BrainMeta'                 

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MDMA Experiences of Adults on Autism Spectrum, Seeking participants for dissertation survey research
Aylish
post Apr 13, 2012, 11:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 32782

I am a PhD student in clinical psychology at the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology in Palo Alto, California. I currently am collecting confidential survey data and conducting optional anonymous interviews for my dissertation on the MDMA (Ecstasy) experiences of adults on the autism spectrum, including but not limited to Asperger's Syndrome.

If you are an adult on the autism spectrum (age 21 or older), I invite you to consider participating in this research. **You are not required to have taken Ecstasy or any other recreational drug to participate.**

For details about the study, inclusion criteria, and how to enroll, please see:

www DOT danforthresearch DOT com (I have not posted often enough in this forum to post links, but I promise that this announcement is not spam. This is a legitimate research project which has been approved by an Ethics Committee.)

Additional information is available on the Facebook page: Search for "Adult Autism and MDMA Research"

Participants who complete the online surveys will have the option of receiving a summary report of key findings.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Aylish
post Jul 18, 2012, 08:03 PM
Post #2

Research Update: Since February, I have been collecting surveys and personal accounts from autistic/Aspergian adults (age 21+) who have had experiences with MDMA (Ecstasy) for my dissertation. Progress has been steady, and I have collected data from participants in 10 countries so far. Data collection is scheduled to conclude on July 31, 2012. For more information or to enroll, please use the link in the original post for this thread.

Participants who complete the study surveys will receive a summary report of key research findings upon completion of the study.
+Quote Post
Tone
post Jul 19, 2012, 06:46 AM
Post #3

Overlord

Member No.: 4916

its not gonna work, they'll forget the experience and revert back to original personalities, even remembering the experience will not enable it to be duplicated without MDMA. Would be the same as someone getting high and then being able to sometimes get high without the drug, just because they can remember the high, doesn't happen.

A better approach would be to raise the dose of Tianeptine and manufacture it world wide & Asperger's would just be another patient suitable to be on it constantly.

Sorry, I know your study is still interesting knowntheless, from a standpoint of scientific curiosity about the brain & personality disorders. No doubt the MDMA will make Aspies more sociable during the effect of the drug
+Quote Post
Aylish
post Aug 07, 2012, 07:16 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(Tone @ Jul 19, 2012, 07:46 AM) *

its not gonna work, they'll forget the experience and revert back to original personalities, even remembering the experience will not enable it to be duplicated without MDMA. Would be the same as someone getting high and then being able to sometimes get high without the drug, just because they can remember the high, doesn't happen.

A better approach would be to raise the dose of Tianeptine and manufacture it world wide & Asperger's would just be another patient suitable to be on it constantly.

Sorry, I know your study is still interesting knowntheless, from a standpoint of scientific curiosity about the brain & personality disorders. No doubt the MDMA will make Aspies more sociable during the effect of the drug

I'm curious. Have you spoken with many adults on the spectrum who have tried MDMA? If so, what did they report?

What if the goal of clinical research with MDMA was not to treat or cure autism but to enhance quality of life? Do you think MDMA-assisted therapy has the potential to help autistic adults with common co-occurring conditions such as anxiety, depression and trauma similarly to how it has been shown to support some neurotypical individuals?

PS: Autism spectrum conditions are currently classified in the DSM-IV (TR) as developmental disorders and not personality disorders.
+Quote Post
Aylish
post Oct 14, 2012, 09:44 AM
Post #5

Research Update -- October 14, 2012: Interviews complete and coded. Data analysis and write up continuing at a reasonable pace. Non-MDMA comparison group survey collection complete. Room for two more survey sets from participants who have used MDMA.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 03:09 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog