BrainMeta'                 

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Starting nootropic regimen., Questions re. self-evaluation, dosage, absorption.
Denning
post Feb 22, 2012, 11:19 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 34007

Intro:
I'm planning to begin a relatively simple nootropic regimen in March and currently researching potential options. I acknowledge that I still have a lot of independent research to do, so I hope that none of the answers to my questions are frustratingly obvious. I hope that someone might have some advice or suggestions; any insight into possible answers would be greatly appreciated (links to studies/research would be preferable, but anecdotal evidence is also useful.) Also, if there are any red flags regarding interactions or possible negative effects that I may have overlooked, please let me know.

Relevant Background:
- Male, 5'10, 125 lbs.
- Many years of on/off major depression - suspected negative impact on the hippocampus - very sub-par memory.
- Ulcerative colitis - diminished ability to absorb via large intestine - currently anemic.
- Diagnosed ADHD - predominantly inattentive.
- Suspected autism spectrum disorder.

Current Daily Medication:
- 150mg bupropion (norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitor)
- 2400mg mesalamine (anti-inflammatory agent)

Intended Daily Supplement Regimen:
- 2000mg piracetam
- 800mg choline bitartrate
- 5mL cod liver oil (DHA: 500mg / EPA: 400mg)
- 120mg ginkgo biloba

Questions:
1. Does anyone know the relative potency of the gingko biloba available through CerebralHealth?

2. How is piracetam absorbed in the digestive system? (i.e. predominantly small intestine?)

3. Is there consensus on the usefulness of a piracetam 'attack dose'?

4. Is there consensus on the usefulness of creatine in boosting memory function?

5. Are there any daily tests or series of tests which you would recommend in order to chart the impact of the supplements? (i.e. quizzes/tasks which are likely to produce data accurately reflecting memory / analytic abilities over a one-month period.)

Thank you kindly for reading! Please let me know if there is any additional information which would be helpful.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 02:49 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog