BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Which supplements for improved sleep quality?, Getting good sleep after Nootropics
Maxpower
post Mar 09, 2014, 07:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 37031

I have been studying up on different Racetams and will be putting an order through soon. I sometimes have difficulties getting enough sleep during important events and end up worn out after a few days of competition. I have been taking Unisom sleeping pills very occasionally and they work well for me. I was wondering though if there are any other preferred sleep aids to help get good quality sleep and to wake up refreshed, not feeling half stoned for a few hours.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GodConsciousness
post Mar 10, 2014, 07:02 AM
Post #2

Demi-God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 5683

valerian root may help.
+Quote Post
ActualizingSelf
post Mar 12, 2014, 03:46 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 37044

American psychologist Abraham Maslow believed in a hierarchy of needs. He created a five-level pyramid of needs that must be met for an individual to move upward to their full potential. The first level of the pyramid is the physiological needs, including air, water, food, shelter, sleep and sex. The remaining 4 levels sequentially are security needs, social needs, esteem needs, and self-actualization. Self-actualization is where one meets his or her full potential. Considering the 24/7 society we live in, achieving a good night's sleep requires behavioral changes.
+Quote Post
Maxpower
post Mar 13, 2014, 12:35 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 37031

QUOTE(ActualizingSelf @ Mar 12, 2014, 03:46 PM) *

American psychologist Abraham Maslow believed in a hierarchy of needs. He created a five-level pyramid of needs that must be met for an individual to move upward to their full potential. The first level of the pyramid is the physiological needs, including air, water, food, shelter, sleep and sex. The remaining 4 levels sequentially are security needs, social needs, esteem needs, and self-actualization. Self-actualization is where one meets his or her full potential. Considering the 24/7 society we live in, achieving a good night's sleep requires behavioral changes.

And until I can retire and change my behaviour, what do you suggest?
I realise what you say. Our minds are under constant stimulation. Maybe 200 years ago, with no electricity, no TV, sleep patterns may have been different. Or maybe they just didn't have to wake up at 5.00am and do 13 Hr shifts.
+Quote Post
Brain Hacker
post Dec 22, 2016, 03:08 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 38382

I having been using l-theanine stacked with Lions Mane Mushroom. I used it for increased focus throughout the day at first but also found that come night time, it really conked me out. It's all natural as well so no side effects. I actually was reading about it over at brainsupplementreviews.net if you want some ideas.
+Quote Post
The Smart One
post Jul 09, 2017, 06:02 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 38723

I second valerian root. I use dried root and basically make tea out of it. Itís pretty simple. Pour boiling water over a teaspoon of the stuff and steep for 8 minutes. Drink it about an hour before bedtime. After two weeks of doing this, I was sleeping like a baby.
+Quote Post
Brain.Booster
post Nov 03, 2017, 05:18 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 39330

Chamomile tea is meant to be quite helpful for sleep. I've recently been trying magnesium supplements too and they seem helpful.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 10:58 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright © BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles