Reply to this topicStart new topic
> polyvagal theory and deep trauma healing
courant d'air haut
post Feb 14, 2014, 02:08 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 36997

Hello,

I am looking for information related to the Polyvagal Theory of Dr. Stephen Porges. My interest is in healing deep trauma with a combination of approaches, some of them quite ancient. I left some questions on Dr. Porges's site, but who knows if I will get a response? My questions are about the ontogeny and phylogeny of the autonomic nervous system, with special attention to the two branches of the vagus nerve and their relation to the so-called 'fight or flight' response. Ideally, my hope is that someone on this forum is knowledgeable about this area.

I am not sure if this would be the best section of this forum or even the best forum. Suggestions and redirects would be welcome. Reading suggestions and websites too. As Wikipedia says: "Porges is a neuroscientist with particular interests in understanding the neurobiology of social behavior. His research crosses disciplines and he has published in anesthesiology, critical care medicine, ergonomics, exercise physiology, gerontology, neurology, obstetrics, pediatrics, psychiatry, psychology, space medicine, and substance abuse." His work is hard to label neatly.

Thank you all for any assistance.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Flex
post Feb 14, 2014, 03:05 PM
Post #2

God

Member No.: 5877

This is the first time I have heard of Polyvagal Theory. Sounds cool. Maybe you could post some of what you have found here so we can get our own discussion going?
+Quote Post
munin
post Mar 23, 2014, 11:53 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 36288

Using Google you will find a lot of info on Stephen Porges and Polyvagal theory. His research is definitely important, and worth studying and discussing, but for my part I will have to upgrade my knowledge of the vagus and trigeminal nerves before I study his work in detail.
By the way, this is the most important piece of info I have found on this forum so far. Thanks, both to the forum and the poster.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2017 - 11:35 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles