Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pramiracetam log
Jakey
post May 25, 2013, 08:31 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 35134

Hey guys!

This is a log of the effect of pramiracetam on me.
I've ordered 10g to see if it actually works before I buy in bulk.

Day 1
My scales haven't come yet so I improvised and took 1/8 of a teaspoon... Roughly about 238mg as 10000mg/42 = 238. I used a 1/4 measuring spoon to make the 42 piles. Not accurate I know but I'm improvising until my scales arrive. I mixed it with some milk after I ate a small pizza and a flapjack as pramiracetam is lipid soluble. THIS STUFF TASTES WORSE THAN ANYTHING YOU COULD IMAGINE. I got through the stuff and sat down to watch tv for a while to let it kick in. I felt tired for about 30 minutes then a bit of stomach pain for about 10. I took some cod liver tablets which contain 240mg omega 3. Took 2 of them. They seem to have no effect at all 2 hours later. I did some revision for about 40 minutes and I'm now writing this. I feel like the information is going in slightly quicker than before... However this could just be a placebo effect.

I have ordered some gel capsules but they won't be here till mid next week due to the bank holiday.
I'm gonna try taking the pramiracetam by placing it between jam or peanut butter tomorrow morning.

This is the first time I've ever taken anything like this so it can't be tolerance. Maybe it just takes a few days to kick in.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jakey
post May 25, 2013, 01:31 PM
Post #2

Took just very slightly under 1/4 teaspoon of pramiracetam between two small pieces of bread with a large amount of jam. I cut it in half and just dropped them right at the back of my throat and chased it with a glass of water. Surprisingly it worked quite well, only tasted it very slightly!

As for the effect I think this worked a bit. However, the first time I took it my brain felt a bit tingely within 10-15 minutes. This time nothing. I sat and waited for about 30 minutes and then revised for about an hour and a half. Usually I get distracted at about 40 minutes. Also, information seemed to be quickly remember and recalled. Equations, definitions and calculations seemed to be much easier to remember. Especially as I hated this part the most I actually seemed to enjoy it. My mood seems to have been lifted slightly. (Opposite to the side effect I believe?)

All in all I think the extra dose worked well, hopefully if I keep tweaking I'll find the right amount that works for me. I'm not taking any choline atm as I'm only sampling this. I think I'll order some next week depending if I continue to see good results!
+Quote Post
Jakey
post May 26, 2013, 03:36 PM
Post #3

Day 2

Took just under 1/4 teaspoon and again it had little to no effect. Around 4 hours later I took just over 1/4 of a teaspoon and I managed to get about 1.5 hours work done in this time without getting distracted.

Still not sure if it worked, didn't really feel much. Felt a slight tingling sensation. Tomorrow morning I'm going to take two 1/4 teaspoons and see if that works.

One thing I have noticed is a loss of appetite. I had breakfast today and took the pram and didnt feel hungry for most the day. I only ate a small amount of fatty food for the second dose. I also drank two glasses of milk for a source of fat. I'm not sure if this is a side effect or not.

My recall also seems about the same as before which is a bit disappointing. I still haven't had any headaches so I don't think I'll need to take any CDP choline.

Also, my pram package from intellimeds says to take between 600mg and 1200mg. Is it weaker as most places I've seen can say you can have as little as 150mg
+Quote Post
Jakey
post May 27, 2013, 01:31 PM
Post #4

Day 3

Took 1/4 first thing in the morning after breakfast and it seemed to have no effect on my revision.

About 3-4 hours later I took 2 1/4 doses and felt slightly more alert for about 20 minutes. Possible placebo affect. The pramiracetam doesnt seem to be making much difference so ordered some CDP Choline. Anyone know how much of this I should take with the pram? A ratio please!

I will continue taking the pramiracetam as I have 10g of it. I'll take 2 1/4 spoons first thing in the morning and again mid day to see if that makes a difference. I'm parachuting the powder at the moment until the gel capsules I ordered arrive!
+Quote Post
Jakey
post May 29, 2013, 02:12 AM
Post #5

Day 4

Took pram first thing in the morning with a table spoon of olive oil. Had no effect. Took some more about 4 hours later, only 300mg rather than 600 still no effect. I then decided to take 150mg about 4 hours after that and I felt very unfocused, tired and my brain was foggy.

Will update tomorrow when hopefully I have some choline
+Quote Post
Jakey
post May 29, 2013, 11:36 AM
Post #6

Day 5

Wow...

My choline and gel caps arrived today.
150pram to 100choline and no effect. 3-4 hours later 250 pram : 200 CDP choline and I was razor sharp. I was so focused on my revision. Revised for 3 hours, everything went in so quickly. I took a break and ate dinner and by the time I wanted to do more revision the pram had worn off.

First effect it's had on me and it was great. I felt good, my brain has felt slightly weird today. A dull pain all over.. Any ideas what it is? WHY IS CHOLINE SO EXPENSIVE:( I'll run out fairly quickly of it this rate! I'm gonna take 300mg pram tomorrow with 150cdp choline and see how that works out!

Can I cap both the CDP Choline and pram together?
Also, by the time I've finished weighing my choline it's gone clumpy and sticks the my scales. Is it just really sensitive to humidity?
+Quote Post
Jakey
post May 30, 2013, 04:13 AM
Post #7

Is there a possibility that it's just the choline that is helping me focus as that is the only thing that seems to have improved. My memory is about the same. It's only very slightly better
+Quote Post
5hadow12ogue
post May 30, 2013, 03:07 PM
Post #8

Aspiring

Member No.: 33923

I believe that Pramiracetam's chief memory improvement is in regards to short term memory. I could be mistaken and have it backwards, but I would suggest giving some Piracetam a go as it has a great deal of side benefits beyond helping improve overall long term memory and memory recall.
+Quote Post
Jakey
post May 30, 2013, 11:52 PM
Post #9

Day 6

300mg pram 150mg choline.

Could concentrate like a hawk. I revised for about 3 hours and chose to have a break. The effects wore off so I took another dose. This time 350mg and 100mg choline. Again this worked but the effects seemed to have worn of rather quickly. I took another dose of 350mg pram and did some more work for about an hour. Nothing major there. It seems like it's just the choline working rather than the pram.

5hadow12ouge - I thought pramiracetam was just more potent than piracetam but they both had similar effects? I probably won't have time to get piracetam as my exams are in a week.

Does anyone else know if pramiracetam only helps short term memory?
Would you suggest that I don't take it considering I need it for revision?
+Quote Post
Jakey
post May 31, 2013, 02:34 PM
Post #10

Day 7

Took 350mg pram and 150mg of choline with my breakfast. Also omega 3 capsule and cod liver oil capsule. Could concentrate for again about 2.5/3 hours then I behind to get slightly distracted.

I decided to continue without it and was able to continue doing work but it was harder to motivate myself.

I took another dose of pramiracetam 350mg with my dinner and there didnt really seem to be much of an effect. I think it's just the choline that's helping me concentrate. Any ideas why the prams not working? Shall I reduce or increase the dose?
+Quote Post
prahasti
post Dec 26, 2015, 09:16 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 38032

QUOTE(Jakey @ May 31, 2013, 02:34 PM) *

Day 7

Took 350mg pram and 150mg of choline with my breakfast. Also omega 3 capsule and cod liver oil capsule. Could concentrate for again about 2.5/3 hours then I behind to get slightly distracted.

I decided to continue without it and was able to continue doing work but it was harder to motivate myself.

I took another dose of pramiracetam 350mg with my dinner and there didnt really seem to be much of an effect. I think it's just the choline that's helping me concentrate. Any ideas why the prams not working? Shall I reduce or increase the dose?

hello jakey
i read your posts as i was going through my nootropic research.
what happened after wards ?
do you still use them ?
what do you take nowadays?
i like to start using nootropic as my exams are making my head hurt.
so please give me some advise.about nootropics.
+Quote Post
handshaker
post Jan 15, 2016, 03:41 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 38039

QUOTE(Jakey @ May 25, 2013, 01:31 PM) *

Took just very slightly under 1/4 teaspoon of pramiracetam between two small pieces of bread with a large amount of jam. I cut it in half and just dropped them right at the back of my throat and chased it with a glass of water. Surprisingly it worked quite well, only tasted it very slightly!

As for the effect I think this worked a bit. However, the first time I took it my brain felt a bit tingely within 10-15 minutes. This time nothing. I sat and waited for about 30 minutes and then revised for about an hour and a half. Usually I get distracted at about 40 minutes. Also, information seemed to be quickly remember and recalled. Equations, definitions and calculations seemed to be much easier to remember. Especially as I hated this part the most I actually seemed to enjoy it. My mood seems to have been lifted slightly. (Opposite to the side effect I believe?)

All in all I think the extra dose worked well, hopefully if I keep tweaking I'll find the right amount that works for me. I'm not taking any choline atm as I'm only sampling this. I think I'll order some next week depending if I continue to see good results!

Hi,

I am very very surprised you managed to take Pramiracetam orally!! It's one of the most foul tasting chemicals i've ever had. Have you not thought about investing in some capsules so you don't ave to taste it?

Pramiaracetam's effects are so subtle, it might be a good idea to try making up two identical looking capsules and let a friend randomly give you one of them, to know if you're experiencing a placebo effect...
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2017 - 06:40 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles