Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Whole Universe Simulation, Simulation Theory
neurokinetics
post Sep 16, 2012, 01:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 34044

I'd like to know what people think about simulating the universe on a computer.

If my logic is correct, then it will soon be possible to simulate the entire universe, and to then use the simulation as a model to design self-aware artificial intelligence.

Check it out: brentpeters.me/wp/2012/08/1008
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Sep 17, 2012, 09:18 AM
Post #2

Demi-God

Member No.: 32635

I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. At the moment we can't even simulate local phenomenon like weather and even if we do manage to get enough computing power then proper software is required.

If you only think of the lack of consensus on what intelligence is you can imagine that creating a software to emulate something not fully understood ougth to be difficult. Not talking here about a full universe unless is a very basic one.
+Quote Post
neurokinetics
post Sep 17, 2012, 09:26 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 34044

QUOTE(Jakare @ Sep 17, 2012, 10:18 AM) *

I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. At the moment we can't even simulate local phenomenon like weather and even if we do manage to get enough computing power then proper software is required.

If you only think of the lack of consensus on what intelligence is you can imagine that creating a software to emulate something not fully understood ougth to be difficult. Not talking here about a full universe unless is a very basic one.

Well the beauty about letting intelligence evolve from scratch is that we need not understand it.

Like you said, it's going to take some time before we have computer hardware capable of simulating an entire universe, but since consciousness is an emergent property, all we need to do is provide it with the right environment for growth and let it go.
+Quote Post
Fox Dame
post Oct 25, 2012, 08:58 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 34615

No surprises here. I am sure the universe is endless which is almost hard to comprehend in itself. It is amazing how far technology is moving and what we can now see that was not possible even ten years ago.http://www.buygw2golds.com
+Quote Post
Tyler Dur
post Sep 15, 2015, 02:32 PM
Post #5

Aspiring

Member No.: 37886

Honestly, I hope this is still open for discussion.

First of all: If life is a simulation, then how do we reach the top? Meaning, how do we escape this trapped place it is we're in.
Secondly: When we dream, we're not dreaming of another place in the world or universe for that place is in our mind and we're experiencing the past, present & future simultaneously. You're only in a short reality check and it feels like a dream because it's that vivid. When you wake up, you're just coming back to a longer and more realer dream.
Thirdly and lastly: To wake up from this simulation one must first be in connection with thyself. Not many people profoundly think about that sort of stuff. Everyone is close minded.
+Quote Post
AndresDawson
post Feb 06, 2016, 01:30 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 38075

Simulation Theory and the technical support is possible with the great advice/
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2017 - 08:10 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles