a daddy's girl to a dad who is realey even there...

then we have my oh so lovely mother... or not so... she can be nice.. i mean shes a bit more leaniet (or was) and she does listen... but nothing i do is ever good enough, or right, Im a disappointment in her eyes... once i said i know im not the daughter you want... and she said in return.. your the daughter i wanted, you just need to shape up... i mean what the hell is that supposed to mean?

then we have My eldest brother he lives in indiana, and is pretty much ingolfed in work, and parties with friends... he calls but never really wants to talk to me just mom or dad, if he has a question

the theres Ian... my other brother... lately we've become a bit closer... but i dont know its like i can't really talk to him, there's so much i want to say but it never seems like the right time, and i only see him about 1 or 2 a year, and hes moving to california in august so i guess time is short....

so thats my family... not so perfect huh?....

Later,
Anne
+Quote Post
Hi-top
post Mar 22, 2003, 03:59 PM
Post #5

Unregistered

geeze Gurlie thats pretty bad
I guess if a dog is man's best friend
then cats are womens' best friend  lol
+Quote Post
The_Raven
post Mar 23, 2003, 11:09 AM
Post #6

Unregistered

my family is almost exactly like that just i see my dad and feel the same way about him as i do my mom

life sux
+Quote Post
angelroze
post Mar 23, 2003, 03:58 PM
Post #7

Demi-God

Member No.: 31

oh wow you guys im so sorry!! and i really dont mean to be all dumb and alwasy saks are you ok.. but are you ok?? lol ROoze*
+Quote Post
pariah
post Apr 29, 2003, 10:33 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 351

Yeah nobody has a perfect family life.
I think that if such a family did exist it'd be considered abnormal to the rest of the world.

I get along fine with my Dad.
It's my Mom whose always bitching about me being lazy.
She cracks me up. One minute she will be all proud of my accomplishments and the next she turns into a screaming banshee. LITERALLY!

I swear I've come close to losing my mind!!
Hell after my parents' divorce I fell into a deep depression and she still bitched at me EVEN THEN!
She considered me to be mentally unstable and forced me to take antidepressants.
Those fuckin' pills made me feel even worse!

Luckily I grew out of my depression after 3yrs.But only because I helped myself.I decided to just move on and forget all of her bullshit.
The one thing that gets to me is that people will constantly tell me to love my mother.
I do respect her.I even like her a little.
But I am still VERY unsure if I love her.
At one point in my life I honestly did.
But it faded rapidly.
I will ALWAYS have that memory of her provoking my depression. :-[ tongue.gif :-[
+Quote Post
Dara
post Apr 29, 2003, 10:42 AM
Post #9

God

WOW, I hear ya! I HATE when people tell me, "Oh, you love your mother", or "She loves you, she couldn't be that bad". HOW can people know what I lived through, what ANY of us lived through? It makes me doubt my own felings when I hear thins like that, like, maybe they are right. But I know in my heart that my mother doesn't love me, nor did she ever love me or any of her kids. Love is not what we lived through at her mercy. I wouldnt let my animlas suffer as she let her kids, and I didn't give birth to them! I just cannot understnad how a mother could sacrafice her children like mine did. I feel absolute nothingness in my heart for either of my arents. Not love, not hate, NOTHING. I guess it is too painful to feel anything.

THanks for the reply, I understand you fully, and I hope it helps you to write about your feelings here, where you will not be judged!

Love,
Dara
+Quote Post
pariah
post Apr 29, 2003, 02:52 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 351

smile.gif
Yes it helps to know that there is a place to vent my frustrations.
+Quote Post
Sassyone
post May 17, 2003, 01:58 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 405

WOW!!!!  I am relatively new to this site, and was just browsing thru some of the topics and decided to read this particular one....I am probably not fit to "give advice" but I would like to tell each of you (that went thru hell and back, it seems) that I can't even begin to imagine the pain and hurt you must feel.  This topic really touched my heart, as I have five (YE GADS!!!) children myself, whom I love with EVERY OUNCE OF MY BEING and I HOPE TO GOD that they know that they are DEARLY LOVED, APPRECIATED and CHERISHED!!!  I only wish that those of you writing about your "not-so-great" ( an understatement, I'm sure) could have FELT that, so I guess in a way what I'm trying to say is that you have HELPED me by remembering to ALWAYS tell my kids, and to SHOW them, that they are the most important people in the world to me.  I am sorry for all the bullshit you guys have had to go thru and I hope (and pray!) that some day, some how, you are able to realize that the things that you went thru will only make YOU stronger and BETTER people.     Love to all!!!

Sue
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 03:17 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog