Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> adenosine receptors implicated in some undefined neurological disease
gorge12
post Oct 11, 2012, 05:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 34606

I've been experiencing some very strange symptoms over the last couple of years and I was hoping someone could help me try to understand the science behind the problem I'm having both for curiousity's sake and also because I wouldn't mind getting better either. No doctor I've talked to thus far has had any clue what I've been talking about, and it's seemed that I've been more knowledgable on the subject than themselves.

What would cause you to feel good only during caffeine withdrawal OR during sleep deficit, and terrible at all other times?

The commonality between each of these situations is increased adenosine acitvity.

i.e. If you are sleep deprived more adenosine adheres to adenosine receptors and during caffeine withdrawal the number of adenosine receptors is upregulated so adenosine adheres to adenosine receptors more easily.
So just to make things crystal clear, under normal circumstances where I haven't consumed caffeine for a couple of weeks or more and consequently receptor levels are normal OR I have had sufficient sleep and I feel well rested I feel extremely bad. So during times of lower adenosine activity I feel terrible, and during times of increased adenosine activity I feel good (albeit slighty tired if Iím experiencing sleep deficit).

I have a strong suspicion that when I'm feeling bad, there's decreased blood flow to my brain because when I take vasodilators I feel much better.Also, adenosine functions as a vasodilator when it adheres to adenosine receptors (I think), so it's adenosine which is performing this vasodilation function when sleep deprived or experiencing caffeine withdrawal. Additionally, taking vasoconstrictors will make me feel much worse.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2017 - 12:00 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright © BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles