BrainMeta'                 

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Psychoneurology and neurobiology of laughter and humour.
Baz
post Jan 10, 2013, 09:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 34817

Is anyone interested in the nature of laughter and humor? Below is an essay that takes a new look at the natures of laughter and humor and their relationship on psychoneurological and neurobiological levels.

Introduction
In this essay I hypothesize that the laughter elicited by the processing of what we characterize as humorous events is an exapted vocal fight-or-flight displacement response. The circumstances in which displacement activities and laughing occur, and their general physiological effects, are compared, and neurophysiological evidence connecting laughter to "fight or flight" responses is presented. The relationship between laughter and humor is examined and an argument put forward against the use of the word "humor" other than as a heading of a general study as it defies any clear definition that can be meaningfully applied outside its cultural usage. The nature of the basic conflicts that cause animals and humans to indulge in displacement activities is considered in the context of joke structure, content and emotive effects. The endorphin/ laughter controversy is discussed and a possible explanation of laughter's immunological effects is given.

It seems that I have to submit further posts before I can place a url here, so anyone wanting to view my essay can Google: anewtheoryoflaughterandhumor - basilhughhall
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th November 2014 - 07:51 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog