Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Beginner, beginner- need guidance
Kagiva
post Mar 08, 2012, 11:38 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 34057

Hi!

Obviously I'm totally a beginner on this! After LM I really feel dum with my 2 x 1200 mg piracetam.

Can you give me some guidance?
Should I combine piracetam with other substances to start with?

It is my 2nd day with only b-vitamin supplements and piracetam, so far nothing!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Robust
post May 06, 2012, 12:11 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 34199

QUOTE(Kagiva @ Mar 08, 2012, 12:38 PM) *

Hi!

Obviously I'm totally a beginner on this! After LM I really feel dum with my 2 x 1200 mg piracetam.

I too am a beginner with piracetam, and just a few days away from receiving my order, so obviously don't take my full word from what I state, but at that everybody iis different so don't think that if you follow an exact regiment as somebody else that you'll get the same effects, there is a. Possibiility, but no gaurentee. So likewise use dosing and suppplement resources as guidelines. Now there have been studies (even within this site and longecity) that do somewhat show a pattern in the stacking of other compounds ( I.e glutamine, fish oil, etc.) And there are of coarse scientifically proven thiings (correct me if I'm wrong) like kcholine supplementation is recommended because piracetam enhances the brains use of ACh. But do research and try different things, expirement for yourself what is right for you. I haven't done thiis yet, but I recommend you attack dose for a week, its been a while since you've posted so don't give up on it after a week or so of use and you don't notice results because for a lot of people it has a build up effect. Hope to hear back from ya soon!
+Quote Post
Flex
post May 06, 2012, 09:01 AM
Post #3

God

Member No.: 5877

QUOTE(Kagiva @ Mar 08, 2012, 12:38 PM) *

Hi!

Hey Kagiva, no need to feel dumb-LM is just a guy trying to make a quick buck by posing as something he is not, hence LM is no longer around the forum. The fact is that any effect you feel from piracetam should be more anxiolytic than anything (you feel less anxious). The actual cognitive enhancement benefits from piracetam are far overshadowed by the anxiolytic effects. In fact I would argue that this can account for most of the cognitive enhancement seen in the horrible Cold War era research that has been conducted on piracetam. The fact is that piracetam is not patentable, and thus research is not likely to be conducted anytime soon. 2x1200mg is plenty!

If you want to add to a B-vitamin piracetam stack, I would consider ALCAR, fish oil, and a gram or two a day of MSM. That ought to give you the most bang for your buck. If you are over 30, you might also consider taking the occasional DHEA (1mg per year over age 25 up to 25 or so mg). I myself am not keen on taking it on even close to a regular basis, maybe once or twice a week in very low doses but I am also very young. You may also find NADH to be a nice addition. It is very expensive, but 10mg sublingually once every 2 weeks or so is not too bad, and in my current opinion, a reasonable consumption guideline.

They key is to play it safe! I have spent well over $10,000 testing out various compounds, and I can tell you, the same values that operate in economics operate in cognitive enhancement for the most part. High risk, high return--low risk, low return. In this case however, I believe our risk aversion should be reversed! The younger one is, the more conservative in their approach I believe they ought to take, as the risk in this case is not recoupable over time (death).
+Quote Post
LeeCrostM.D.
post May 16, 2012, 07:35 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 34248

QUOTE(Kagiva @ Mar 08, 2012, 11:38 AM) *

Hi!

Generally people tend to notice an effect after a period of 2 weeks (a month is the minimum someone should try any nootropic as some effects are not so apparent). You can increase your dosage to 4.8 grams taken in one to two divided doses as that can induce a stronger neuro-chemical response sooner.

I would recommend taking ample amounts of choline with Piracetam. Ideally 500 mg elemental.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th July 2014 - 11:22 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog