Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Neurofeedback -- Lot's of questions
niquil
post Sep 11, 2012, 05:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 34521

Well, first of let me say how excited I am about EEG technology being available to the masses now, I believe there is an unbelievable amount of knowledge/research available in this area that has yet to see its potential reached. Please bare with me as I have a lot of questions but are *very* important to me.

I am a pretty decent software developer looking to work very specifically with writing applications for the consumer market in an outpatient environment, ideally, I would like to have an initial evaluation done, recommend a type of treatment fine tuned, and follow up with results analyzed and adjusted as needed.
First of all -- How probable is this situation?

Does anyone recommend any books, software, or hardware that has helped them?

Does anyone have an opinion on Neurosky Mindwave that have the single Fp1 sensor vs something a little more broad such as the Emotiv Epoch? (Or even go all out with an OpenEEG?) If I'm not trying to detect abnormalities surely the Mindwave would give me enough insight (I do own the Mindwave, which I do find the indicators such as Attention/Meditation useful).

Lastly, I'm in school trying to do neuroscience but I would like to get some certifications, does anyone what it would take to get something such as the QEEG certification? The qualifications on school sound a little open-ended.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 01:35 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles