Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dream theory
buckyboom101
post Mar 03, 2013, 12:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 34960

in order to really understand my Dream theory you have to think of it as a Microsoft Office program were your saving a document, but to a different location in your computer. Now that you know that i can tell you. The reason we have dreams according to my theory is its a part of the short term memory to long term memory system. the reason we have the dreams is because when those memories are being transferred to long term memories your subconscious has to basically reopen the memory "go to file, save as, then save it to a different location (a.k.a long term memory)."The part of the memory we experience as a dream is do to that process taking place. The reason that we can rarely seem to remember the dream or why it's usually so foggy is because while we are sleeping our conscious mind slows down and cant register information as fast as if it were awake and alert. Also if you do happen to remember your dreams a lot you would always notice that the faces of the people in your dreams and things like that always seem to be someone or something you have seen fairly recently. The reasons when we dream there always is something that's just not right because like i said before are conscious mind can't process the information fast enough, so what it does is it fills in whats missing with something that is thinks would fit, but your stress levels, emotion, and other things along those lines would affect what your brain fills the gap with.

(btw im only a high school freshman so i have no proper training or education in this i just managed to piece it together from what i've taught my self.)

have anything else to add or any opinions about it just lat me know
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
utnap
post Mar 16, 2013, 07:36 PM
Post #2

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 7055

I think you theory fits quite well into the state of current neuroscience research on dreams. I would venture an addition to it. We know that once recalled a memory must be reconsolidated to be preserved, so when during a dream you access a short term memory to transfer it, that memory would be lost because it is not reconsolidated. One role for dreams then is essentially to purge a short term memory system from traces that failed to be transferred to longer-term storage over the course of the day, of the month, or of the year.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 07:57 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles