Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Feb 22, 2012, 01:52 PM
Post #2

Demi-God

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 32635

Trip the pizza I had for lunch seems like a dream already. All we have is this second of present we all struggle to live in. All human kind, all animals, plants and rain drops, the stardust falling in our atmosphere at this very moment. We all live in the same second although our minds live a few miliseconds to a few seconds in the past, the time it takes to our mind to realize we are here.
Fortunately that process is quick enough for us to not to notice but, at the end, Consciousness lives in the tale of the comet that is that second where all things happen.
We are missing the action all the time...like living in a black and white movie which is a poor, though entertaining, copy of reality.
Yet we can project our memories to the past and live again a few things, but the further we go back the poorer is the copy of reality and the closer we get to the comet the more alive we feel.
What would I give to be a comet myself...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Dan
post Feb 23, 2012, 06:33 AM
Post #3

God

Member No.: 96

Age old question, unanswerable. Any answer implies logical associations of mental objects. Since "nothing" implies the lack of mental, or any kind of, objects, logic cannot apply. About the best we can do is stop thinking, but any a-hole in a trailer eating froot-loops and watching Jerry Springer can do that.
+Quote Post
Trip like I do
post Feb 23, 2012, 06:46 AM
Post #4

Supreme God

Member No.: 3202

QUOTE(Dan @ Feb 23, 2012, 09:33 AM) *

About the best we can do is stop thinking

.... impossible! Only in death will this be found!
+Quote Post
Trip like I do
post Feb 23, 2012, 07:24 AM
Post #5

Supreme God

doug wheeler
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Feb 23, 2012, 07:49 AM
Post #6

Supreme God

Member No.: 601

QUOTE(Trip like I do @ Feb 23, 2012, 02:46 PM) *

Consciousness prevails thru births and deaths and is not without awareness and thought.

You can still the mind, and observe thoughts and no thoughts.
+Quote Post
Trip like I do
post Feb 23, 2012, 08:09 AM
Post #7

Supreme God

QUOTE(Joesus @ Feb 23, 2012, 10:49 AM) *

QUOTE(Trip like I do @ Feb 23, 2012, 02:46 PM) *

You can still the mind, and observe thoughts and no thoughts.

nice words.... but still not correct! The physics of the space that the brain/mind reside in do not allow for this.... not yet
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Feb 23, 2012, 08:13 AM
Post #8

Supreme God

How do physics limit consciousness in awareness?

Is awareness or consciousness limited to the physics of time and space?
+Quote Post
Dan
post Feb 23, 2012, 08:16 AM
Post #9

God

QUOTE(Trip like I do @ Feb 23, 2012, 08:46 AM) *

You have seen Jerry Springer guests, right? QED
+Quote Post
Trip like I do
post Feb 23, 2012, 08:18 AM
Post #10

Supreme God

QUOTE(Joesus @ Feb 23, 2012, 11:13 AM) *

very good questions.... that are as of yet to be revealed

I'm thinking if the stuff of life that we are made up of are in and of themselves the stuff the universe is made up of then certain laws must apply.... so the physical brain while alive must create a certain (vibrational?) energy that in turns fires the neurons of consciousness and until those neurons stop firing due to inevitable decay and death an awareness of some form must therefore exist
+Quote Post
Trip like I do
post Feb 23, 2012, 08:21 AM
Post #11

Supreme God

QUOTE(Dan @ Feb 23, 2012, 11:16 AM) *

QUOTE(Trip like I do @ Feb 23, 2012, 08:46 AM) *

lol.... you do have a point dan.... but so do I
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Feb 23, 2012, 08:25 AM
Post #12

Supreme God

QUOTE(Trip like I do @ Feb 23, 2012, 04:18 PM) *

I'm thinking if the stuff of life that we are made up of are in and of themselves the stuff the universe is made up of then certain laws must apply.... so the physical brain while alive must create a certain (vibrational?) energy that in turns fires the neurons of consciousness and until those neurons stop firing due to inevitable decay and death an awareness of some form must therefore exist

You're suggesting consciousness is formed within the boundaries of the brain? That personality and awareness begins and ends with the forming of brain tissue and its decay?
Would this be similar to the idea of the universe having grown out of something or nothing and then growing the conditions in which consciousness emerged?
+Quote Post
Dan
post Feb 23, 2012, 08:29 AM
Post #13

God

QUOTE(Trip like I do @ Feb 23, 2012, 10:21 AM) *

Your point is well taken, but Homer isn't listening.
+Quote Post
Trip like I do
post Feb 23, 2012, 08:30 AM
Post #14

Supreme God

QUOTE(Joesus @ Feb 23, 2012, 11:25 AM) *

QUOTE(Trip like I do @ Feb 23, 2012, 04:18 PM) *

You're suggesting consciousness is formed within the boundaries of the brain? That personality and awareness begins and ends with the forming of brain tissue and its decay?
Would this be similar to the idea of the universe having grown out of something or nothing and then growing the conditions in which consciousness emerged?

sounds about right on both counts I would say joesus.... would you not agree that this is sound
+Quote Post
Trip like I do
post Feb 23, 2012, 08:32 AM
Post #15

Supreme God

QUOTE(Dan @ Feb 23, 2012, 11:29 AM) *

QUOTE(Trip like I do @ Feb 23, 2012, 10:21 AM) *

Your point is well taken, but Homer isn't listening.

I never get sick of that riff, lol....I think that is what this brain is going to go back and do for the rest of the day.... you and joesus make me think too hard, lol
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Feb 23, 2012, 05:20 PM
Post #16

Supreme God

QUOTE(Trip like I do @ Feb 23, 2012, 04:30 PM) *

sounds about right on both counts I would say joesus.... would you not agree that this is sound

It might sound tight to some, but then there are other thoughts that I feel are closer to reality.

If the new theories of what the big bang emerged from are a hint to the changing awareness of science in the evolution of theory is correct, what they suggest is that there is more to the nothing that was presumed to be prior to the something.
In the philosophy of metaphysics, consciousness is and always was. It manipulates the nothing (or the something more than nothing) into physical realities.

Just as man constructs his abode to live in, rather than the other way around, so does Consciousness construct the physical realities in which physical properties reflect structure and form.
You wrote:

I'm thinking if the stuff of life that we are made up of are in and of themselves the stuff the universe is made up of then certain laws must apply....

I agree that certain natural laws can be observed within structure, but the creative energies that make physical laws what they are, are not bound by physical laws, but rather use desire to create natural laws that can be observed within structure to express structure within those laws.

Consciousness reflects itself in many forms and the physical body is like a set of clothes it wears, putting one body on, taking it off and donning another many many times.

The entire universe is a reflection of Consciousness in both the collective, or group of individual personalities that are themselves reflections of one, just as one individual is able to express themselves in many more ways than just one way and with more than one thought, desire or belief.

The human body is a grouping of cells with their own awareness in that they react to each other and to the mind of the man thinking in terms of fear or love. The atoms and molecules exchange themselves many times over the course of a human life making the body something that is constantly changing and arranging itself into patterns that can either be stabilized or sent into chaos by the emotional state of the mind.

The cells within the body die and are replaced making the body go thru many deaths and rebirths yet the consciousness of the mind and body seem to have a cohesive pattern of recognition in itself as it changes.
So does consciousness that exchanges one large cell or cellular habitat for its temporary cycle in physical terms, expressing itself within that form.

From your article: Thereís More to Nothing Than We Knew

Nothing to nothing.

One day itís all going to seem like a dream.

But who is or was the dreamer?
+Quote Post
Dianah
post Feb 23, 2012, 05:34 PM
Post #17

Demi-God

Member No.: 584

QUOTE(Jakare @ Feb 22, 2012, 01:52 PM) *

Trip the pizza I had for lunch seems like a dream already. All we have is this second of present we all struggle to live in. All human kind, all animals, plants and rain drops, the stardust falling in our atmosphere at this very moment. We all live in the same second although our minds live a few miliseconds to a few seconds in the past, the time it takes to our mind to realize we are here.
Fortunately that process is quick enough for us to not to notice but, at the end, Consciousness lives in the tale of the comet that is that second where all things happen.
We are missing the action all the time...like living in a black and white movie which is a poor, though entertaining, copy of reality.
Yet we can project our memories to the past and live again a few things, but the further we go back the poorer is the copy of reality and the closer we get to the comet the more alive we feel.

very poignet Jakare...
+Quote Post
Trip like I do
post Feb 24, 2012, 05:45 AM
Post #18

Supreme God

QUOTE(Joesus @ Feb 23, 2012, 08:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Trip like I do @ Feb 23, 2012, 04:30 PM) *

It might sound right to some, but then there are other thoughts that I feel are closer to reality.

If the new theories of what the big bang emerged from are a hint to the changing awareness of science in the evolution of theory is correct, what they suggest is that there is more to the nothing that was presumed to be prior to the something.
In the philosophy of metaphysics, consciousness is and always was. It manipulates the nothing (or the something more than nothing) into physical realities.

Just as man constructs his abode to live in, rather than the other way around, so does Consciousness construct the physical realities in which physical properties reflect structure and form.
You wrote:

I'm thinking if the stuff of life that we are made up of are in and of themselves the stuff the universe is made up of then certain laws must apply....

I agree that certain natural laws can be observed within structure, but the creative energies that make physical laws what they are, are not bound by physical laws, but rather use desire to create natural laws that can be observed within structure to express structure within those laws.

Consciousness reflects itself in many forms and the physical body is like a set of clothes it wears, putting one body on, taking it off and donning another many many times.

The entire universe is a reflection of Consciousness in both the collective, or group of individual personalities that are themselves reflections of one, just as one individual is able to express themselves in many more ways than just one way and with more than one thought, desire or belief.

The human body is a grouping of cells with their own awareness in that they react to each other and to the mind of the man thinking in terms of fear or love. The atoms and molecules exchange themselves many times over the course of a human life making the body something that is constantly changing and arranging itself into patterns that can either be stabilized or sent into chaos by the emotional state of the mind.

The cells within the body die and are replaced making the body go thru many deaths and rebirths yet the consciousness of the mind and body seem to have a cohesive pattern of recognition in itself as it changes.
So does consciousness that exchanges one large cell or cellular habitat for its temporary cycle in physical terms, expressing itself within that form.

From your article: Thereís More to Nothing Than We Knew

Nothing to nothing.

One day itís all going to seem like a dream.

But who is or was the dreamer?

yes.... that's all very exciting and plausible joesus. I do not disagree with your theories.... but many have yet to be proven and established as collectively accepted paradigms.
+Quote Post
Trip like I do
post Feb 24, 2012, 05:47 AM
Post #19

Supreme God

QUOTE(Dianah @ Feb 23, 2012, 08:34 PM) *

QUOTE(Jakare @ Feb 22, 2012, 01:52 PM) *

very poignet Jakare...

I agree.... nice analogy
+Quote Post
Dan
post Feb 24, 2012, 06:12 AM
Post #20

God

QUOTE(Trip like I do @ Feb 24, 2012, 07:45 AM) *

yes.... that's all very exciting and plausible joesus. I do not disagree with your theories.... but many have yet to be proven and established as collectively accepted paradigms.

They're not "theories", they are expressions of the absolute in the relative reflecting the unchanging truth and must be directly experienced because words cannot fully express them although words can point one in the direction of truth which is the nature of the ineffable that can be experienced if one puts forth concerted effort and rejects the relative mind that is based in ego and delusion resulting from mental thoughtforms that come from the relative ... gasp! ... (breathing heavily)
+Quote Post
Trip like I do
post Feb 24, 2012, 09:05 AM
Post #21

Supreme God

QUOTE(Dan @ Feb 24, 2012, 09:12 AM) *

QUOTE(Trip like I do @ Feb 24, 2012, 07:45 AM) *

They're not "theories", they are expressions of the absolute in the relative reflecting the unchanging truth and must be directly experienced because words cannot fully express them although words can point one in the direction of truth which is the nature of the ineffable that can be experienced if one puts forth concerted effort and rejects the relative mind that is based in ego and delusion resulting from mental thoughtforms that come from the relative ... gasp! ... (breathing heavily)

haha.... well said
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Feb 26, 2012, 03:11 PM
Post #22

Demi-God

Member No.: 32635

QUOTE(Trip like I do @ Feb 22, 2012, 09:26 PM) *

Nothingness is the shade of somethingness.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th December 2014 - 04:22 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright © BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog