Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Would brains develop sooner if...?
Luvx
post Dec 10, 2013, 06:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 36700

I am hearing from multiple sources that the human brain doesn't finish developing till 25. However, Dr. Robert Epstein, a critic of the stage we call "adolescence," says that it's because young people are forced to be immature longer than necessary and that our outside environment influences our brain. I hear people talk about how at the beginning of high school students are still in their middle school immaturity but later they mature. If the age of majority was set at, lets say, 15, would people act mature faster? Would the parts of the brain that link actions to consequences develop sooner? Would they be ready to make big decisions earlier (i.e. marriage, military)?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jacobie
post Nov 16, 2016, 08:40 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 38419

QUOTE(Luvx @ Dec 10, 2013, 06:20 PM) *

I am hearing from multiple sources that the human brain doesn't finish developing till 25. However, Dr. Robert Epstein, a critic of the stage we call "adolescence," says that it's because young people are forced to be immature longer than necessary and that our outside environment influences our brain. I hear people talk about how at the beginning of high school students are still in their middle school immaturity but later they mature. If the age of majority was set at, lets say, 15, would people act mature faster? Would the parts of the brain that link actions to consequences develop sooner? Would they be ready to make big decisions earlier (i.e. marriage, military)?

This is just my take on it, i dont have any scientific studies but i think that the enviroment does take an effect on ones brain but i think its still going to develop until 25 just to the highest potential in comparison to someone that is immateur.
+Quote Post
Garridad
post Jun 24, 2017, 02:50 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 38725

We used to think that the brain was fully developed by very early teenagerhood and we now realise that the brain doesn't stop developing until mid-20s or even early 30s. There's a lot more information and evidence to suggest that actually brain development in various forms goes on throughout the life span.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2017 - 06:24 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles