BrainMeta'                 

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Review of Phenylpiracetam, going over 4 days of testing of phenylpiracetam/phenotropil
neurofire
post Aug 13, 2012, 04:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 34383

I could not find good reviews of phenylpiracetam (phenotropil) here, so I tried it and am writing my own. I have tested this for 4 days (not consecutive) at different doses with different nootropics. I have experimented a lot with nootropics before so I am relatively familiar with how my body reacts to certain things.

Day 1:
I got 5-6 hrs of sleep the previous night, so I was very tired and groggy when I woke up. I took 100mg of phenylpiracetam and went to sleep for half an hour. I was expecting this insane rush of clarity and energy, since everyone seems to have so much hype about it being so powerful, and it must be insanely potent to be on the IOC's banned substances list. But it didn't come. I felt a different feeling, this positive sort of versatile energy. However, it was not the kick I needed to wake up so I took 200mg of caffeine to help it along.
Then I biked to class in the morning. I expected to feel this burst of physical energy but I didn't. However I didn't feel any fatigue from it either, so it was definitely having an effect. I had class for ~ 3 hours and noticed I could focus on words (verbal) a lot easier and my memory was sharper. My mind would wander off on side-tangents and then laser-focus back in. I felt a slight bit spacy (not brain fog) like I couldn't quite stay in one place mentally.
After that, I ate lunch and biked to work (4 hours of work). I noticed mental sharpness, conversation came easily, and I felt less fatigued. But near the end of work, I was surprised to find that fatigue was building up. It was not as effective in preventing fatigue for the long haul as I had hoped.
But upon my ride home, the fatigue dissolved away. I think it increased my recovery time since I took a break from work.
Upon getting home I took another 100mg just to test the effects some more. I felt more of that positive energy, which really hit the sweet spot 1-2 hrs after taking it. I did not feel motivated to do things in the same way I do when using L-phenylalanine or stimulants, but I did not feel tired either so I was able to knock out a bunch of household chores.

These effects were not likely placebo, since I was fully expecting something different than what I got.
Also, I live in the desert and it is summertime, so I did not notice any of the "cold-resistant" effects claimed for phenylpiracetam.

Day 2:
In order to test combos and dosage, I took 25mg phenylpiracetam with 475mg piracetam and 200mg caffeine. Wow, the world really sharpened up! It seems piracetam covers well for the "sides" of where phenylpiracetam doesn't (and here I would've thought phenylpiracetam would've included the effects of piracetam, but it doesn't!). I noticed colors were brighter (piracetam), but my focus was still narrow (phenylpiracetam). As strange as this sounds, I also noticed time dilation effects. Time seemed to move slower after taking it. Similarly, after biking from home to work I found the bike ride which would normally have taken at least 15m took 8m instead! I suspect these effects are the result of my mind and body becoming more efficient and less cluttered with spaciness and fatigue, and therefore I was able to do more in less time. I also noticed a decrease in appetite, and my reaction time to things was faster.

Day 3:
It was a Saturday and I was fully rested. In the morning I took 25mg of phenylpiracetam with 200mg caffeine. This got me up and out the door. I hung out with a friend and helped her study for her test, and the concepts were easily clear to me. I could read the practice questions with relative ease. After that, I had some errands to run and I did them easily. My vision kind of flickered when looking at moving objects similar to piracetam (I noticed this the previous test day, but since I had also taken piracetam I couldn't differentiate this effect). The appetite decrease returned on Day 3 just like Day 2, so it is likely due to phenylpiracetam since that's the only thing I took on Day 3.
After my errands were done I went home and took 25mg again and relaxed. But I quickly discovered that relaxing is not an easy feat on phenylpiracetam. If I took a walk to relax, I thought about all the other things I could be doing and wasn't. I had a costume party that evening, but I was going crazy with boredom that I wasn't doing anything at that moment! Surfing the net and watching TV were as enjoyable as ever though.

Day 4:
I took 25mg of phenylpiracetam with 200mg caffeine 475mg LPA (L-phenylalanine) since I had noticed a beautiful synergistic effect between LPA and pramiracetam, and to a lesser extent oxiracetam. However, this beautiful synergy did not occur; I felt as though I hadn't taken the LPA at all! I plowed through work, and then at the end took 475mg piracetam with 25mg phenylpiracetam. This sharpened things up and I kept going for the rest of the day (I'm writing this at the end of Day 4). I have ascertained that it has a relatively constant effect across a variety of conditions, enough to prove it effective for me.

I noticed the flickering, accelerated reaction time, and appetite-reducing effects again, and also occasionally when I am writing or talking words will go off track, but only rarely.

Conclusion:
For me, phenylpiracetam has the following effects:
  • positive mood
  • anti-fatigue
  • vision-flickering
  • increased auditory awareness
  • increased focus
  • faster reaction time
  • appetite reduction
It is synergistic with piracetam and not effective on its own at waking me up. I did notice that I seemed to get dehydrated faster as with oxiracetam. Again, I live in the desert so I cannot say if it increases cold tolerance but it did reduce heat fatigue. I did not notice any stimulant effects, but it seemed like fatigue didn't affect me so my natural physical energy carried on much further.

Note: I did not try it in excess of 100mg at a time, since the stuff is so danged expensive...

Thoughts? Stacking suggestions? Has anybody else tried this?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Neuroshark
post Aug 18, 2012, 01:06 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 34437

QUOTE(neurofire @ Aug 13, 2012, 08:49 PM) *

I could not find good reviews of phenylpiracetam (phenotropil) here, so I tried it and am writing my own. I have tested this for 4 days (not consecutive) at different doses with different nootropics. I have experimented a lot with nootropics before so I am relatively familiar with how my body reacts to certain things.

Day 1:
I got 5-6 hrs of sleep the previous night, so I was very tired and groggy when I woke up. I took 100mg of phenylpiracetam and went to sleep for half an hour. I was expecting this insane rush of clarity and energy, since everyone seems to have so much hype about it being so powerful, and it must be insanely potent to be on the IOC's banned substances list. But it didn't come. I felt a different feeling, this positive sort of versatile energy. However, it was not the kick I needed to wake up so I took 200mg of caffeine to help it along.
Then I biked to class in the morning. I expected to feel this burst of physical energy but I didn't. However I didn't feel any fatigue from it either, so it was definitely having an effect. I had class for ~ 3 hours and noticed I could focus on words (verbal) a lot easier and my memory was sharper. My mind would wander off on side-tangents and then laser-focus back in. I felt a slight bit spacy (not brain fog) like I couldn't quite stay in one place mentally.
After that, I ate lunch and biked to work (4 hours of work). I noticed mental sharpness, conversation came easily, and I felt less fatigued. But near the end of work, I was surprised to find that fatigue was building up. It was not as effective in preventing fatigue for the long haul as I had hoped.
But upon my ride home, the fatigue dissolved away. I think it increased my recovery time since I took a break from work.
Upon getting home I took another 100mg just to test the effects some more. I felt more of that positive energy, which really hit the sweet spot 1-2 hrs after taking it. I did not feel motivated to do things in the same way I do when using L-phenylalanine or stimulants, but I did not feel tired either so I was able to knock out a bunch of household chores.

These effects were not likely placebo, since I was fully expecting something different than what I got.
Also, I live in the desert and it is summertime, so I did not notice any of the "cold-resistant" effects claimed for phenylpiracetam.

Day 2:
In order to test combos and dosage, I took 25mg phenylpiracetam with 475mg piracetam and 200mg caffeine. Wow, the world really sharpened up! It seems piracetam covers well for the "sides" of where phenylpiracetam doesn't (and here I would've thought phenylpiracetam would've included the effects of piracetam, but it doesn't!). I noticed colors were brighter (piracetam), but my focus was still narrow (phenylpiracetam). As strange as this sounds, I also noticed time dilation effects. Time seemed to move slower after taking it. Similarly, after biking from home to work I found the bike ride which would normally have taken at least 15m took 8m instead! I suspect these effects are the result of my mind and body becoming more efficient and less cluttered with spaciness and fatigue, and therefore I was able to do more in less time. I also noticed a decrease in appetite, and my reaction time to things was faster.

Day 3:
It was a Saturday and I was fully rested. In the morning I took 25mg of phenylpiracetam with 200mg caffeine. This got me up and out the door. I hung out with a friend and helped her study for her test, and the concepts were easily clear to me. I could read the practice questions with relative ease. After that, I had some errands to run and I did them easily. My vision kind of flickered when looking at moving objects similar to piracetam (I noticed this the previous test day, but since I had also taken piracetam I couldn't differentiate this effect). The appetite decrease returned on Day 3 just like Day 2, so it is likely due to phenylpiracetam since that's the only thing I took on Day 3.
After my errands were done I went home and took 25mg again and relaxed. But I quickly discovered that relaxing is not an easy feat on phenylpiracetam. If I took a walk to relax, I thought about all the other things I could be doing and wasn't. I had a costume party that evening, but I was going crazy with boredom that I wasn't doing anything at that moment! Surfing the net and watching TV were as enjoyable as ever though.

Day 4:
I took 25mg of phenylpiracetam with 200mg caffeine 475mg LPA (L-phenylalanine) since I had noticed a beautiful synergistic effect between LPA and pramiracetam, and to a lesser extent oxiracetam. However, this beautiful synergy did not occur; I felt as though I hadn't taken the LPA at all! I plowed through work, and then at the end took 475mg piracetam with 25mg phenylpiracetam. This sharpened things up and I kept going for the rest of the day (I'm writing this at the end of Day 4). I have ascertained that it has a relatively constant effect across a variety of conditions, enough to prove it effective for me.

I noticed the flickering, accelerated reaction time, and appetite-reducing effects again, and also occasionally when I am writing or talking words will go off track, but only rarely.

Conclusion:
For me, phenylpiracetam has the following effects:
  • positive mood
  • anti-fatigue
  • vision-flickering
  • increased auditory awareness
  • increased focus
  • faster reaction time
  • appetite reduction
It is synergistic with piracetam and not effective on its own at waking me up. I did notice that I seemed to get dehydrated faster as with oxiracetam. Again, I live in the desert so I cannot say if it increases cold tolerance but it did reduce heat fatigue. I did not notice any stimulant effects, but it seemed like fatigue didn't affect me so my natural physical energy carried on much further.

Note: I did not try it in excess of 100mg at a time, since the stuff is so danged expensive...

Thoughts? Stacking suggestions? Has anybody else tried this?

I've tried Phenylpiracetam. It was IMO the most pronounced nootropic effect, similar in caliber to Pramiracetam. Make sure you stack this with enough choline bc it could leave you feeling spaced out. I stacked it with Oxiracetam and noticed a definite tunneling of attention, while still feeling mentally flexible. I will use it again.
+Quote Post
neurofire
post Aug 25, 2012, 03:56 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 34383

WOW good call! Oxiracetam stacks really well with phenylpiracetam, especially to shake off sleep. I don't seem to need choline supplements though, and trying them (DMAE or huperzine) doesn't seem to add anything to the stack except more $$$.

Personally, pram makes me depressed if I take too much (which is a moving target), while phenyl makes me energized and upbeat. But they are both great at making fatigue go away.
+Quote Post
Jessica T
post Nov 10, 2012, 06:26 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 34645

Good to hear iv'e been curious about this thanks for that great review! gonna order some from http://advancenootropics.com right now stuff aint cheap tho but i am def gonna try stacking it with oxiracetam
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 05:09 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog