BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Good supplement-stack for Bipolar disorder?, bipolar, lithium orotate, omega-3, DLPA
Stinkorninjor
post Oct 01, 2013, 04:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 35870

Hiya! =) Here's some background on what I'm trying to do:

I have just recently met a lady-friend that I have become fairly enfatuated with, but she has been very hard to read, and somewhat unpredictable. You'd think this would be a good thing, but alas, it is sometimes to the rather extreme.

I have found out precisely why this might be, shortly after meeting her: BIPOLAR disorder. She has told me that she was diagnosed with this only a few years ago ( she's around 28 right now), and that she is currently not on any medication.

I have been studying nootropic-stacks recently, because of my own ADD-disorder ( which I have not gotten medical treatment for yet, that treatment won't begin for at least 6 months, I imagine, the waiting-lines are intense), so I got to the idea that I should put together a stack for HER as well! =)

Now, as I understand it, there are actually perhaps only two key-supplements that may improve Bipolar-disorder pretty dramatically: Lithium Orotate and regular Omega-3.

So, what would you guys suggest is a good stack for somebody with Bipolar-disorder?

I'm thinkin' somethin' like this myself:

Lithum Orotate 240 mg

Omega-3 oils 600 mg ( I figure an about even mix of EPA and DHA)

DLPA - this is mostly just for when she could theoretically feel foggy, "zombie" if you like ,from the Lithium Orotate. I have no idea about the doses tho'? Do people actually at all get trouble with mental fog from the orotate-form? Or is that merely at the higher doses used with Carbonate and Citrate?
Anyways, some people report low dopamine-levels from Lithium, so that's why I put it in the stack. I really don't want her to feel foggy, she takes great pride in her creativity, and she would probably feel negative regarding supplement treatment, if she got foggy.

All right, I think this could be a good start, but anything else that you guys have to add, would be greatly appreciated. =) Especially some more info on the effects and necessity of DLPA, in a potential bipolar-stack.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mban
post Jan 04, 2014, 12:46 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 33929

I would NOT start her off on 240mg of lithium orotate! That is a pretty high dose (I assumed by 240mg you were referring to the elemental form). If you haven't started yet, I would suggest starting around 20mg elemental per day and see how that works. Increase daily dosage by 20-40mg or so by week.

You can go even higher dose for the omega-3 oils, in the range of 600-2000mg should be alright.
+Quote Post
mban
post Jan 04, 2014, 01:06 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 33929

You could also try hormonal/neurotransmitter regulators such as:

Maca - 500-1000mg 2x per day - Be careful not to combine with too much DLPA

Eleuthero - 200mg 2x per day - Again, be careful not to combine with too much DLPA
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2017 - 10:23 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles