Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rank Vector Entropy/Leaky integrators, Rank vector entropy, MEG
hallmbh
post Jan 13, 2014, 02:16 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 36942

Hi All,

I am currently looking at the Robinson et al. (2013) paper on rank vector entropy in MEG (doi: 10.3389/fncom.2012.00101). Due to my lack of calculus/general physics knowledge I am struggling to understand what role the 'leaky integrator' performs in this algorithm (or what a leaky integrator does in general?).

Essentially a state histogram is produced counting all the occurrences of the rank vector states, however this just produces the absolute entropy across time once Shannon's entropy has been applied. Am I right in thinking by introducing a time constant using the leaky integrator we are able to measure the relative fluctuations in entropy over time as opposed to the absolute entropy? And if so, how does the introduction of a time constant or leaky integrator achieve this? (I'm not sure mathematically how this gives us temporal information).

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong section or exposes my complete lack of knowledge!

Many thanks,

Mike
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
stephenrobin
post Oct 31, 2014, 01:33 AM
Post #2

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 37402

And if so, how does the introduction of a time constant or leaky integrator achieve this? (I'm not sure mathematically how this gives us temporal informatio
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2017 - 02:51 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles