> TDCS and OCD with Trans-Cranial Tech Kit
tkexer
post Nov 16, 2013, 04:17 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 36438

Hi

BACKGROUND

I have severe OCD and underwent a QEEG scan by my clinical neuro-scientist last month. It showed high activities in the left frontal cortex.

I asked him what this meant and he said that it's OCD. Later, he recommended the Oasis Pro TDCS device from Mind Alive.

However, the machine leaves much to be desired. It's either no signal (red bars) or causes too much burning on my scalp. I've tried everything, such as reducing/increasing NaCL, reducing/increasing water, trying out different sponges with varying thickness, cleaning my hair thoroughly with no conditioner and a different permutation of the above.

QUESTIONS
Thinking of ordering from Trans-Cranial Technologies

1. Will the device work with OCD (inhibiting neuronal activity using cathodal stimulation)? A lot of information on the website pertains to the opposite: exciting the neuronal activity (ie. Depression, pain)

2. Which color electrode is for anodal and which is for cathodal? There's black and red. None of the manuals mention which colour is for which.

3. Any one can share their experience with this device? On another website, one person says it doesn't work and another says it works perfectly....

Would appreciate your opinion. Thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2017 - 09:54 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles